Challenge Emperor/Empress

jan_skakal

Logically yes that will be the next course of action but it will not happen we will not be put in an passive leadership position again. We either gonna be in an battlefield position of leadership like leading troops in the front line or no leadership position at all and killing troops in the front line, behind the lines not on the battlefield, in their home, in their cantina and so forth.

Hmmm after all that the Inquisitor been through and gain from all that had happened I think their are very few or no one that can best him/her in combat and force powers...

As a PC main hero he/she don't get show off their powers like Valkorion or Vaylin...but it is strongly hinted they are extremely strong in the force, cunning and en expert in martial combat.

So yeah, I think the Inquisitor could defeat easy both the Emperor/Empress and the Dark Council... However I believe they know this... so I speculate that its one of the reason everyone tries to win your favor or alliance...

Then again it be great to see them try in a cinematic and you get to show off your full power, choosing how systematically you beat them... I'm sure a LOT players would LOOOOOVEEE that FAN SERVICE! :D

Edited by Zehal

it would certainly be great to be able to challenge the emperor / empress, and most likely the player would end up winning that match, unless they make him lose for the sake of the plot, but in any case I doubt very much that they allow it, despite the fact that would give some sense to the last decision

It would be cool, but I would only accept it as a story twist for the very final story patch of the game. The Warrior/Inquisitor leading the Empire to a glorious victory and then receiving both popular support and allies in the council to overthrow Acina/Vowrawn.

Although, I do like both quite a bit... I hope we can romance them in the future. I think being part of the Emperor's Hand will definitely give a chance to be with them more privately.

I do think that Wrath and Kallig are the most deserving of the throne but from a gameplay perspective it would seem like too high of a post for frontline work, that the game is more aimed at. I will not get too excited and expect my Inquisitors and Warriors to remain as stalwart confidants for the Good Empress and potential suitors. :p

• 5 months later...

Malgus dreamt of Acina force lightning-ing him into submission. In that dream he's not envisioning the mechanism that was implanted in him to control him, he was envisioning her force lightning. So I think Acina is more powerful than she gets credit for.

But even if my sith characters are more powerful than she is, I wouldn't challenge her for the throne. I rather like her and feel like she needs more fleshing out and more feats of power, intelligence and rulership.

See, I'm no feminist but Bioware has the chance to make a great female sith. Her being empress is already legendary since emperors are usually ma le, and I think her potential as a character will be wasted if she is relegated to a female empress with nothing else to her name than that.

But back to my characters. My warriors would serve her willingly and at least one of them would romance her if they could.

If one of our characters would become the Sith Emperor or Empress, that would basically end the storyline. Because those characters would be completely cornered in what they can do afterwards. How would you justify the Emperor or Empress of the Sith going to do a mission on a space station or some backwater planet? It would place the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor in a narrative corner from which they wouldn't be able to leave.

That is why our characters should never become the sole ruler/leader of either the Empire or the Republic. Those are roles that need to be fulfilled by NPCs, in order to keep the story credible and to not back our characters into a narrative corner.

Malgus dreamt of Acina force lightning-ing him into submission. In that dream he's not envisioning the mechanism that was implanted in him to control him, he was envisioning her force lightning. So I think Acina is more powerful than she gets credit for.

That scene changes depending upon your choice on Iokath.

If you side with the Empire on Iokath then it's Acina wielding the Force taser, but if you side with the Republic then it's Vowrawn.

That scene changes depending upon your choice on Iokath.

If you side with the Empire on Iokath then it's Acina wielding the Force taser, but if you side with the Republic then it's Vowrawn.

I'm aware. But if you skip expansions Acina is the default emperor so I see her as the canon emperor. And I'm bias. But regardless, she and vowrawn might be more powerful than people give them credit to be.

I'm aware. But if you skip expansions Acina is the default emperor so I see her as the canon emperor. And I'm bias. But regardless, she and vowrawn might be more powerful than people give them credit to be.

Neither Acina or Vowrawn would be Sith Empress/Emperor if they wouldn't be able to hold onto their power. The Sith are always scheming and plotting, the fact that Acina got to remain in power after she had ascended the throne already signifies she is a very powerful Sith. The same goes for Vowrawn, as he has been around for ages. The fact that he is still alive up until Onslaught clearly signifies he too is powerful enough to keep the other Darths and Sith Lords at bay as Emperor.

To me, Vowrawn will always be the canon Emperor. He just fits the role so well, with his devious charisma and political savvy. He also is a Sith Pureblood and I always felt that the ruler of the Sith Empire should also be a Sith Pureblood. It just seems fitting :)

If one of our characters would become the Sith Emperor or Empress, that would basically end the storyline. Because those characters would be completely cornered in what they can do afterwards. How would you justify the Emperor or Empress of the Sith going to do a mission on a space station or some backwater planet? It would place the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor in a narrative corner from which they wouldn't be able to leave.

