Marking healers with raid icons need to STOP!

Maiajayde

Marking healers with raid icons just ends any fun trying to play heal's unless you have a extreme amount of pvp gear. There is no L2play when you have 6 ranged stuns when you spawn and jump out of the walls, etc. etc etc. If you don't have a pre-made group to use cool down to protect heal you die as soon as they see the mark.

In any other mmo with 1/2 way good pvp does not allow enemy marks. In fact, in one or more mmo's they will ban you if you use third party add on's to mark healers. The L2play should not be mark the healer it should be recognize the healer for ones self and then kill him.

BW says they care about PVPbut they let something like this slip through. This sould be fixed, Hell PVP need a big work over and everyone knows it.

Edited by Maiajayde

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying we should simply let you heal without damaging you? .. Well I guess this would be fine if you guys let me kept dpsing without damaging me.. You know what, lets just get rid of pvp! ........ Logic. It's a team game, get someone to guard you and if they are ranged use LoS to your advantage

Marking healers with raid icons just ends any fun trying to play heal's unless you have a extreme amount of pvp gear. There is no L2play when you have 6 ranged stuns when you spawn and jump out of the walls, etc. etc etc. If you don't have a pre-made group to use cool down to protect heal you die as soon as they see the mark.

In any other mmo with 1/2 way good pvp does not allow enemy marks. In fact, in one or more mmo's they will ban you if you use third party add on's to mark healers. the L2play should not be mark the healer it should be recognize the healer for ones self and then kill him.

BW says they care about PVp but they let something like this slip through. This sould be fixed, Hell PVP need a big work over and everyone knows it.

No, Marking targets is just fine. If you do not like getting focus fired then reroll.

(healers get focused becuse if played right it gets a bit broken fast, considering the piss poor interrupt mechanics and lack of counters)

FOR SURE i bet you do when you are on your DPS . let them focus you but let them do it from there own skill and not a mark lol ranged stun i win

Not saying that what i am saying is L2play for your self and not o look a mark i can stun him after he did

No, Marking targets is just fine. If you do not like getting focus fired then reroll.

(healers get focused becuse if played right it gets a bit broken fast, considering the piss poor interrupt mechanics and lack of counters)

Wow your not to smart even the so called God of MMO WoW seen how dumb and how it hurts pvp more than helps it thats why they banned the mark the healer mod.

Edited by Molatova

9 times out of 10 a team that actually attacks marked targets would be focusing those same targets anyways. I know when im in a premade on vent we dont even pay attention to the marks, we just call out names. Marks just give you a better vision of where the healers ARE not which ones are the healers.

It's funny because a lot of PUG groups dont even pay attention to the marks. They should, but they dont.

i was a healer in swg for 5 years so i know how it feels...

but what's the difference about getting marked vs people telling the whole group in ops chat to focus you?

i don't see the issue

They don't say he just spawn and they have to find the healer with out a HUGH mark to show them out of the group

i was a healer in swg for 5 years so i know how it feels...

but what's the difference about getting marked vs people telling the whole group in ops chat to focus you?

i don't see the issue

SWG even went a step further and allowed you to /assist so that everyone in the group automatically attacked the chosen target... life was really hard there for priority targets.

Honestly, this has to be the most silly complaint I ever read.

I'm a healer...I deal with getting focused. I play with good teammates that dont just watch me get focused.

Pro tip: Use line of sights and ranged classes will NEVER kill you. I dont care what gear you have. If you use line of sight to your advantage it will take 4 people to kill you, and they wont be doing it quickly. Seems like you just need to brush up on your kiting skills.

There's plenty of healers in this game that just stand there and try to heal through focus fire. To those I say...Learn to play. The best healers kite using line of sight if they are getting focused.

So really, the problem is not the marking targets, it's the healer not knowing what to do when he/she is getting focused. No...you dont stand there and try to heal through it lol.

SWG even went a step further and allowed you to /assist so that everyone in the group automatically attacked the chosen target... life was really hard there for priority targets.

There's assist target in this game too...good players use it. Bad players dont even know it exists.

They don't say he just spawn and they have to find the healer with out a HUGH mark to show them out of the group

let's say i'm not the ops leader so i can't mark you... i'm a sniper... if i see you healing, i'm going after you... and i'm spamming in my ops chat to attack you every time...

if you don't like being focused, roll something else...

In any other mmo with 1/2 way good pvp does not allow enemy marks. In fact, in one or more mmo's they will ban you if you use third party add on's to mark healers. The L2play should not be mark the healer it should be recognize the healer for ones self and then kill him.

BW says they care about PVPbut they let something like this slip through. This sould be fixed, Hell PVP need a big work over and everyone knows it.

Please continue to mark healers.

Honestly, this has to be the most silly complaint I ever read.

I'm a healer...I deal with getting focused. I play with good teammates that dont just watch me get focused.

Pro tip: Use line of sights and ranged classes will NEVER kill you. I dont care what gear you have. If you use line of sight to your advantage it will take 4 people to kill you, and they wont be doing it quickly. Seems like you just need to brush up on your kiting skills.

There's plenty of healers in this game that just stand there and try to heal through focus fire. To those I say...Learn to play. The best healers kite using line of sight if they are getting focused.

So really, the problem is not the marking targets, it's the healer not knowing what to do when he/she is getting focused. No...you dont stand there and try to heal through it lol.

YOU don"t get the point. YES healer get focus. in a game when you have to get up on the healer to stun them they can run pole dance etc etc but when you have a mark on you as soon as you spawn ITS RANGED STUNS you can't move away you cant LOS it you are dead. so i doubt you play much heal

Edited by Maiajayde

So basically what your saying only Vent guilds is allowed to have tactics?

The vent groups can call names, the only way for a pug to coordinate is to use those marks.

If anything they should give us auto marking, to help PuG's compete with vent.

Vent is an insanely unfair advantage and anything that lessen the advantage is a huge plus in my book.

So basically what your saying only Vent guilds is allowed to have tactics?

The vent groups can call names, the only way for a pug to coordinate is to use those marks.

If anything they should give us auto marking, to help PuG's compete with vent.

Vent is an insanely unfair advantage and anything that lessen the advantage is a huge plus in my book.

I am sure that's why they don't let you Q In a Ops. Because of vent.

Edited by Maiajayde

The real thing is when you kill a healer in a WF when he respawns with 3 other people who all look alike it takes time to target and find where the healer went. At least it gives the healer a little time to do something other than having a gaint icon saying where he is at all times. Sure people may call your name in Ops and say your a healer but at least they have to FIND YOU to attack you not oh look healer is spawning and look he went right when he jumped ill get him. Gaint target on him lol that is dumb and bad game play.

It makes it fair for every player if there is not a icon on another player in PvP. And thats all he wants it is not a L2P Line of sight thing at least with out the Icon you dont know if he is LOS people but look gaint icon there he is nyck nyuck nyuck. It should be done away with.

I am sure that's why they don't let you Q In a Ops. Because of vent.

four people in vent + four randoms or another four ppl vent team vs 8 people without vent and the 8 people is at a serious disadvantage.

Your suggestion is just making the disadvantage even worse.