Regarding 252 and stats and moving it around

Morteficare

Hi i got a few questions you guys maby can help whit.

Can i remove mods and enhansment from new 252 and put it in my old ger? Next question is do the trade up to 258 work as it use to its just the shell who is needed or is it the armoring?

Final question is if any one has started to count out whats needed for BIS ger?

Sorry for my bad english.

Hi i got a few questions you guys maby can help whit.

Can i remove mods and enhansment from new 252 and put it in my old ger? Next question is do the trade up to 258 work as it use to its just the shell who is needed or is it the armoring?

Final question is if any one has started to count out whats needed for BIS ger?

Sorry for my bad english.

yes you can move them, but they are slot bound. like armorings prior to 5.10., mods and enh are now tied to their slot as well. if you got a 252 leg piece, you can only put all 3 mods into another leg piece. we dont know yet if its a bug or "feature" and BW is trolling us to increase the grind, but it is how it is.

same goes for set bonus. 252/258 doesnt combine with 248 set bonus, allthough both have exactlyt the same.

didnt test the trade in yet, but i guess the shell is enough.

for gearing and optimal stats i suggest smartys spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tTZEODvA4-N_wLXlizG654Ii1z9gI88HavBk1WbTsk0/htmlview#

due to the new slots bindings, it will be hard to optimize your gear according to his suggestions, tho.

for gearing and optimal stats i suggest smartys spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tTZEODvA4-N_wLXlizG654Ii1z9gI88HavBk1WbTsk0/htmlview#

due to the new slots bindings, it will be hard to optimize your gear according to his suggestions, tho.

Smarty’s spreadsheet is sub optimal for all but healer stat make ups... I highly suggest not using it and instead using mine.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=949300

Smarty’s spreadsheet is sub optimal for all but healer stat make ups... I highly suggest not using it and instead using mine.

care to explain why?

only difference i see are tank stats, which are arguable anyway, and more crit instead of mastery for DDs.

according to this mathematical study https://de.scribd.com/document/370568213/crit-DR , after 1800 crit you will benefit more from mastery than crit. if this isnt outdated (didnt double check it, but from the first look it seems correct), smartys stats are way closer to the optimum.

but feel free to explain why i´m (or smarty) wrong, always glad to see other opinions.

Edited by mrphstar

but feel free to explain why i´m (or smarty) wrong, always glad to see other opinions.

Regardless, as long as the enhancements (and mods) are bound to an anatomic gear slot, then at 252 level its probably only useful to exchange identically named enhancements. For most dps classes, the token items have at least one extra Initiative enhancement above optimal. So, you would have already replaced the Initiative with a Quick Savant at the 248 level. At 252, the ratio of Acc/Crit/Alac enhancements and augments should be the same as for 248, barring any swaps you choose to make of Crit Augs for Mastery ("Versatile") Augs. Its only at 258 that you can keep the stock enhancements and not have too much wasted Accuracy (> 737) or Alacrity (> 1857).

The earpiece/implants will be fine, as long as they are Quick Savant ones. Relics are fine. You can use Lethal unlettered mods if they are from the same anatomic slot. And, you'll be able to use most of the enhancements, again if they are from the same anatomic slot (so, basically all except the boots enhancement).

If you get a duplicate 252 in a command crate at least you could choose to disintegrate for UC. Otherwise you're just hoping that someday they'll fix the bug.

Regardless, as long as the enhancements (and mods) are bound to an anatomic gear slot, then at 252 level its probably only useful to exchange identically named enhancements. For most dps classes, the token items have at least one extra Initiative enhancement above optimal. So, you would have already replaced the Initiative with a Quick Savant at the 248 level. At 252, the ratio of Acc/Crit/Alac enhancements and augments should be the same as for 248, barring any swaps you choose to make of Crit Augs for Mastery ("Versatile") Augs. Its only at 258 that you can keep the stock enhancements and not have too much wasted Accuracy (> 737) or Alacrity (> 1857).

The earpiece/implants will be fine, as long as they are Quick Savant ones. Relics are fine. You can use Lethal unlettered mods if they are from the same anatomic slot. And, you'll be able to use most of the enhancements, again if they are from the same anatomic slot (so, basically all except the boots enhancement).

If you get a duplicate 252 in a command crate at least you could choose to disintegrate for UC. Otherwise you're just hoping that someday they'll fix the bug.

there is atleast a workaround for the initiative enhancement problem: you could buy boots from a heal spec, there should be a crit enhancement in them instead of accuracy. same goes with needed alacrity enhancements: if you need one more, because you have a crit ear piece i.e., you could buy the chest from a heal spec as well. but either way, you gotta buy duplicate pieces for atleast one slot to get the armoring and enhancements you need.

there is atleast a workaround for the initiative enhancement problem: you could buy boots from a heal spec, there should be a crit enhancement in them instead of accuracy. same goes with needed alacrity enhancements: if you need one more, because you have a crit ear piece i.e., you could buy the chest from a heal spec as well. but either way, you gotta buy duplicate pieces for atleast one slot to get the armoring and enhancements you need.

You are right, I hadn’t thought of that. It’s a lot of wasted MWS that’s for sure.

rofl :D

Oh, I didn't realize you had already said this here.... I basically said the same thing in another thread. Nice one.

It's going to be a hellacious grind for BiS

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

• 4 weeks later...
I asked in a different thread but let me ask here.

Does anyone have optimal stats for PvP Def Guards or Immortal Juggs?

Thanks in advance :).

What is optimal for pvp is going to be highly situational and up to your playstyle. Do you run with a healer? Ranked or regs? Etc