That is why our characters should never become the sole ruler/leader of either the Empire or the Republic. Those are roles that need to be fulfilled by NPCs, in order to keep the story credible and to not back our characters into a narrative corner.

I agree on this.

And who would be the Sith ruler for pub toons or any character that is not SW/SI ?

Would the ruler still be either Acina or Vowrawn, or someone else ?

That'd make the story even more of a mess than it already is.

Neither Acina or Vowrawn would be Sith Empress/Emperor if they wouldn't be able to hold onto their power. The Sith are always scheming and plotting, the fact that Acina got to remain in power after she had ascended the throne already signifies she is a very powerful Sith. The same goes for Vowrawn, as he has been around for ages. The fact that he is still alive up until Onslaught clearly signifies he too is powerful enough to keep the other Darths and Sith Lords at bay as Emperor.

To me, Vowrawn will always be the canon Emperor. He just fits the role so well, with his devious charisma and political savvy. He also is a Sith Pureblood and I always felt that the ruler of the Sith Empire should also be a Sith Pureblood. It just seems fitting :)

Right on. It just feels implied that Acina's rise was mainly due to Malgus' employment and most players get the impression that she's weak because she reaches out to the Outlander in KOtET. And in terms of power, I was meaning more in the way of sorcery than politics but you're right. And Vowrawn certainly can make more sense as emperor, especially looking at it that way. I just feel that Bioware intended for Acina to be official since she is the default.. Her function in sith politics began in the tech area too if I remember right, so her having control over Malgus makes a lot of sense.

I agree on this.

And who would be the Sith ruler for pub toons or any character that is not SW/SI ?

Would the ruler still be either Acina or Vowrawn, or someone else ?

That'd make the story even more of a mess than it already is.

It's why I am one among many (a lot of players from the Darth Malgus RP community are of the same mind regarding this) who would like an answer as to who the "canon" Emperor or Empress is, Acina or Vowrawn. For a lot of RPers, it creates problems in terms of continuity as the lore is unclear on what the official version of events is.

But if we can't get a canon version of that choice or if Bioware doesn't want to give one, then I'd hope that another Sith topples Acina/Vowrawn and becomes Sith Emperor/Empress. My vote would be for Darth Jadus, because I don't see anyone else with the same amount of power, influence and potential as him.

But the player character should not assume the role of Emperor or Empress of the Sith. That would create a continuity headache of gargantuan proportions in terms of lore. And as I said, it would basically end their story. Because what else can you do when you become Sith Emperor or Empress? Nothing, you're backed into a narrative corner. So, unless they make it part of the finale of SWTOR's story and won't produce any story content anymore, I don't want either the Inquisitor or Warrior to become the ruler of the Sith Empire.

It's why I am one among many (a lot of players from the Darth Malgus RP community are of the same mind regarding this) who would like an answer as to who the "canon" Emperor or Empress is, Acina or Vowrawn. For a lot of RPers, it creates problems in terms of continuity as the lore is unclear on what the official version of events is.

But if we can't get a canon version of that choice or if Bioware doesn't want to give one, then I'd hope that another Sith topples Acina/Vowrawn and becomes Sith Emperor/Empress. My vote would be for Darth Jadus, because I don't see anyone else with the same amount of power, influence and potential as him.

But the player character should not assume the role of Emperor or Empress of the Sith. That would create a continuity headache of gargantuan proportions in terms of lore. And as I said, it would basically end their story. Because what else can you do when you become Sith Emperor or Empress? Nothing, you're backed into a narrative corner. So, unless they make it part of the finale of SWTOR's story and won't produce any story content anymore, I don't want either the Inquisitor or Warrior to become the ruler of the Sith Empire.

I'm not part of the RP community so i can pretty much chose what canon i want to follow, but i still find the discontinuity between imp/pub siding characters pretty annoying.

I'd much rather have an overall story, with 1 set ruler of the Empire (so somehow, i'd rather have a new ruler as both Acina and Vowrawn can be killed at different points), like there's 1 Chancelor no matter what choice was made on Iokath.

One thing i also find a bit irritating is that whatever side you chose to support wins everything. In reality if this were to happen, the war would clearly not last long as one side would loose massively while the other is doing pretty good.

Would be much better if the outcome was set but if the defeat was less impactful when you support the faction who loose than when you support the faction that wins.

Let's take Onslaught as an example, if you side with the Republic, they win on Onderon, then again on Mek-sha, and again on Corelia. And if you side with the Empire, Empire wins everything.

Would've been better if for instance Pub won on Onderon, keeping this world in the Republic (but if your toon supports the Empire you still manage to take down some pup ships), Imp on Mek-Sha (but if you support the pubs, you still manage to save a few ships) and then the outcome on Corellia could be somewhat of a tie where the Republic manages to save the factory, but at the coast of most of the ships that were there to protect it. Or something along those lines.