Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

More than 30 mounts bug.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kazaganthis's Avatar


Kazaganthis
04.12.2012 , 01:48 AM | #11
Let me get this straight...you bought the pvp mount and found out about the bug the hard way. Ok that sucks but they sent you the mount and told you not to use it till its fixed etc. BUT THEN you win the Dessler off Soa and you USE it knowing what will happen because of said bug? Thats your own damn fault and you dont deserve the mount back. It would be ncie if BW didnt have to waste their time with stupid tickets and crap like this item restoration and just worry about the game.

ChairForceOne's Avatar


ChairForceOne
04.12.2012 , 01:51 AM | #12
You need to consider that they operate on a priority.


fixing a mount bug that causes you to lose mounts past 30 after learning them really isn't a big problem for the community as a whole. It may be to you, but for the large majority of us, while we may not be totally happy about it, we can live with it for now. Especially considering you can just hold onto them until the bug is resolved.


That being said, im sure this will become a higher priority once they get some of the kinks pounded out to get the overall game play smoother and more balanced. They already have a lot on their plate and hopefully you'll be understanding that minor updates like this need to be put on the back burner for now for the sake of allowing content that more people utilize to be optimized.


Also, on a side note, why did you learn additional mounts AFTER you were told about the bug? I think it's a a pretty safe prediction that you would run into problems if you did.

Korevas's Avatar


Korevas
04.12.2012 , 01:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiregean View Post
Actually this is not Bioware's bug team to blame here as I explained shortly after the game was release, the ones to blame here are everyone in the BETA testing phase who DIDN'T report bugs and instead treated the game like free play. Unfortunately this is all too common and because of such it causes massive amounts of bugs to go unnoticed due to testers being overly occupied with crafting builds and learning farming spots instead of scouting out any errors in the coding that might be had.

So in short... Blame the community, not the developers. You can blame a certain publisher as well for pushing the game out early but that's neither here nor there.
Do you seriously expect people to do something as go and collect all mounts (go from light V to dark V, complete the pvp track and finish harmode ops to get it to drop) during a beta? Those kinds of things can not expected to be found within a reasonable time frame. If anything, the developers have to either test for this kind of stuff (giving yourself all mounts should be like 5 minutes on a gm account) or make shortcuts available so the ones wanting to test that.
Those kind of things tend to slip, and if you ever programmed just anything of reasonable size you will probably agree here. I hope to see this fixed some time for you, but as bugs probably all undergo some prioritizing, this one will be of lesser importance compared to all the others (some of which should absolutely not have slipped, but thats another discussion altogether)

Carousel_t's Avatar


Carousel_t
04.12.2012 , 01:59 AM | #14
WOW! Gratz on so many mounts mate! Really impressive collection

And guys, seriously? Some of you are so ignorant to tell BETA TESTERS it's their fault SOMEONE ELSE'S game is full of bugs? I mean FREE testers are a huge help also but it's BW's job to find and fix bugs isn't it? Especially when it was reported already..

Working on a fix.. yea right..


Edit: I totaly agree with the person saying it wasn't possible in the time-frame they gave beta testers to test those kind of things out (try and finish all ops in one weekend). Giving beta testers an opportunity to buy everything available in-game from a vendor (yes, ONE vendor) would show both items bugs and vendors sorting bugs which STILL aren't fixed..

also, a floating cape under vehicles is what? a stylish bonus?

Sagerix's Avatar


Sagerix
04.12.2012 , 02:23 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Korevas View Post
Do you seriously expect people to do something as go and collect all mounts (go from light V to dark V, complete the pvp track and finish harmode ops to get it to drop) during a beta? Those kinds of things can not expected to be found within a reasonable time frame. If anything, the developers have to either test for this kind of stuff (giving yourself all mounts should be like 5 minutes on a gm account) or make shortcuts available so the ones wanting to test that.
Those kind of things tend to slip, and if you ever programmed just anything of reasonable size you will probably agree here. I hope to see this fixed some time for you, but as bugs probably all undergo some prioritizing, this one will be of lesser importance compared to all the others (some of which should absolutely not have slipped, but thats another discussion altogether)
This.

