Trash Respawn Denova HM

We had the trash respawn several times throughout the night in Denova 8 man hard mode. This was after Toth and Zorn were defeated. The first time it occurred was after someone DC'd in the middle of the tank fight. The first pull of the instance spawned and then everything after Toth and Zorn.

The second time this happened was after a group member left and we added a new one. We were moved from the second instance of Denova to the first. Not sure if that what caused it originally.

IS anyone else having or had this issue ?

tl;dr Trash is respawning in Denova either when someone disconnects, is added to group or we are automatically changed into another instance of it.

Yeah it happened to my guild as well its a bug which changes the whole parties instance to another instance... I didn't die when we wiped at the tanks then my guildmates came back into the instance whilst I was at the tank area. I heard them say trash respawned ***?!?!?!? so I decided to just wait at the spot till they rejoined me. I found out later that they were all in Denova Map 2 rather then in the same map I was in so I had to exit and rejoin them. to clear trash again.

• 1 month later...
This happened to my guild tonight on HM. We did notice that there were (1), (2), and (3) following the instance name in the Who list when this happened and that our number hand changed to (2) when we had the reset.

Agreed - this needs attention.

Funny thing is this wasn't an issue on dead servers before the merger. As long as you leave someone active in the instance it should keep you tied to the same one. However, in the long run this is not very acceptable. So any fix regarding this would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'd suggest bumping this thread in the meantime to increase awareness about what needs to be down to circumvent this annoyance.

It happened to us tonight and it ruined our raid. We had to fight the groups between T&Z-Tanks and Tanks-Minefield twice each. Thanks a lot Bioware for the wasted two hours. Edited by LKaras

Happened for us also tonight, wiped before the Colonel Vorgath fight on 8 man Normal.

All trash after Firebrand and Stormcaller respawned.

What is the player cap for instances? We saw 3 instances up with 30,8,10 people in them, not sure why they would all be split up....

• Dev Post
Hello everyone. We just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and are working to ensure a fix for an upcoming patch. Thanks a lot for your patience, and as always, we appreciate you reporting any problems both here and in-game via /bug. :jawa_smile:

Hello everyone. We just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and are working to ensure a fix for an upcoming patch. Thanks a lot for your patience, and as always, we appreciate you reporting any problems both here and in-game via /bug. :jawa_smile:

Thank god because doing multiple trash pulls is just a waste of time.

Happened for us also tonight, wiped before the Colonel Vorgath fight on 8 man Normal.

All trash after Firebrand and Stormcaller respawned.

So does the commendations chest also *respawn* i.e. is it re-lootable? That would be awesome, just loot the chest, then have everyone leave instance, and jump back in hoping for [2] or [3] instance.

So does the commendations chest also *respawn* i.e. is it re-lootable? That would be awesome, just loot the chest, then have everyone leave instance, and jump back in hoping for [2] or [3] instance.

No. It did not. Unfortunately they only managed to break the part that we don't want broken.

as mentionned in the other thread with the same subject, the workaround is that at least one person that does NOT release before someone else enter the zone after the wipe, thus ensuring the same instance id is kept.

As long as someone is still in the instance (dead or alive), you won't be shifted across instances, and you won't get soft reset respawn.

as mentionned in the other thread with the same subject, the workaround is that at least one person that does NOT release before someone else enter the zone after the wipe, thus ensuring the same instance id is kept.

As long as someone is still in the instance (dead or alive), you won't be shifted across instances, and you won't get soft reset respawn.

Doesn't always work. We were in Denova 2 as lots of people were doing it at the same time, but when somebody had to zone back in (after being punted off the cliff at one of the chests) we were the only group still in there. They couldn't shift zones to get to ours, so we had to go to his instance and re-clear trash.

But, they are working on it so not a biggy. Just tiring for the east coast people raiding to a west cost schedule.

Greetings everyone!

The following information is located in Game Update 1.3 patch notes which may be of interest to you regarding this topic:

Flashpoints and Operations

• Non-boss enemies that have already been killed no longer occasionally respawn if the Operation Group is defeated .
  • Flashpoint progress no longer resets in some circumstances when the group is completely defeated.

Thank you!

I hate to say it, but we just ran KP tonight and this happened to us in there.

Wiped on Jarg and Sorno twice because carbonizer probe was invisible (probably in a wall, we adjusted our positioning and then it appeared on the next fight), and on the run back all the trash after Bonethrasher had respawned, so this issue doesn't seem to be completely fixed.