Netflix getting entire TCW series PLUS The Lost Missions on March 4!

DarthDymond

Yippee! Hopefully we get some closure to Ashoka leaving the Jedi order and also to my all time fav trooper Rex. Just can't picture him following anankin with the rest of the 501st when they raid them temple in rots. So hope we find out something about his future.

Couple questions:

1) Will this include the pilot film, or just the TV episodes?

2) I never followed this show (save a couple early episodes) because I had heard that the show sucked, though given its huge fanbase now it must've gotten better. Just wondering, around what point does the show start to get better? Just so that I have some beacon to look to while I'm braving the first couple seasons.

Edited by Sanguiluna

Couple questions:

2) I never followed this show (save a couple early episodes) because I had heard that the show sucked, though given its huge fanbase now it must've gotten better. Just wondering, around what point does the show start to get better? Just so that I have some beacon to look to while I'm braving the first couple seasons.

1. Just episodes I think.

2. You are likely listening to the loud minority, the show is awesome. Some episodes have a smattering of cheese - mainly in Season 1 - but altogether they are pretty great. So start from Season 1 and enjoy. That said the show really becomes excellent I around Season 4, reaching its peak around Season 5.

But all in all its a steady incline of improvement.

Also it might be worth taking a look at this. Its all the episodes in chronological order, for some reason George Lucas liked to mix it up a bit until the final seasons. It might work for you but I'd suggest watching it this way.

Now go have fun!

YES i can finally go and watch the series i missed and originally boy cotted let me see if it has good enough moments that the moments that piss me off are worth it.

So many things wrong with that post.

I may get Netflix for a month just to binge on TCW, catch up on what I missed!

YES i can finally go and watch the series i missed and originally boy cotted let me see if it has good enough moments that the moments that piss me off are worth it.

Oh, there are, believe me. Because I did the same thing, wrote it off/boycotted for various reasons, but ended up watching all 5 seasons over a week or so. There are a few episodes that just straight up suck, but it's pretty good overall; especially the later seasons.

I wish so bad TCW Anakin would replace Movie Anakin somehow.

I never followed this show (save a couple early episodes) because I had heard that the show sucked, though given its huge fanbase now it must've gotten better. Just wondering, around what point does the show start to get better? Just so that I have some beacon to look to while I'm braving the first couple seasons.

The first season felt very childish and left me disappointed (especially if you compare it to the old CW cartoon). I went back to watch when someone told me that Mandalorians would be involved. Again it insulted me and made me laugh at how bad it was. In fact I still make fun of hippie mandos and refuse to accept them as cannon, so much so I was completely elated when---- well you'll have to find out yourself.

That said, the later Ahsoka arc and a lot of Ventress's stuff was pretty good and while I disapprove of the return of maul, it was done rather well. As Beni said, season 4-5 are the better ones, the early stuff wasn't fantastic to me.

The first season felt very childish and left me disappointed (especially if you compare it to the old CW cartoon). I went back to watch when someone told me that Mandalorians would be involved. Again it insulted me and made me laugh at how bad it was. In fact I still make fun of hippie mandos and refuse to accept them as cannon, so much so I was completely elated when---- well you'll have to find out yourself.
Your heresies have been noted. Edited by Beniboybling

That said, the later Ahsoka arc and a lot of Ventress's stuff was pretty good and while I disapprove of the return of maul, it was done rather well. As Beni said, season 4-5 are the better ones, the early stuff wasn't fantastic to me.

I think this post cost you the Kaggath...

For those that don't know, you can get a free month trial to Netflix.

I've been a huge TCW fan since the film. I'm very happy that we'll get to see the bonus episodes.

If you're new to the series I think you should approach it with an open mind.

Don't dislike Ahsoka for acting like a young teenager, after all, that's what she is.

As the series progresses certain characters will transform.

Don't bail out on the series just because a couple of episodes are not your kind of Star Wars.

Some events or plot lines might seem boring but you'll understand their importance in later episodes.

The series will have occasional episodes made solely to appeal to the younger audience.

Don't expect the music soundtrack to be like the movies. They went with a different approach. But the music does get more cinematic later in the series.

The animation improves every season.

I think this series makes the films so much better.

Couple questions:

The show is great.

There are some eu changes which people don't like but all eu stuff was going to change.

Hours and hours of starwars storylines....awesomeness

Anakin is awesome in clone wars, they way he should be.

Ventress ad Ahsoka go through some major character development and I really love how both those chracters change

If you love starwars don't miss clone wars or the news rebels because it's the new canon

Really the cartoon was just a carton network over the top cartoon, it was pretty childish.

There are episodes aimed a kids in clone wars but there is also an entire war on mandalore which was epic, which regulates your hippy mandos (I didn't like them either), don't worry you get warrior mandos.

There are much more starwars like episodes in clone wars.

Just got get in there and watch them.

Edited by kirorx