Need ingredients for "Advanced Skill Mod 9"

FitzChevalric

the green/normal version of the schematic will be available to you once you reach a high enough crew skill level

just keep reverse-engineering it till you get a prototype schematic, then reverse engineer prototypes

haven't seen low level purple schematics drop before

I do not need to know where to get the schematics, but what's needed for this mod to make.

It will take whatever basic materials are required for the green, plus X number of of blue metals of the appropriate grade, plus X number of the purple rare metals of the same grade. I don't know exact numbers or grades for that specific recipe as i'm out of game and can't look up the specifics but at Mod 9 we're probably looking at second half grade 2 metals and compounds, and probably grade 1 underworld metals? So that would be like Chanlon, Plasteel, and that T word underworld metal... might need grade 2 underworld metals, in which case you'd be lookin at mullinine and i forget what the purple is called.

Long story short, the easiest way to figure out what to expect for a prototype or artifact schematic is to just look at the grade of metals and compounds for the basic schematic, factor in a couple common underworld metals of the same grade for prototype, and then a couple common and a couple rare underworld metals of the same grade for the artifact. There are times of course, where the basic components go up a grade while the underworld requirements are a grade lower.

Edited by Nythain

So far as I know, Advanced Skill Mod 9s are not craftable. They can only be ripped from gear that has it already.

Here is the recipe for Advanced Skill Mod 8

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/5680/advanced-skill-mod-8

And the one for Advanced Skill Mod 10

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/5679/advanced-skill-mod-10

Craftable armoring recipes update every 2 levels, but craftable mods update every 4 levels. Enhancements (Artifice) update every 4 levels as well, alternating with the mods.

So it would go something like:

Level 21

Skill Armoring 8

Skill Mod 8

Level 22

(nothing)

Level 23

Skill Armoring 9

Enhancement 9

Level 24

(nothing)

Level 25

Skill Armoring 10

Skill Mod 10

The in-between gear (e.g. Skill Mod 9) is obtained from mission rewards, commendation vendors and rare drops.