Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Cathar shouldn't be able to be imperial because they hate the empire.

Assuming you are right and further assuming Bioware has gone this way, which is near impossible, as a new race is a selling point, so their best interest is to make it a choice AT LEAST one class per Faction, you can unlock it via Legacy.

The end result is the same: Cathar will be present Imp side as well.

It is because BioWare is talking about adding more content when the content they have is broken. Space missions are fun in their own way, but they are useless. We want real space combat. Great ANOTHER new warzone when PvPers have been begging for Rated Warzones and Open-world PvP. Why are we doing warzones if they are meaningless? Yay! A new race! Yet many of the traditional races that Star Wars fans have loved for decades are not playable? Instead we get a CAT-har? Comic relief? The new OPs, sure for those who like them. But from what I hear the 3 already there do not work very well. I have yet to Actually finish one. I did finish a HM BT once. Don't care to do any others (why do I need Rakata gear?). Level Cap? Why does the introduction of a new planet mean that the planet's citizens are "naturally" more powerful than those on a previous planet? Can't you think of better incentives than "more powerful gear that makes the gear you have useless"? There are many reasons to complain about the direction BioWare is heading.

If someone referred to me as a gamer like you I'd feel insulted. You want "real space combat"? You do know that's practically coding for a whole new game? That crap takes time. You can't get that overnight. They ARE releasing Rated Warzones so what's your beef? Open World PvP? Why not go out and look for people? What was that? No incentive? Then you REALLY don't want Open World PvP. They decided to have the chars you play be able to speak galactic basic and not some weird alien language that woud be more annoying in the various cutscenes.

I can go on and on but it is clear you do not understand what the majority of the player base want by mentioning not giving them new shinny gear. Perhaps not just SW:TOR but MMOs in general is not for you.

i forgot what quest it was, but as an imperial you had to save the cathar prince who was locked up in balsavis, he was against the republic, and wanted to side with the empire and his people would follow.

You have to have different characters on your legacy to get hk-51 :mad::mad::mad:

Yeah, it was another carrot-stick combo they are using to get folks to roll all toons and do "all" the "content" so you aren't as unhappy. Yeah, worked really well.

I'm not biting on it. Already saw the drama when guild members lost names during this pre-server merge merge. The game hasn't made grinding to cap worth doing yet. Ho hum. Try again.

Yeah, it was another carrot-stick combo they are using to get folks to roll all toons and do "all" the "content" so you aren't as unhappy. Yeah, worked really well.

I'm not biting on it. Already saw the drama when guild members lost names during this pre-server merge merge. The game hasn't made grinding to cap worth doing yet. Ho hum. Try again.

You're funny. People been complaining that there isn't a real reason to roll an alt or they got multiple level 50's and got nothing to do with them. They decided to introduce a cross faction legacy quest and you complain.

Nothing to see here folks just another pointless complaint when BioWare gives players what they've been asking for...

You're funny. People been complaining that there isn't a real reason to roll an alt or they got multiple level 50's and got nothing to do with them. They decided to introduce a cross faction legacy quest and you complain.

Nothing to see here folks just another pointless complaint when BioWare gives players what they've been asking for...

If you want to make generalizations about popularly held views, that is fine, we all can do that. But don't arbitrarily lump somebody into it for making a comment as I did. In this case, you are exactly wrong in what you think I feel.

Since before launch, I have very specifically NOT wanted more crap from bioware, intended to compel me to roll an alt. A lot of people balked at the bioware presumption that everybody should, if not MUST roll every alt in the game. That kind of response to player feedback struck a lot of people as a cop-out. An admission that the only response they had to a lack of content, was to tell people they were playing the game wrong, or tell them they had to keep rolling more alts to do the same bloody thing over again. And no, differences in story and settings didn't do it for a lot of MMORPG types. For my own part, I simply like investing in making my own character unique, in look, feel, and background. That hasn't meshed well with their "fourth pillar" approach, or "alt-o-rama" game design.

I will say that the legacy system seemed like something planned for later, that maybe got forced out quicker due to the unexpected and deep population crash. The timing of its released doesn't seem to fit where the game should be at this point, as bioware appears to have envisioned it. This was something you might do a year or so down the line. But then their content was blown through far faster than expected. So they did what they thought they had to do.

But you also comment that people were asking for reasons to roll alts, and point to the legacy system as a response. I disagree. Some might like it, want it, but I doubt that was what most folks have been calling for. I think it was a marketing spin that positions this as some kind of "reason." Bioware is simply saying "if you want the most leet" toon, you have to roll them all. What the non-PvP/raid types wanted was more general content and something that seemed unique about the alt paths, not just the same hoop jumping with different skinned "stories."

I figure we are a year or so away from the game stabilizing and building up enough content, needed features, etc. Maybe two. These little patches are not enough, though some are proclaiming them cures to all ills. The game has a lot of changes in internal direction and development to go through.

What is really true, that we might both agree with, is that this really all spilled milk at this point. The game is in reset mode. Most of the kvetching is all post-action reports and lobbying for the games future direction.

Tell me what part of achieving HK47 is necessary? NONE!

So you're complaining about something other players were asking for that you don't have to do.

Good Job. ~thumbs up~

Where am I complaining about the HK thing?

Some good news, Best Buy in Ohio and Texas has dropped the in-store retail boxes to $20.

