Battle for the Bridge: Hoth World PvP Event (Hosted by <Esoteric Order).

SawneyRath

<Esoteric Order> is happy to announce its first Server-Wide PvP event! We invite ALL Guilds and Players to join us on Hoth on the 5th of November to battle over a Ridge near the Starship grave yard! <Esoteric Order> will be there to cause havoc for the Republic, and we hope that our Imperial brothers and sisters will join us! We also hope that the Republic will come out in force and try to stop us!

Event: Hoth World PvP

Type: Out Of Character (OOC), RPvP(For those who wish to do so.)

Date: November 5th 2012

Time: 8PM EST

The Starship Graveyard

This location is a small hill near a Millenium Falcon looking wreck sticking out of the snow west of the Vehement Sword Wreckage, roughly equal distance from Outpost Zerek (Republic) and Frostwake Outpost (Imperial).

The Respawn points are roughly 1 minute 30 seconds to the Ridge location.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Vogue_x/Screenshot_2012-11-02_22_21_07_927880.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Vogue_x/Screenshot_2012-11-02_22_17_18_116736-1.jpg

Coordinates: X 1692, Y -19

Imperial Objectives: Imperials will be holding the Ridge. They will stop the Republic Advance at all costs.

Republic Objectives: The Republic will try to "wipe" the group/ops off the Ridge and hold it. Basically it is King of the Hill style.

Death Rules: When you die, you will either wait for a Battle Rez, Wait for the battle to end (Your side wins, you rez there) your side loses:, Rez at the Medical Station. If you Rez at the Medical Station you need to wait for the MAJORITY of your Ops group to rez there and group up with them for another push. I'll leave it to Guilds to police their own, I certainly will be ensuring Imperials adhere to the rules.

NO COMPANIONS PLEASE. Again, these are loose rules, I expect each guild to police its own.

Event will last until the last two PvPers get bored and leave. There really won't be any real "winner" this is all about fun and having some good old fashioned world PvP.

Edited by SawneyRath
Revised location.

The Remnants of Hope will be there to assist our fellow Republic comrades in an effort to take back the Crescent Canyon Bridge from the ruthless Imperials.

May the force be with us all. For the Republic!!

OOC: I am sure I speak for everyone within the Remnants of Hope when I say we are happy to see Esoteric Order take initiative in planning this Open World PVP Event! We have been waiting for another one of these to start for sometime now. We were present way back when TOR-Talk hosted the first ever organized Open World PVP event here on Jung-Ma which involved killing selected VIP targets, which resulted in a huge success (Depending on who you ask). Again, many thanks, and we look forward to participating in this event, and hopefully more to come!

Jung-Ma FTW!

Our Alpha Company boys will be planet side and helping organize the Republic war effort. We will also be contacting you for further details. If there is anything Alpha Company can do to help with the event in anyway, contact Ben'airu, Ricky, or Savene.

Thanks!

Ben'airu

Kalai stared at the order on her datapad, laughing softly at the irony of how nameless features of frozen wastelands tended to become the choke-points that would determine the course of galaxy in years to come.

10 Standard days....

She headed to her ship, thinking of the poor Exchange personnel imprisoned there that that would serve to refine her healing abilities before her first real battle. Medicine has always advanced more quickly with the proper test subjects...

She smiled at the thought, entering the ship with a vow that her preparation would be complete by the date provided:

"For the Empire!"

Well shoot I guess I'll have to spend a day scouting again.

I'll be honest, I agree with you we (Republic) had a significant advantage at the location you announced.

Yeah as much as I'd LOVE to fight on the bridge, the poor Imperials would be gimped by a 5 minute run back to the battleground...

::Broadcasting Transmission::

Scrambler: Enabled

Tracer: Disabled

The Sky Warden members have answered the calls for help on Hoth. We members will protect planets and trade lanes in danger from the Empire and Sith influence. We shall emerge when the time is right and meet this threat.

Aerencor, Founding Warden and Lorekeeper

:: Transmission Ends::

Due to unforeseen conditions (*Cough* Sandy *cough*) our fearless leader has been without power for a few days. Updates will come after we are able to communicate with the leader. He has asked us to inform you guys that he cannot do anything for the event do to power outages. We will still have the event! Some of the members will be scouting new locations in the next couple days.

Sincere apologies.

Edited by Amealia
new information

And que electricity!

So, as was already said: I was without power for 4 days due to the Hurricane, but now I am good!

The Objective is most likely going to remain King of the Hill style, however the location is going to change to something more equal in terms of spawn points.

As stated, we will be scouting out the perfect location. Keep up with the thread to see when I've found it (And for Coords) :D. I look forward to seeing you all there!