[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting for an official update to this. I'm rather shocked it is not completely fixed in the upcoming patch. I didn't think I would see the day when a game got released without an entire graphics setting.

This sums things up pretty well. It feels criminal that all the promotional materials for this game show the game at a quality level that simply doesn't really exist.

i BELIEVE they are working for me, can someone confirm?

http://i42.tinypic.com/15rz68x.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/k2o5rk.jpg

EDIT: thx for replies, hers another one on taris, sorry if im not understanding the issue, i honestly see no difference on aric jorgans chest from his preview screen, though i do notice his pants and belt render on low quality , his chest looks to be high quality ?

http://i44.tinypic.com/ohu7pt.jpg

Edited by LaVolpex

I think you are all setting yourselves up for a big letdown. I think the textures in game are here to stay and they will not be higher resolutuon textures anytime soon. If they exist and are available why aren't they turned on now? Possibly they are bugged, not finished, or were never intended to go into the game to keep as many customers with low end computers playing the game.

The textures you are seeing in cutscenes are just for that, cutscenes. The textures you were seeing in pre-release videos and stills were for marketing promotions.

Now don't get me wrong I love the game and I think it's amazing. I will not be going anywhere myself and plan on playing a long time.

Happy gaming.

Glad they said something. Now I honestly don't care how long it takes to get fixed, i just wanted to make sure they were planning on doing something other than remove them from the game! Glad we got our message out there. Also to all of you who said it was just "lighting"....lol.

I think you are all setting yourselves up for a big letdown. I think the textures in game are here to stay and they will not be higher resolutuon textures anytime soon. If they exist and are available why aren't they turned on now? Possibly they are bugged, not finished, or were never intended to go into the game to keep as many customers with low end computers playing the game.

The textures you are seeing in cutscenes are just for that, cutscenes. The textures you were seeing in pre-release videos and stills were for marketing promotions.

Now don't get me wrong I love the game and I think it's amazing. I will not be going anywhere myself and plan on playing a long time.

Happy gaming.

Wrong thread fanboi

Happy gaming.

Ehh... under what rock have you been living the last decade?

There is something called Texture Quality settings. Low, Medium, High !

If you have a crappy old machine, you simply put it on Low. People with better systems can put it on Medium and people that invested a lot of money in HighEnd system have the choice to put it on High !

This is pretty much the norm! Turbine even went as far as to release a special HighRes texture pack for LOTRO for people to download who want to and have systems that can handle it.

Has been this way since that game released!

Right now only Low and Medium textures are available. The High setting doesn't work! This is either a bug or deliberately removed due to issues (perhaps a memory leak that still needs to be fixed? who knows!).

Fact is that till a sertain point in time during Closed Beta the High resolution textures were available and suddenly, without warning nor explanation, removed!

You can simply check all the official screenshots and old Beta screenshots from testers to see for yourself how much better the characters look with the High Res textures!

You can almost say we are being scammed by Bioware, as we were made believe via official screenshots and videos how good the game can look, with high detailed characters... and now we bought the game, we are NOT ABLE to enjoy it with the same quality as the screenshots and videos!

So we all have the right to get an explanation on this and when High Res textures will be enabled again!!

Edited by Jeronas

Hey all, wanted to let you know we're aware of this issue.

We're tracking down the details with the development team and will give you an update soon - hopefully later today.

Wonderful news. I really hope this will be fixed soon and we'll finally be able to enjoy high resolution textures during all of gameplay.

While you are posting updates, could you perhaps be so kind and post an update on chat bubbles as well? Thanks!

If you have a crappy old machine, you simply put it on Low. People with better systems can put it on Medium and people that invested a lot of money in HighEnd system have the choice to put it on High !

The thing is, you dont even need to spend a fortune on a pc to play games in best graphic settings :)

With a good 600$ system you can play all games on max and this is probably not going to change that soon. Due the console generation we are a bit "stuck" atm. Look how few games actually support quad´s or six cores. How few SLI or Dx 11 - the next major update will most likely come in 2013 or 2014 with the next gen until then buy a PC for 500-600 and be happy :)

Self build ofc, dont buy it at a shop - these PC´s are not so good for gamers.

