Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did they halve the xp required to reach the next level? so the xp coming in is the same as usual?

No, you just get double the exp you normally would on everything. ;) I find the only problem is that my space combat mission gray out before I have a chance to do them, same as flash points. I'm to busy doing missions on planets. :rolleyes:

Has anyone actually checked the amount of xp they are getting. daily low level wz quest is roughly 10k under lvl 20. Im lvl13. turned in daily wz quest and got 10k and some change for it. i was expecting around 20k since its supposed to be double xp weekened. thought well maybe the tooltip was incorrect but it got double added anyway ....checked total xp and it only gave me what the tooltip said. xp from the actual wz is about the same too. Its not doubled. Is the double xp limited to certain activities? b/c it doesnt seem to apply to anything wz related.

At level 13 you only get 4k or so for the PvP daily, so yes, it's correct. I'm level 29 (from 21 xD) and I got 26k from doing it yesterday.

in my oppinion theese dbl. xp weekends runis the game experince for new players due to beeing OP to fast and swiff through class missions and normal q's, plus making a fool of others that worked hard for the xp waaay b4 this dbl xp thingies..

this game is the best ive ever done quest and espcially class missions in. the story is gr8, its feeling a bit numb when u can nearly oneshot the semiboss during ur class q's during beeing 3 lvl above normal.

just my oppinion..

I have to say, I absolutely loved the double-exp-weekend. Finally I can play the game on my own terms. If I dont want to play quests, then I dont. Even filling the gaps with space missions and PvP didnt feel like a Grind.

I wish they would double the exp every weekend, not just until RothC comes out. That way I really could play ToR like KotoR 3.

Regards,

Uvi

I have to say, I absolutely loved the double-exp-weekend. Finally I can play the game on my own terms. If I dont want to play quests, then I dont. Even filling the gaps with space missions and PvP didnt feel like a Grind.

I wish they would double the exp every weekend, not just until RothC comes out. That way I really could play ToR like KotoR 3.

Regards,

Uvi

Pretty much this, I loooooved being able to skip planets and just did all the missions on planets I liked without falling too far behind, got my juggernaught and vanguard to 50 this weekend, and am lookin at who I should work on for the next weekend.

i loved it, i started a new sith warrior (have a 50 jagga ds) and i wanted to have a ls sith warrior as well. so i began and it was aaaaaawwwesome. finished korriban with 13, droomund kaas with 22, balmorra with 26, and then i just played somequest, i finished act 1 and now i am wating for next week, maybe i will be able to finish act 2 next weekend and even act 3. hoidays are coming yeah. and fyi as you might see english isnt my mother tongue.

much love, till next weekend.

I absolutely loved this as well. Managed to play enough to get my level 15 trooper up to 32 this weekend. I'm actually a bit more motivated to keep playing him some now until the next weekend approaches. The fact my rested experience didn't get consumed was a real plus.

Thanks Bioware!

It was different. Definitely nice to be able to power through things I've seen several times (I had 3 50s, now 4 :D). But, a warning to folks, have lots of credits on hand if you are in the last levels. It gets expensive to equip yourself and companions quickly and you will need to do so. Edited by Selethar

Would like to chime in to say that I absolutely loved the double XP weekend as well. I started my first Empire character and felt like the pace of the progression was a lot more satisfying than when I played with my JK. I think for a game that has such high quality story driven content to get through it would be great to see a lot more of these double XP weekends. I like the idea of seeing more story content through more alts with less grind time.

Would like to chime in to say that I absolutely loved the double XP weekend as well. I started my first Empire character and felt like the pace of the progression was a lot more satisfying than when I played with my JK. I think for a game that has such high quality story driven content to get through it would be great to see a lot more of these double XP weekends. I like the idea of seeing more story content through more alts with less grind time.

It was awesome. I just finished leveling my fourth 50 before double XP was announced, and I thought it would be a while before I could do the next one. But this weekend it felt like the game was fun again. They should definitely do this more often.

"+310% bonus experience! That is over triple the experience. Enjoying your leveling my friends!" <-- Courtneywoods from BW said this and it's just silly and groundbreaking to hear a Mmo developer say something like this..

Breaks so much Rp elements of a Mmo just sad to see staff member of a company behind the product to say something like this and use that silly leveling word and to feed xp addicts like that..just as BW has been giving +xp gain rewards for a while now and NOT a nice way to get ppl to check up Cartel Market like that when given that xp boost crap as reward in game & maybe buy stuff and meaning those ppl who drool for the faster xp so they buy some of those from CM after they see from reward's description that it's available in CM..just sad :(

I wish that those +xp gain rewards wouldn't be available from anyplace else than from CM when 2.0 comes. Ppl can get them from CM if they want,but pls don't feed them for everyone after a mission or even a Flashpoint. It really makes a normal adventurer sad who don't care about stupid boost's as those ppl tend to adventure with relaxed pace and not think of the Mmo as like a race where u need to get to current max lvl "assuming that Mmo has lvls" in blink of an eye and just drool for that xp.

