Addons and Mods

samht

Does anyone know if when or at all Swtor will allow user mods and add-ons. I really think that the game wil benefit from user add-ons and mods. Healing will be easier; DPS meters are useful in raids and hardmode flash points.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not any time soon.

And probably not at all.

Mods/addons are not necessary and only unbalance the game. I'm sure there will be some mods and addons.

If you want healing to be easier, give ideas to BW.

There is a lot that needs to be done to that game that mods could do, but adding mods undermine these efforts by lessening the demand for them.

Not any time soon.

And probably not at all.

Mods/addons are not necessary and only unbalance the game. I'm sure there will be some mods and addons.

There is a lot that needs to be done to that game that mods could do, but adding mods undermine these efforts by lessening the demand for them.

LOL... Wut? Are you LOTRO player?

Add ons will decrease developers work load and everyone could benefit from improvements.

How does a mod addressing the issue and correcting it "lessen the demand" for it to be corrected? That's like saying that putting fuel in a vehicle makes the car need fuel.

Edited by Ronamo

None for me thanks. Addons and Mods just get in the way and with every content patch it seems like things are continuously breaking and it gets so bad to the point where people depend on them that when things break they won't play.

To many addons and mods creating even more turmoil on the screen detract from the graphic beauty of the game.

Not to mention all of the viruses/spyware/malware these addon/mod sites get infected with, who needs that crap.

Addons = Faceroll

No addons please.

How does having an easier-to-read display equate to facerolling? How does an easier-to-sort inventory equate to facerolling? What would make actually providing useful information to the player instead of obscuring it have to do with facerolling? What would an interface freed from all the neon-blue lines and randomly moving dialogue windows faceroll?

Customization and information are not automation. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Not any time soon.

And probably not at all.

Mods seldom unbalance a game. The modding community can only do as much as the game would allow them to do. They can be anything from a simple dance macro to complete UI overhauls.

None for me thanks. Addons and Mods just get in the way and with every content patch it seems like things are continuously breaking and it gets so bad to the point where people depend on them that when things break they won't play.

To many addons and mods creating even more turmoil on the screen detract from the graphic beauty of the game.

Not to mention all of the viruses/spyware/malware these addon/mod sites get infected with, who needs that crap.

Drop your "dog on haystack" mentality, you can always switch them off, if it is "too game breaking" for you. If you don't want, does not mean that others wouldn't have them too.

I don't drink coffee and I demand that everyone in the world stops drinking coffee.

You are ridiculous.

1) Nobody could force you to use them. That you do not want them is not a valid reason for excluding them.

2) Not everybody finds neon blue with lots of sharp edges to be beautiful. In fact, some people feel it detracts from the beauty of the game's environment.

3) Security keys are free or cheap. There are better, more secure browsers than Internet Explorer. The possibility for an incident is not a deterrent. Unless you're the type that likes to leave their car in the garage because they heard about this one guy who got in a wreck this one time.

Having clean and small quickbars, customized for myself.

Having Unit frames without pictures, having them around my character so I know all the time how much % hp and force I have.

Having a buff and debuff bar somewhere so I better see what is proccing and what debufs I'm having.

We can dream for a better tomorrow...

Addons ruined WoW. They made the game too easy. But of course, you're an MMO player and you want everything handed to you on a silver platter.

Have you been raiding in WoW? Was it too easy even with addons?

One thing is certain, no addons ruined LOTRO and when devs started thinking about allowing development was already too late.

I expressed an opinion and did not attack anyone or stoop to low brow name calling.

And yes they do detract from the game when we have to find someone new in a flashpoint because someone's addons aren't working and they can't play. It detracts from the game when we have to wait because someone is trying to get an addon to work in order for them to continue. So even if I don't have them, they can still negatively impact gameplay by having to wait for someone to get it working.

Not to mention the meter maids...............

Addons ruined WoW. They made the game too easy. But of course, you're an MMO player and you want everything handed to you on a silver platter.

That's the typical ignorance we get on this subject right now, no offence.

Just because WoW allowed a wide variety of addons doesn't mean that all addons are bad.

Bioware can limit the variety if they want to, and they sure should as well. Automation should be limited to an absolute minimum, if not inexistent.

I'm not supporting any addons. I remember in previous MMOs how they totally unbalanced the combat, because there were people who didn't even know about any enhancements, especially if they were sold in some dark places on the web. That's just very unfair.

It's always better if everyone has even chances.

Does anyone know if when or at all Swtor will allow user mods and add-ons. I really think that the game wil benefit from user add-ons and mods. Healing will be easier; DPS meters are useful in raids and hardmode flash points.

Keep DPS meters out of this game please.

Same with the Gearscore crap.

Someone with great gear can suck at his job in the FP.

Someone with lesser gear can be great at his job in the FP.

Just give us a UI size slider, and make all the windows dragable.

Edited by VonZimmerman

I'm not supporting any addons. I remember in previous MMOs how they totally unbalanced the combat, because there were people who didn't even know about any enhancements, especially if they were sold in some dark places on the web. That's just very unfair.

It's always better if everyone has even chances.

I'll give an example how addons could actually help that:

Someone can't see very good and needs to have bigger buttons, or bigger unit frames hp bars, or better raid frames.

Doesn't he deserve equal chances?

I expressed an opinion and did not attack anyone or stoop to low brow name calling.

And yes they do detract from the game when we have to find someone new in a flashpoint because someone's addons aren't working and they can't play. It detracts from the game when we have to wait because someone is trying to get an addon to work in order for them to continue. So even if I don't have them, they can still negatively impact gameplay by having to wait for someone to get it working.

Not to mention the meter maids...............

Yes you did. You insulted peoples who would like have more informative UI. If you don't like addons, fine buy me. But please do not start preaching that addons are evil.

I'll give an example how addons could actually help that:

Someone can't see very good and needs to have bigger buttons, or bigger unit frames hp bars, or better raid frames.

Doesn't he deserve equal chances?

Good example, but I'm thinking more about the addons that link commands or signal when the CDs are over. These definitely WOULDN'T be fair in a PvP combat.

Unless someone wise would filter the mods, then why not, but other than this I'm totally against.

Edited by aeterne