Canceling account couse of heavy QUE

Nightborder

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need a little patience ant the Queue's will be gone fur sure.

Actually they will be gone to such a degree you are gonan wish back to the times you had queue's *cough ghosttown*

Edited by Anelitt

This is the most Epic use of Logic I have seen or total gibberish lol.

This guy has the powers of Sherlock Holmes or Sloth from the Goonies, only time will tell.

Reading some of your responses to my posts on these forums makes me seriously feel like Sherlock Holmes, or maybe even smarter.

Yeah, people will play the game right up until their 30 days expire. It's called "getting your money's worth," and also has to do with a lot of people not making a final decision until they absolutely have to.

i agree with the OP if they are not having fun then quit go do something else, too many people stay in a MMO they hate proclaim on the forums how much they hate it and totally forget that they are paying a company money each money who doesnt care if they hate it as long as they receive moneys.

I am really enjoying the game im on a populated EU server but i purposefully set up alts on a low population server just in case my main server cant be got on for whatever reason.

But really if you dont like something dont continue to pay and dont continue to haunt forums. I remember people on Dark age of camelot Haunting the forums for years after they quit constantly bemoaning a nerf that happened years ago and they just wouldn't move on.

So dont be a ghost move on :)

Some of my guildmates have a conspiracy theory that Bioware is keeping the server caps low to create the illusion of a popular game.

I think that theory is full of baloney.

Another game that EA had their fingers in, "Warhammer Online", basicly did the same

as they are here.

They soft capped the servers so theres no way they will ever be so full of players that they cant handle the load and crash.

Good idea to a point. But it can also be the first nail in the coffin if you do as Warhammer did and have that soft cap way to low.

Reading some of your responses to my posts on these forums makes me seriously feel like Sherlock Holmes, or maybe even smarter.

Yeah, people will play the game right up until their 30 days expire. It's called "getting your money's worth," and also has to do with a lot of people not making a final decision until they absolutely have to.

It might also have to do with the fact that entitled kids get games for Christmas, and or hanaka, however you spell that. And those kids don't have the means to get game time cards... Therefore they enjoy flaming the boards.

/thread

/kids

/problems

Hello,

this is too much....21:25 CET and I am 1016 in queue. No more, this is it I am out!

Thanks! Now if you could just convince 1015 more people to leave with you, I wont have to queue to join your server!

Game is dying.

Oh, yes, obviously it must be. I mean, OVER THE HOLIDAYS there were a lot more people playing, and NOW THAT THE HOLIDAYS ARE OVER, there are fewer people playing at any given time. This can only mean that people are unsubbing. There is no other possible explanation.

/sarcasm

In all seriousness though... people, try to think this through logically. Why did Bioware implement queues? Did you even stop to think about what they're doing and why, or is it just easier to complain and hope someone else explains it to you?

No, don't bother. I know the answer. So, ok, I'll be the guy explaining it this time. ;)

Queues are a disincentive, plain and simple. They're often implemented as a means of load balancing, and that's clearly what happened here. What does this mean?

With no queues, on launch day, everyone might very well end up on a handful of servers. That clearly isn't what Bioware planned for or designed for, and equally clearly, like almost every other MMO ever made, their servers can only sustain a certain number of connections each simultaneously. So in order to make sure that people spread out a bit, Bioware implemented queues, to discourage people from joining the fullest servers.

I fully expect the queues to be gone in a couple of weeks. They will have served their purpose soon; and make no mistake, they DO serve a purpose. Nobody wants to play on a server that's a ghost town, after all, and the game experience is usually best when there's an even population spread.

So, ok, I understand. Nobody wants to wait. I don't want to wait, either, and I'm on a very popular server. I often have 10-15 minute queues when I log in. It's not my preference, but then I'm experienced enough to recognize that the alternative, while initially pleasing, would be far worse. Without queues, servers would be dramatically unbalanced, and that's not good for the long term health of the game.

There you go. Now, you might very well decide that you STILL don't want to wait in queues, and that's perfectly reasonable. I'll wait, knowing that the queues are helping, and expecting that they'll go away soon. If, in a month, we still have queues, I'll get grumpy and complain. But now, I'm patient, because I took the time to understand the situation instead of just whining that I can't have everything I want immediately.

tl;dr Reading is fundamental. I'm not going to summarize it for you. If you don't want to read, why are you on a forum? ;)

Edited by Aloro

So people are going to play a game, right up until their sub expires even though they hate it and or dont like it?

Interesting.

Willfully ignorant.

They may enjoy playing the game, but not enough to continue paying $15 a month for a single player game.

Hello everyone,

We fully understand that game queues, both initially and after disconnections, are an important topic and as a result an official statement has been made in this thread. We ask that everyone continue the discussion there to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in this ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on in the other