Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Acquisition Changes: Next PTS Patch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Acquisition Changes: Next PTS Patch
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Balameb's Avatar


Balameb
10.07.2019 , 09:22 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Templock View Post
No it's not. Feedback is not subjective. Your thoughts and opinions are not feedback. Saying you don't like this or not like that is not feedback. You don't get to dictate what should or should not be done with feedback.

Feedback is only useful if it's unbiased. You can give math on the RoR of tech frags. What you can't do is give your opinion on the amount of frags. That is for Bioware to decide, not you.
Sorry but no. While opinions and tastes are indeed subjective, it does not mean it is not feedback.
PTS is not here to just test as "this work, this is bugged", BW asked us several times how do we FEEL about different things they are implementing.
We can say if we feel X amount of TF is too much or too little.
Of course good math makes a more compelling argument, it does not mean that apreciations as players (even those without it) are not valid. Most of that is probably more valid than what BW think in the matter.
Of course BW can decide to ignore even the best math and logic that shows how wrong they are, like in crafting.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
10.07.2019 , 10:02 PM | #272
IMO :
Feed back is both factual and subjective. Thus far I have tried to present a bit of both. Usually I will review what others have posted and comment on the "information" that they have provided because they do better at presenting facts that they have discovered while on the PTS.

For now none of this information is completely conclusive. Why … because we are all TESTING … that's why ! IMO .. a part of the process of testing is to provide and SHARE information to help each other. I realize that for some this concept is totally out side of the box. My intent is (or at least should be) to work at specific goals.



edited... until I can think of a more affective means of presenting this …
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
10.07.2019 , 10:14 PM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Templock View Post
No it's not. Feedback is not subjective. Your thoughts and opinions are not feedback. Saying you don't like this or not like that is not feedback. You don't get to dictate what should or should not be done with feedback.

Feedback is only useful if it's unbiased. You can give math on the RoR of tech frags. What you don't do is give your opinion on the amount of frags. What you don't say is "this is not enough frags according to me". That is for Bioware to decide, not you. You can identify a problem you have with the game, but only Bioware can decide if it's relevant. As soon as you say "well I don't like this", your feedback becomes a whine.
All feedback is opinion and those opinions do matter if the majority agree on something being bad. It becomes the developers best interest to change things, but then again BW is pretty good at making things worse and killing this games player base with every major update.

PiiTarr's Avatar


PiiTarr
10.07.2019 , 10:26 PM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by Templock View Post
How easily the armchair devs here (and we all know who they are) are willing to put on ignore anyone who disagrees with them.
Maybe they're simply tired of reading posts that aren't fact-based disagreements and appear to be nothing but poorly disguised trolling?

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
10.07.2019 , 10:28 PM | #275
Guys, we need to stop this arguing, it’s just derailing a feed back thread that Eric will have to scan through and he might miss important stuff.
(Yes, I too was caught in this web).
That’s all I will say on the subject and I will only continue posting on relevant feed back.

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
10.07.2019 , 10:53 PM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Guys, we need to stop this arguing, it’s just derailing a feed back thread that Eric will have to scan through and he might miss important stuff.
(Yes, I too was caught in this web).
That’s all I will say on the subject and I will only continue posting on relevant feed back.
agreed

My apologies to everyone !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Templock's Avatar


Templock
10.07.2019 , 11:07 PM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
Unless BW says "from now on the color coding and rarity of the mats means shi* because we want it to mean shi*", then i have EVERY right to say that the PTS crafting system is wrong. And that is NOT an opinion, is a FACT.
You clearly don't know what an opinion is. An example of an opinion is a subjective disagreement with someone else's subjective choice of color. And you cannot derive a fact from an opinion.

Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
Maybe because you fail to provide specifics for your points of view while also fail to read all the specifics other people have given time and time again about what they experienced in PTS or more likely you choose to ignore it.
Most if not all the people you antagonize have provided a lot of feedback, backed with numbers on several subjects an each one very specific.

Did i just use your argument agains you? Ups.
I don't have to give specifics on game design because I'm not giving feedback on game design. What I am giving feedback on is your feedback, and I have provided specifics on my point of view. In my OPINION, the feedback given by this forum is consistently terrible because it's consistently biased. Given that that is my OPINION, it's not necessarily a FACT. And just like Bioware can decide if your terrible feedback is relevant or not and make decisions based on it, you can decide if my OPINION is relevant or not and decide to make decisions based on it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
All feedback is opinion and those opinions do matter if the majority agree on something being bad. It becomes the developers best interest to change things, but then again BW is pretty good at making things worse and killing this games player base with every major update.
The majority can cry all they want about something they don't like. But unless they can give unbiased, objective feedback to explain why it is indeed an actual problem, it's nothing more than forum whining. Also, you cant make the argument that Bioware should change the game based on player opinion, and then complain when, in your opinion, the game becomes worse.

geofraynils's Avatar


geofraynils
10.12.2019 , 04:28 AM | #278
will we have this list translated for non english people ?
Serveur : Darth malgus - Guilde : Brain Damage - PVE NiM. - Rédacteur pour le site communautaire game-guide.fr