Why are people complaining about prices?

The_Eyesight

Look, you can make like 500k credits a day off of doing dailies (including Corellia). I don't see how 500,000 is an "outrageous amount". You have had five months to save up for 1.2 and off of 500k a day you could of probably done one daily a day and still made like 10 million by now.

Please stop.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, you can make like 500k credits a day off of doing dailies (including Corellia). I don't see how 500,000 is an "outrageous amount". You have had five months to save up for 1.2 and off of 500k a day you could of probably done one daily a day and still made like 10 million by now.

Please stop.

Im sorry that some of us don't find doing the same boring quests over every day. I'm also sorry that some of us only get to play a few hours a day and would rather spend that time farming BM tokens through warzones. So I guess what I'm saying is its obviously you are so much greater in life then those of us who didn't farm boring pve dailies.

Please stop.

Cool story bro.

Yes, Please stop.

Not everyone is a slave to the daily missions. Some are more casual in game play. While I PLAY every day, I have a job in real life & thus do not work in my mmos anymore. Been there, done that. Just understand & accept that not everyone is neck deep in credits.

I believe it was stated that when legacies were being discussed that you could EITHER purchase the legacies with credits OR earn them in game via leveling up your legacy.

Apparently this is no longer the case.

I agree with OP. Serious money can be made fairly easily in this game, even if one only plays 20 hours a week. The trick to saving quickly is to avoid anything that can incur major repair bills. I set aside "flash money" for wipe night repairs and minimize my advanced crafting missions until the bankroll has grown, then spend on what I want/need and catch my crafting up. Rinse & repeat.

Training & repairs are the biggest hurts I think. Can't avoid the training except to train exclusively for your advanced class abilities. But the repairs can be minimized somewhat by avoiding quests, heroics & flashpoints that are yellow or higher.

Edited by GalacticKegger

I believe it was stated that when legacies were being discussed that you could EITHER purchase the legacies with credits OR earn them in game via leveling up your legacy.

No it was stated from the beginning that some unlock are legacy alone ( and are ) and some were credit unlocks after a particular legacy was achieved, that isn’t the issue.

The issue is that some of us are small PVE guilds, with several fairly low level characters ( casual players ) and many crafters, and we were looking forward to the guild bank feature… and realize that for a while it will be out of reach for us

Please stop.

I agree. People were complaining that credits were useless and that everything in the game was just "given" to you and now they're complaining because they need credits and because they'll actually have to work and dedicate some time to obtain some perks......

I agree with OP. Serious money can be made fairly easily in this game, even if one only plays 20 hours a week. The trick to saving quickly is to avoid anything that can incur major repair bills. I set aside "flash money" for wipe night repairs and minimize my advanced crafting missions until the bankroll has grown, then spend on what I want/need and catch my crafting up. Rinse & repeat.

I'm lucky if I get 20 hours a month!

you are right they said Either credits or Legacy levels if you put in the time to grind out high levels. they clearly reneged on their word by posting new comments the contradict what they said.

Edited by Snakeyees

I agree. SOME People were complaining that credits were useless and that everything in the game was just "given" to you and now OTHER PEOPLE complaining because they need credits and because they'll actually have to work and dedicate some time to obtain some perks......

Fixed that for ya.

;)

I blame this day and age of media. People see a funny video on youtube, they crack up laughing, later on they see the same video and are like, 'meh, seen this already, want something new'. I'm different, in that I do a daily quest a plethora of times, and I still enjoy doing it as I did the first day. So to me this game is fun and I feel i have not had to 'work' for anything. So yes you can do dailies to get credits, but if you don't find playing the game fun, then perhaps this is not the game for you.

Please stop.

I'm thinking because they are finding less and less to complain about as things get fixed. ;p

The fact is that some people will never be satisfied. They will buy a product that they know will not do what they want out of it, then complain that it does not do it. LOL I've seen it in business for years. Games are no different.

This patch was an awesome addition to the game. More to do as time goes on, but that is the nature of the genre. I'd say well done.

Ouch babe. Not much time to make anything without winning a lottery. :(

I'm not in a big uproar about it, but I just wonder why mail, GTN and some other stuff are not standard in your ship. Why must it cost money? These are not great rewards that you should have to earn. They are basic quality of life things that would take me sooo long to earn. :(

Same thing in every MMO I've played, whiners on the forums complaining that they can't get access to all the games content through casual play..the result, devs listen and the hardcore players end up with nothing to do.

Accept that you can't have everything, just like in real life, some things take effort..and if you aren't willing or able to put in the time, you wont get them. I can live with that, in fact I appreciate it, it means there's always something to aim for...even if it takes longer for me.

What you're asking for will eventually kill the game, I've seen it happen before.

Why are people complaining about prices?

Because they assumed everything would be free and so they all spent millions on soon to be obselete speeders and crystals. Me and my $15 million credits are laughing at all of you all the way to the legacy bank. Muw-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! :D

I'm not in a big uproar about it, but I just wonder why mail, GTN and some other stuff are not standard in your ship.

I can already see the QQ coming when people get the legacy ship upgrades and start hanging at their ship instead of the fleet. "OMG there's no one on the fleet, the servers are dying!"

I blame this day and age of media. People see a funny video on youtube, they crack up laughing, later on they see the same video and are like, 'meh, seen this already, want something new'. I'm different, in that I do a daily quest a plethora of times, and I still enjoy doing it as I did the first day. So to me this game is fun and I feel i have not had to 'work' for anything. So yes you can do dailies to get credits, but if you don't find playing the game fun, then perhaps this is not the game for you.

True that. We live in a world of short attention spans, and yes, thanks to the constant bombardment of media imagery, the expectation of "new and improved", rather then being happy with the current situation or item. Some understand that this is marketing conditioning, that corporations are training people to expect new and better on a regular basis so that they can continue shoveling "new and improved" at us, at a higher cost of course.

That conditioning spills over even into video games.

Please stop.

Except...they wanted everyone to spend all their millions BEFORE 1.2, on crystals and speeders that would never be attainable again.

I'm not in a big uproar about it, but I just wonder why mail, GTN and some other stuff are not standard in your ship. Why must it cost money? These are not great rewards that you should have to earn. They are basic quality of life things that would take me sooo long to earn. :(

If they put everything in your ship, the fleet and universe would be empty and people would be complaining that the game seems empty and that you are locked into your ship for all things. It does not make sense at all to do that.

Beyond that, you're not the only person in the world. For every complaint or want that you have, there may be 10 that do not want it. There may be thousands. As a result, they formulate a game based on common desire, to meet the needs of the largest demographic. To adjust the entirety of a game based on your personal desires would not be possible. Therefor, they seek to accommodate as many players as possible.

Except...they wanted everyone to spend all their millions BEFORE 1.2, on crystals and speeders that would never be attainable again.

No, you wanted those things so you spent your money on them. They made me do nothing of the sort. That is the choice we all make. It has nothing to do with them. I believe that the legal term is "buyers remorse".