HM Soa lightning balls?

First of all, I'm not complaining about this boss, only looking for advice on how to deal with certain mechanics.

Our core group hasn't been to EV since the patch but atm our other group, trying to gear peoplefor 16mans, are having trobules dealing with lightning on P2.

Do these balls of lightning do more damage based on how long they are up or less damage. With the changes can we have 1 person absorbing them?

Balls are not tauntable anymore.

Since you get a screen emote when the balls pop, it is very easy to shield that person and have them go and just pop their balls.

Quick and painless, no need to waste dps dodging the balls.

Edited by Iwipe

First of all, I'm not complaining about this boss, only looking for advice on how to deal with certain mechanics.

Our core group hasn't been to EV since the patch but atm our other group, trying to gear peoplefor 16mans, are having trobules dealing with lightning on P2.

Do these balls of lightning do more damage based on how long they are up or less damage. With the changes can we have 1 person absorbing them?

I complain about his buggyness :/

The balls do an AOE zap damage within 10m (I believe) and explode on contact. It doesn't matter how long they are up, but if they move through people who they don't belong to they can zap them 2 or 3 times. On Nightmare that means you're dead.

I've got a vid and write up on my blog for Soa showing how we manage him. http://swttor.blogspot.com/2012/01/swtor-pve-eternity-vault-soa.html

Edited by Malissant