As somebody who would have loved to have beta tested, I certainly wouldn't have gone crazy wasting (in my opinion) testing time grinding for all the mounts. Some people like to collect, great. I have no issues with that, but the idea that characters who are constantly being wiped should be grinding to test something like this? Here's a crazy thought: Bioware could have had a mount vendor with all mounts for 10 credits in the beta. Because it's the beta and it DOESN'T MATTER if people have all the mounts there. Then the problem would have been found early and fixed by now. However, when you make the mounts hard to earn even in the beta then this stuff will slip through because you're counting on somebody being crazy enough to grind for a bunch of temporary mounts in a finite amount of time and stumbling on your bug.

Rutrict's Avatar


Rutrict
04.12.2012 , 02:28 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazaganthis View Post
Let me get this straight...you bought the pvp mount and found out about the bug the hard way. Ok that sucks but they sent you the mount and told you not to use it till its fixed etc. BUT THEN you win the Dessler off Soa and you USE it knowing what will happen because of said bug? Thats your own damn fault and you dont deserve the mount back. It would be ncie if BW didnt have to waste their time with stupid tickets and crap like this item restoration and just worry about the game.
They told me the bug was with the Prince, NOT any other mounts. The message the CS rep told me was "We have had people report this problem with the Korrealis Prince." Not with OTHER mounts.
[Assassins of Sion] - 50 Sith Juggernaut - Xodric - Lament Configuration
SWtOR: CE Pre-Order

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.

tzagheru's Avatar


tzagheru
04.12.2012 , 02:30 AM | #17
is there something that actually works properly in this game ?
lold

Rutrict's Avatar


Rutrict
04.12.2012 , 02:34 AM | #18
I would say cancelling your subscription works fine... but from the amount of threads about people having problems with that... I can't even say that! The downfall of this game will be the bugs and BioWares lack of concern with fixing them in a timely manner. Instead they release MORE bugged content. Way to go!~
[Assassins of Sion] - 50 Sith Juggernaut - Xodric - Lament Configuration
SWtOR: CE Pre-Order

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.

heptadragon's Avatar


heptadragon
04.12.2012 , 06:10 AM | #19
That is a pretty extreme case that shouldn't be expected to be tested during the general beta (especially with how many times they wiped characters...). That said, it should be fairly easy for BW's internal testers to check - unless they don't have special tools to spawn items in-game. As for how difficult the bug would be to fix, I can't imagine that it would take much time; they have stated before that they prioritize issues that affect the largest number of people first, followed by the easier bugs to fix (I believe, maybe vice versa). I'm pretty confident that this issue doesn't affect a large number of people though. Collectors tend to be a minority in any game, and as you pointed out acquiring certain mounts does require some very difficult work =)

At least there's a workaround and they were able to restore the mount item to you the first time around. Hopefully they'll restore the second one too. I'm sure they'll get it fixed before they add enough mounts to overflow your storage capacity =)

Rutrict's Avatar


Rutrict
04.12.2012 , 06:12 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by heptadragon View Post
That is a pretty extreme case that shouldn't be expected to be tested during the general beta (especially with how many times they wiped characters...). That said, it should be fairly easy for BW's internal testers to check - unless they don't have special tools to spawn items in-game. As for how difficult the bug would be to fix, I can't imagine that it would take much time; they have stated before that they prioritize issues that affect the largest number of people first, followed by the easier bugs to fix (I believe, maybe vice versa). I'm pretty confident that this issue doesn't affect a large number of people though. Collectors tend to be a minority in any game, and as you pointed out acquiring certain mounts does require some very difficult work =)

At least there's a workaround and they were able to restore the mount item to you the first time around. Hopefully they'll restore the second one too. I'm sure they'll get it fixed before they add enough mounts to overflow your storage capacity =)
I can't disagree with anything you've said and quite frankly I agree. It just sucks that I am going to get the 5 new mounts and can't use them. :/
[Assassins of Sion] - 50 Sith Juggernaut - Xodric - Lament Configuration
SWtOR: CE Pre-Order

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.