Faction Populations

kriegheld

I'm basing this strictly from the Gree Event and WZs, but I have found it hard to come across many Pubs. Are there just not as many of them on this server?

I understand that players have been making PvP Events on their own, which of course attracts both factions, but what about when there isn't an unofficial event? Is there anyone to fight in the Open World (not ganking lowbies)?

I mean groups, not 1 or 2 guys running around in the world.

Can someone clarify this?

I'd suggest the population at 50 is around 55 to 45 Imperial.

Quite often during the Ilum event I was outnumbered by Republics in the Northern section of the Gree event. Also, last night initially there was easily 100 Republics troops on Voss, if not a bit more.

If meaningful PvP events occur, the Pubs show up very strong.

I'd suggest the population at 50 is around 55 to 45 Imperial.

Quite often during the Ilum event I was outnumbered by Republics in the Northern section of the Gree event. Also, last night initially there was easily 100 Republics troops on Voss, if not a bit more.

If meaningful PvP events occur, the Pubs show up very strong.

heh idk man I think you're dreaming about it being that close...

70-30 is much more believable :p

heh idk man I think you're dreaming about it being that close...

70-30 is much more believable :p

That's not been my experience, at least from a PvPer perspective. I mean real PvP, not doing warzones ad nauseum. Warzone wise, it's more like 60-40.

When Pubs have a good reason to show up, lately they are. Maybe some are Imperial alts, I dunno.

Edited by islander

That's the way it generally is Reps are committed to the cause since traditionally we are outnumbered. I don't know server population here but when I was still on veela we were outnumbered 5 to 1. But that was because there was a troll guild on Republic side that drove many to rage quit. It made Ilum fun when we had to fight off three imp ops groups thru sneaky tactics.

The Ilum event is not a legit metric to way in on PvP standards. Most of the Repub guilds out on Ilum during this were PvE guilds. The Republic has more RP/PvE guilds than Imperials, and numbers just don't matter in this game since 90% of the PvP takes place via WZ's. There were more Repub players/guilds crying about getting killed via PvP during the event I hopped on my Imp toon several times just to farm them. It's that embarrassing.

The Ilum event is not a legit metric to way in on PvP standards. Most of the Repub guilds out on Ilum during this were PvE guilds. The Republic has more RP/PvE guilds than Imperials, and numbers just don't matter in this game since 90% of the PvP takes place via WZ's. There were more Repub players/guilds crying about getting killed via PvP during the event I hopped on my Imp toon several times just to farm them. It's that embarrassing.

Fair point, you'd certainly know.

I was just amazed at how often I was outnumbered in areas during the event. Was amazed I wasn't attacked more, lends credence to your statement ^^^

I guess "Master Skywalker" didn't authorize un-necessary engagement of the enemy :eek:

I've not really seen many Imps on the planets I've been on recently (Hoth and Belsavis). But I like the fact that just because they're Imps doesn't mean they gotta be bad all the time. The other day I'm on Belsavis and I pass a couple Imps along the roadway, and I swear they need to make this, we practically did the two-fingered biker wave as we sped by eachother. They could've killed me, but they didn't and I just laughed. I've learned from Alderaan not to kill a lone Imp while he's questing. A group and I were in Castle Panteer and saw some Imp a lvl or two below our lvl's and beat the snot out of him (I aid and abeded by healing). He comes back 5 minutes later with 3 lvl 50's NOT in a group so they simply sent their companions on us. Then proceeded to sit on our dead faces. We laughed though.

I've not really seen many Imps on the planets I've been on recently (Hoth and Belsavis). But I like the fact that just because they're Imps doesn't mean they gotta be bad all the time. The other day I'm on Belsavis and I pass a couple Imps along the roadway, and I swear they need to make this, we practically did the two-fingered biker wave as we sped by eachother. They could've killed me, but they didn't and I just laughed. I've learned from Alderaan not to kill a lone Imp while he's questing. A group and I were in Castle Panteer and saw some Imp a lvl or two below our lvl's and beat the snot out of him (I aid and abeded by healing). He comes back 5 minutes later with 3 lvl 50's NOT in a group so they simply sent their companions on us. Then proceeded to sit on our dead faces. We laughed though.

Let me be the first to say measuring populations by lowbie planet gank squads might be a bad metric. Overall population would be a more difficult thing to grasp, during the Gree event for instance I saw more than a few imperial guilds that I've never seen before. Now this could be outright ignorance and I did see them and they were merely forgettable, if so that's on me. The carebear nature of the event is something to be discussed in another topic perhaps, though nothing is funnier than seeing people I ganked spit on me in the daily areas or the republic fleet.

I wouldn't really worry about the total population count and comparison as both sides have plenty of people to do the things one does when they aren't queuing for warzones or logging off. (I advise any seeking extra curricular activity beyond this to talk to Pistols). So now you really need a population understanding for 2 things, world pvp to know who can bring the most bats to the brawl or warzone queues. The first one its a wash I think, on the second I can only say I get more empire vs empire warzones than I do republic vs republic.