So pls if u plan on doing stupid double xp weekend's even after 2.0 then give us option to toggle it and stop giving +xp rewards after Fp's / Mission's Ty. I have destroyed them so far when received,but would be nice to not receive at all as a reward cause it really breaks the feeling from adventures. If u want to advertise Cm and those +xp packages that last for 1hr and longer then pls advertise with some other way than giving them as rewards with other equipment or comms. Do not make this fine piece of art "Star Wars the Old Republic" a simple & lazy mode Mmo already after it's been out for 1 year :rak_04:

I know that there will be some +xp drooling fanboys replying to this with messages including hatred,but i don't care as i just don't want to see every Mmo going down to simple mode bath where this xp is given to adventurers on a golden shiny spoon so they won't need to see any effort while adventuring and getting to that current max lvl in blink of an eye.

Those many Legacy perks already give increased Xp flow and when ppl who have 1 or more of them in use use +xp rewards it's just silly fast character progress :/ No matter if it's alt or main and if someone has seen same stuff many times and cba to do same again "as many say for that" :p Newcomers who use these double xp weekend's and also get +xp flow rewards or even buy them from CM after notice it they "overlevel" area's and therefore they'll miss some stuff and they might like some of it that they missed.

There r already looots of characters who can adventure to Makeb when it comes so like Devs said that these double xp weekend's are related to "March to Makeb" are silly cause there is already well enough ppl to march there when it comes and meaning without silly double xp weekend's.

Also why would soo many have to go there at same time as ppl can adventure there when time is rdy for them to adventure,but no need to start feeding that Xp with golden spoon to everyone so then those 2x available instances in the planet "or maybe 3" will be soo full that it's a huge lagfest when it launches and will last for a long time. That is not the main reason though why this feeding xp with double xp weekends is silly move..Sure there is a huge amount of voice overs done in Swtor and it's a great thing i think and love it,but not enough content after 1 year to start bringing these foolish +xp flow rewards and double xp weekend's. Also even if would have that double weekends shouldn't be given even if expansion would be almost knocking on the door.

Wiuh..been a subber for a loong time and been adventuring with a relaxed pace as love to do as it's a Mmo and not meant to be finished in a blink of an eye and y even i was on a break i didn't cancel the sub cause there was no need for it and loved to support the SW Mmo. Atm. it is silly though that Subbers get 500 coins monthly and amount should be around 650 and that Cartel Market Reputation panel shouldn't be with other Reputations in Legacy tab,but it should be integrated into Cartel Market. Cause it's a achieved with real cash and it's a disgrace for the SW to be placed with other Factions.

Wishing a nice week for all SW Universe fans :)

- Terry -

Edited by Dragen
Clarifying things & removing typo's

well i played through both class and planet quests and went from mid lvl 38 to mid 44, (BH Merc)but for me it is bitter sweet, once i get to 50,I will be out of things to do that I LIKE, dont really care for PVP and ops sounds like a lot of grind, redoing a char class is boring to me. these are just my own options, some people like doing the same stuf f over and over slightly different. but all in all a fun weekend

Took this opportunity to power level my Bounty Hunter from 23 where he had been languishing for a few months to 39 within 3 days (decided to start early on Thursday and was sick most of Sunday).

Will be leveling my Sentinel next from at least 23-40 and my Hunter the rest of the way to 50 this week.

Thanks BW for the XP weekends!!

As someone who decided to resub yesterday, I'm very disappointed that I'm literally outleveling everything. I haven't seen a yellow quest in over 10 levels. In the future add a way to opt out. I can understand vets wanting this but as someone who's returning and wanting to actually experience the content you all worked so hard on... please offer this as an option. Thank you.

Ding... another 50. Love this double xp weekend. I now have seen all the stories and it has been an awesome ride. A little tip for those that want to maintain a decent level of difficulty. Don't grind gear. Use greens and whatever you find, and stay under leveled gear wise. You will find that you will make a mint in comms and creds. And... skip the bonus series unless you absolutely need to see the content.

This last toon, I ran only class quests and flahpoints and it was a blast!

As someone who decided to resub yesterday, I'm very disappointed that I'm literally outleveling everything. I haven't seen a yellow quest in over 10 levels. In the future add a way to opt out. I can understand vets wanting this but as someone who's returning and wanting to actually experience the content you all worked so hard on... please offer this as an option. Thank you.

In fact, I am deliberately not leveling my main character too much, and focus on getting some classes I want to try out in the future to lvl 10ish.

Still, I believe it is a very well-received event.