Did you read what you quoted when I first responded to what you said? It was about the HK-47 thing.

Yes, did you ignore my response when I pointed out what I specifically was talking about, or the problem of toss people into general lumps?

I think we are shooting at different targets.

I saw the video when this thread was first started. I just don't see what is so exciting about it. They make it seem like no more class quests, which are the only interesting quests in the game. Since I've seen all but two class ending in closed beta, I have avoided even getting to 50 on any character yet...in the hope they add more. Everything else at 50 is the same old wow grind, which is not pleasant.

I saw the video when this thread was first started. I just don't see what is so exciting about it. They make it seem like no more class quests, which are the only interesting quests in the game. Since I've seen all but two class ending in closed beta, I have avoided even getting to 50 on any character yet...in the hope they add more. Everything else at 50 is the same old wow grind, which is not pleasant.

And ironically a lead editor of the trailers was among those fired.

There wasn't much exciting about it, or 1.2. Folks are just tense, hoping for something, anything, to make the nightmare end. The bottom line is that we are looking at a year or more of post-launch fixing and tweaking. And they have to come up with something to very substantially increase the volume of content. Most of the issues with PvP, combat systems, group finders, social systems, these can be buffed out over time, and folks expect that.

It is the gut reaction to the "Fourth Pillar," space combat, non-endgame content, etc. The lack of more fluff activities and non-class focused content, etc. They got caught unprepared. The really really did seem to think folks somehow wouldn't do what they do to every MMORPG, and blow through content faster than expected, and play the game in ways simply not intended by the designer.

I do think they have some idea of what needs to be done. But to their defense, bioware simply can't fix this quickly. Not as fast any anybody would like. It isn't a quick patch and a few updates. it is a full-on revamp. The level cap and some other projected updates are a start. A good foundation. But they can't end there. And they can't charge for it.

So they have a long way to go, before we even get to a viable point to charge folks for an expansion pack. All while subscriptions are failing.

Nothing new, most of this has been old news for three or more months.

• 2 weeks later...

There wasn't much exciting about it, or 1.2. Folks are just tense, hoping for something, anything, to make the nightmare end. The bottom line is that we are looking at a year or more of post-launch fixing and tweaking. And they have to come up with something to very substantially increase the volume of content. Most of the issues with PvP, combat systems, group finders, social systems, these can be buffed out over time, and folks expect that.

It is the gut reaction to the "Fourth Pillar," space combat, non-endgame content, etc. The lack of more fluff activities and non-class focused content, etc. They got caught unprepared. The really really did seem to think folks somehow wouldn't do what they do to every MMORPG, and blow through content faster than expected, and play the game in ways simply not intended by the designer.

I do think they have some idea of what needs to be done. But to their defense, bioware simply can't fix this quickly. Not as fast any anybody would like. It isn't a quick patch and a few updates. it is a full-on revamp. The level cap and some other projected updates are a start. A good foundation. But they can't end there. And they can't charge for it.

So they have a long way to go, before we even get to a viable point to charge folks for an expansion pack. All while subscriptions are failing.

Looks like you beat me to the punch my friend...:o

I personally don't think there is any real recovery that can be made. We are looking at a year or more (from this point) just to get the game to a place where it can maintain an even subscription level, much less look to draw in more money with paid expansions or cash shop material, or expect an influx in subscriptions. It simply isn't feasible for them to expect us to pay anything more than what we already are for the product that we currently have, the 15$ per month itself is a stretch when other premium titles offer more with less hassle to access.

I don't see this game improving much beyond the state that it is currently in, EA has limited the budget, Bioware Austin has significantly cut back the talent in it's stables, and by all indications, the game is being improved and worked on more slowly than it ever has been. They are simply too far behind and will be playing catch up likely for years to come(they would have been even without the layoffs), never reaching the level that this game's prelaunch potential projected it to reach, it's a shame really, but they completely blew it.

Edited by Celebrus

I personally don't think there is any real recovery that can be made. We are looking at a year or more (from this point) just to get the game to a place where it can maintain an even subscription level, much less look to draw in more money with paid expansions or cash shop material, or expect an influx in subscriptions. It simply isn't feasible for them to expect us to pay anything more than what we already are for the product that we currently have, the 15$ per month itself is a stretch when other premium titles offer more with less hassle to access.

I don't see this game improving much beyond the state that it is currently in, EA has limited the budget, Bioware Austin has significantly cut back the talent in it's stables, and by all indications, the game is being improved and worked on more slowly than it ever has been. They are simply too far behind and will be playing catch up likely for years to come(they would have been even without the layoffs), never reaching the level that this game's prelaunch potential projected it to reach, it's a shame really, but they completely blew it.

We're doomed!

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

Well the content really has slowed. The latest "big" patch had no content. Just "quality of life" addition called LFG tool, which in my experience just does not work. It is a lot quicker to find a group just using general chat, and more fun as you get a variety of group types.

No new race, new armor, new speeders, new world events. All little things that would provide at least some incentive and interest.

I**snip** never reaching the level that this game's prelaunch potential projected it to reach, it's a shame really, but they completely blew it.

Totally agree although with the proper leads and producer they can still do marvels with this game.

Now the question is: does EA knows that?

No new race, new armor, new speeders, new world events. All little things that would provide at least some incentive and interest.

The most depressing is how few is officially planned for the year to come.

• 2 months later...