For your own good.

Bothelo

I for one am over the moon about the staggered access. No, I don't have access yet (I pre ordered on the 1st of November). But I am glad about this. No matter when I get in, whether it be 1st wave or last.

The last thing anyone wants is a massively overpopulated starting zone. I played all the WoW expansions on the 1st day they were available. Not only were there queues, the whole area was basically unplayable.

One reason being too many people, players with lower specced computers could not process the info and have lag. Secondly, any quests that required 'kill x amount of mobs' or 'Gather y amount of drops' are basically unplayable because everyone is doing the same quests.

This way, by the time one wave gets access to the game, the previous wave will have cleared most of the content on the starting zones.

Besides, you weren't expecting to play til the 15th at the earliest. So just relax.

I for one am over the moon about the staggered access. No, I don't have access yet (I pre ordered on the 1st of November). But I am glad about this. No matter when I get in, whether it be 1st wave or last.

The last thing anyone wants is a massively overpopulated starting zone. I played all the WoW expansions on the 1st day they were available. Not only were there queues, the whole area was basically unplayable.

One reason being too many people, players with lower specced computers could not process the info and have lag. Secondly, any quests that required 'kill x amount of mobs' or 'Gather y amount of drops' are basically unplayable because everyone is doing the same quests.

This way, by the time one wave gets access to the game, the previous wave will have cleared most of the content on the starting zones.

Besides, you weren't expecting to play til the 15th at the earliest. So just relax.

Absolutely THIS.

During the stress test Beta I was having trouble getting some of my quests completed and I didn't even start until Saturday.

Not to mention the fact that we are getting access 2 days earlier than we expected when pre-ordering. I think BioWare has done a fantastic job of both communicating with its customers, and of planning the launch.

Bravo BioWare.

Hundreds, if you look once you're in game. It will say like Hutta 223 or Hutta 355

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't that represent the amount of people that in the chat room, and by association, the instance you are in?

Also, I agree on this point 100%

I hate questing bottlenecks and i'll admit i am glaring at my guilds forums as most are in there now, but hey, i'll live, i'm sure.

Only have today off this week anyways so my EA Will be mostly evening work bar the weekend, which i don't really mind about. I'm a slow gamer so i'm expecting lvl 20 by launch ;)

Roll on EA!!

They can only make so many instances per server. The servers themselves have hardware limits too, so it's not that simple.

Well thats why there are server pop caps too. Everywhere will probably feel busy early on, staggered or not, just because there will be a lot of folks in the game. A few days wont really change that feeling, it will take weeks/months.

I just dont think the staggering has squat to do with people feeling crowded in zones. Its about making sure things stay stable. My 2c anyway!