The thing is, you dont even need to spend a fortune on a pc to play games in best graphic settings :)

With a good 600$ system you can play all games on max and this is probably not going to change that soon. Due the console generation we are a bit "stuck" atm. Look how few games actually support quad´s or six cores. How few SLI or Dx 11 - the next major update will most likely come in 2013 or 2014 with the next gen until then buy a PC for 500-600 and be happy :)

Self build ofc, dont buy it at a shop - these PC´s are not so good for gamers.

I know...always build my own PC's since I was a kid! I spend good money on the Core i7 925 CPU and dual channel 6GB RAM and the famous Asus motherboard. But I have a humble GeForce 560GT graphics card.

I run the game over 50-90 FPS average in all zones, even with lots of people around, like on Republic Fleet.

I know I can handle the HighRes textures and I hope it's a bug with the settings that can be fixed quickly and soon, so we can enjoy the game and our characters in HighRes! :)

Edited by Jeronas

Any update yet?

Direct Feed from Bioware HQ...

*door is thrown open*

Stephen Reid: Graphics department! I've just gotten word from the forums that the players have noticed the high-res texture setting does nothing!

Jim: Oh, don't worry, in the next patch the High texture setting is going to enable the Medium textures.

Stephen Reid: That doesn't make sense.

Jim: It does if we remove the Medium setting!

Stephen Reid: But I just promised them we'd resolve this issue.

Jim: No problem! Bill's in our closet/office in the back working on fixing the high-res textures in time for the first expansion.

Bill: We've already printed the box!

Introducing Star Wars: The Old Republic: Warfront!

*New super high-resolution TEXTURES!

*Exclusive access to non-sharded servers!

*Brand-new "Smooth-a-tron" technology introduces an alternate skill queue system that eliminates 'tactical contemplation periods' - known by many as 'ability delay'.

*Special slow-mo bullet time feature that you can engage during conversations with aliens, allowing you to fully read the subtitles for the first time ever!

Stephen Reid: This is brilliant, but the players will be disappointed.

Jim: Don't worry! Now that we're pretending the high-quality textures never existed during actual gameplay, the graphics department will have time to work on other features!

Bob: Breast physics will be in-game by September!

Everyone: LOL

Direct Feed from Bioware HQ...

*door is thrown open*

Stephen Reid: Graphics department! I've just gotten word from the forums that the players have noticed the high-res texture setting does nothing!

Jim: Oh, don't worry, in the next patch the High texture setting is going to enable the Medium textures.

Stephen Reid: That doesn't make sense.

Jim: It does if we remove the Medium setting!

Stephen Reid: But I just promised them we'd resolve this issue.

Jim: No problem! Bill's in our closet/office in the back working on fixing the high-res textures in time for the first expansion.

Bill: We've already printed the box!

Introducing Star Wars: The Old Republic: Warfront!

*Brand-new "Smooth-a-tron" technology introduces an alternate skill queue system that eliminates 'tactical contemplation periods' - known by many as 'ability delay'.

*Special slow-mo bullet time feature that you can engage during conversations with aliens, allowing you to fully read the subtitles for the first time ever!

Stephen Reid: This is brilliant, but the players will be disappointed.

Jim: Don't worry! Now that we're pretending the high-quality textures never existed during actual gameplay, the graphics department will have time to work on other features!

Bob: Breast physics will be in-game by September!

Everyone: LOL

Good one, Bro:D:D:D

*Special slow-mo bullet time feature that you can engage during conversations with aliens, allowing you to fully read the subtitles for the first time ever![/b]

Well they better get off their behinds and start seriously working on these issues. The next MMORPG is already around the corner and I'm sure it won't look so ugly or have this wierd "ability stuttering" that's more annoying than everything else.

We're tracking down the details with the development team and will give you an update soon - hopefully later today.

Thanks for the acknowledgement... it goes a long way :).

Details? What details? The game is muddy and chalky and looks like concept art.

Even still it's a beautiful game. Imagine how much more so if we had higher detail.

It's gonna be raining fire up in here if/when he replies. Keep in mind he did not promise anything, besides that he would talk to the team about it. He also said either probably today or try today i dont know exactly i dont care but he did not say "i will get back to you today with an answer". it was something like, "i will try to get back to you guys, possibly by the end of today."

i know i need to look at it exactly.

Just saying don't get your hopes up. But if they are coming back in i have to find my credit card.