Kaleesh playable race.

Necroburger

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is a Kaleesh? And no...Races aren't new content...it's the equivalent of new armor. SWTOR needs more to do at 60, not a new race that leaves the stagnant end game as it is.

Meh, they're not mutually exclusive, and new species are purely a matter of art, not content coding. Kaleesh, like so many others, is literally just a matter of modelling a head and sticking it on top of a human body with some new color options.

But of course, EA has to pretend like adding a new race is some titanic undertaking requiring millions of man hours by the brightest men in the field of programming and modelling, because otherwise how are they going to overcharge us for them on the cartel market? :p

Edited by jovianus

But of course, EA has to pretend like adding a new race is some titanic undertaking requiring millions of man hours by the brightest men in the field of programming and modelling, because otherwise how are they going to overcharge us for them on the cartel market? :p

No kidding lol!!!

What the hell is a Kaleesh? And no...Races aren't new content...it's the equivalent of new armor. SWTOR needs more to do at 60, not a new race that leaves the stagnant end game as it is.

Think Inquistor companion, Xalek, or General Grevious from the Prequels.

One new race is enough for now.

Edited by Nickious

Nautolan or Wookkiee.

Wookiee?

At least Kaleesh speak Basic....and match existing player model scale... and wear (mostly) compatible armor... and can be (ie: aren't banned by LucasArts from being) force users... and fit into most storylines without being silly.

How is it not abundantly clear to everyone that the romance aspect of the game eliminates any race/species that looks like a "monster" (aside from shark-genital-faced Sith PB) as a player character race/species?

Why does that matter? What does a players race have to do with romance exactly? Careful bran...or you'll risk looking like a racist with those type of comments. ;)

How is it not abundantly clear to everyone that the romance aspect of the game eliminates any race/species that looks like a "monster" (aside from shark-genital-faced Sith PB) as a player character race/species?

Id pay money to see Ashara have to kiss a kaleesh lol :p

How is it not abundantly clear to everyone that the romance aspect of the game eliminates any race/species that looks like a "monster" ... as a player character race/species?

Because they want it.

Or because that part of the game isn't interesting to them so they don't put any thought into it. As much as it runs contrary to every instinct I have, I know there are loads of people who make these suggestions without really putting much thought into why it wouldn't make sense or why it would cause problems.

There are loads of people who want to play as a Voss. And who knows, maybe they will someday. But the game story on both factions sort of explicitly excludes that idea. Class stories for every class except BH and Smuggler have direct incompatibilities (as in, plot points beyond the silly conflicts we get now with Cathar and Chiss). But people still suggest it, because their desire for it eclipses their care about the story and companion interactions making sense.

For others (like me), there are enough choices that are compatible that we can't see a reason to step into the incompatible ones and give up on the story.

(aside from shark-genital-faced Sith PB)

It worries me that I caught this joke and chuckled.

It worried me even more that shark-genitals are that familiar to me.

+1 to Branma K. Muffin for an utterly original reference.

Racists :( Kaleesh FTW

Don't forget to samepoast again.

Why does that matter? What does a players race have to do with romance exactly? Careful bran...or you'll risk looking like a racist with those type of comments. ;)

Yeah really it's just an option. I'm not saying those that don't want others to have the option are space racists, but they certainly run the risk of looking like it. :mon_cool:

Edited by Joesixxpack

I like his VA -- Tony Armatrading -- but not a fan of Kaleesh either.

Would prefer the Taung myself, but those are even less likely to ever come.

It's the hat. I *HATE* that stupid hat. Makes him look like Gilligan's space doppelganger. He just needs the red/white striped Waldo shirt to complete it.

Why does that matter? What does a players race have to do with romance exactly?

A Kaleesh or a Rodian, etc., are not going to pass the supposed "Princess Leia" test, are they? Requests for all these "obviously never going to happen" player race/species requests are most likely veiled "TOR is not SWG!" complaints.

Edited by branmakmuffin

A Kaleesh or a Rodian, etc., are not going to pass the supposed "Princess Leia" test, are they? Requests for all these "obviously never going to happen" player race/species requests are most likely veiled "TOR is not SWG!" complaints.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care if they never release another species or not, but I think romance, or your princess test, are bad excuses not to.

Because they want it.

Or because that part of the game isn't interesting to them so they don't put any thought into it. As much as it runs contrary to every instinct I have, I know there are loads of people who make these suggestions without really putting much thought into why it wouldn't make sense or why it would cause problems.

There are loads of people who want to play as a Voss. And who knows, maybe they will someday. But the game story on both factions sort of explicitly excludes that idea. Class stories for every class except BH and Smuggler have direct incompatibilities (as in, plot points beyond the silly conflicts we get now with Cathar and Chiss). But people still suggest it, because their desire for it eclipses their care about the story and companion interactions making sense.

For others (like me), there are enough choices that are compatible that we can't see a reason to step into the incompatible ones and give up on the story.

That's frankly a terrible argument. "Since obviously someone would come to my house and put a gun to my head and force me to roll that race, they can't include any races that would be 'weird' for a completely optional (romance) part of a completely optional (companion story) part of the game!"

You're literally saying that Bioware has the obligation to prevent you (and everyone else) from doing things you consider dumb and disruptive to the story. Rather than, I dunno, just personally choosing not to do it.

In that case all Dark Side options should be removed from Republic classes, and romances should be removed from Jedi, as well as all Light Side options from the Empire.

Also, Cathar need to be removed like, yesterday. I don't see Princess Leia making out with her cat.

"The Princess Leia Test" or whatever other nonsense just seems like an excuse for Bioware to be lazy. Why put in the work for interesting alien species when you can just make minor color and model tweaks to a regular human and call it a day?

Edited by jovianus

That's frankly a terrible argument. "Since obviously someone would come to my house and put a gun to my head and force me to roll that race, they can't include any races that would be 'weird' for a completely optional (romance) part of a completely optional (companion story) part of the game!"

You're literally saying that Bioware has the obligation to prevent you (and everyone else) from doing things you consider dumb and disruptive to the story. Rather than, I dunno, just personally choosing not to do it.

In that case all Dark Side options should be removed from Republic classes, and romances should be removed from Jedi, as well as all Light Side options from the Empire.

Also, Cathar need to be removed like, yesterday. I don't see Princess Leia making out with her cat.

"The Princess Leia Test" or whatever other nonsense just seems like an excuse for Bioware to be lazy. Why put in the work for interesting alien species when you can just make minor color and model tweaks to a regular human and call it a day?

You guys can hate that reasoning all you want, or call it lazy, or whatever. And maybe you're right. But it doesn't matter because that isn't some person guessing why Bioware won't do it. That is Bioware's actual, official stance. Shortly after launch they came out and said "it ain't happening." Well, more accurately they flat out said the Princess Leia test or whatever you want to call it is the official reason (alongside any potential lack of speaking Basic issues) that you will never see Wookiees, or Trandoshans, or Rodians or whatever as playable. They have to be able to speak Basic, they have to conform to the current player body type models, and they have to look reasonably human enough in the face that players can imagine a romance with them. It doesn't matter if you don't care about the romance part, Bioware does.

The only species currently in the game that conforms to all three of those requirements, and does not horrifically violate the game's story by being made playable (ie Voss and whatever Nadia's people are) that I can think of are Togruta and Nautolan. We're already getting Togruta this year. Nautolan honestly might even be stretching it too far, which is a shame since I'd love for them to be playable. Hell, I'd love Rodians and Sullustans to be playable. But it's not going to happen.

You do realize that the "Romance Comment" was made in casual conversation as a joke early on and wasn't ACTUAL "bylaw" as to what Species can or cannot be made Playable.