Stay PvPositive!

Eastiano

Hey guys! There's so much negativity surrounding pvp as of late it seems that the community only seems to be vocal regarding bad stuffs, be it haxors, cheat/wintraders, low population, premades, ranked rewards the list goes on...

Anyway I digest,

The point of this thread is to inject a bit of positivity into the pvpquation in an effort to bring balance to the force.

I'll be updating this with tales of encouragement I encounter ingame, I also urge others to share any positive stories/experiences or aspects of pvp by posting here! 😁

So cmon guys, spread a lil love ❤️

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much i appreciate your spirit Eastiano, i think is pretty normal the situation considering when some of us do their best playing fair and honest, and lose or even winning, the opponent team had some cheat as ****. And unfortunately some decide to follow their example, and they laugh by saying: oh is just a game:D

ye dude is a game played by people you know? and you are ruining with your scumbag attitude

If you cant beat them join them. Still is appreciated your attitude :)

Edited by Zez-Kai-Ell

Yeah I can see the whole "if ya cant beat em, join em argument", even I log on my imp toons from time to time (yes I have a sorc -_- )

Also lowbies are kinda dominated by snipers stealth n sorcs so is frustrating, but there certainly is something for everyone!

I spent all day levelling a new sentinel yesterday soloq as I just want to play alone sometimes and was pretty fun, even tho I constantly got rekt by these 2 snipers and a sin that always seemed to be on the opposition. But ya know what? We won quite a few games eventually!

I'm far from an example of a positive player, my guild name should be adequate evidence of this, but I know I can try to BE more positive which should in turn have an impact on other players creating a more positive experience allround :D

Yeah I can see the whole "if ya cant beat em, join em argument", even I log on my imp toons from time to time (yes I have a sorc -_- )

Also lowbies are kinda dominated by snipers stealth n sorcs so is frustrating, but there certainly is something for everyone!

I spent all day levelling a new sentinel yesterday soloq as I just want to play alone sometimes and was pretty fun, even tho I constantly got rekt by these 2 snipers and a sin that always seemed to be on the opposition. But ya know what? We won quite a few games eventually!

I'm far from an example of a positive player, my guild name should be adequate evidence of this, but I know I can try to BE more positive which should in turn have an impact on other players creating a more positive experience allround :D

Man i can understand new players be naive and do mistakes that can piss the hell out off you they are new i can handle that :) people willing to learn will change. Its just the ones who play dirt are disgusting that is wath i mean by some start play like them, good thing i dont play just for the pvp this game, spent most of the time on it but there is more :) and comon that guild name dont mean exactly you are meanie does it:)

Tons of operative premades, sorc healers N' jug tanks (wife and husband) combos in regs

Madness and concealment stacks in solo ranked

2-3 viable dps specs in team ranked with only pt tank and sorc healer

But hey, at least this game is not shut down yet!

#pvpositive

:D #pvppositive

Idk i returned into darkness with DPS gear sin after very long rest. Playing around objective/support and pull trolling. And this more fun then this ****. Nowdays numberfest and cross-healing **** is un-enjoyable.

Edited by helpmewin

Yeah, PvPositive, me!

I just did my Valor Rank 5 thing for the DvL event. Well, rank 6, in fact, in two successful matches that followed one where I was just ejected from the arena without a result. The ones that worked were Odessen and Huttball, and it was much fun. (Character is a 65 Lightning Sorc, initially wearing 190-green PvE plus some over-spec ears/implants/relics, for a total of about 320 Expertise, and I *still* got 29 kills in the Huttball game.)

So, yeah, PvPositive.

EDIT: Forgot to say: they were my first PvP matches in SWTOR.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Thats great Steve! I would invest in some pvp gear though and you will enjoy it even more!

I Just had 2 games on my lowbie sentinel, yesterday there was a guy raging in all the games calling peeps noobs etc, I just whispered him that it wasn't constructive or helping and he said he was just frustrated. Fast forward to the 2 games I was in today with him and we communicated effectively and won! I said thx for the backup to rageguy and he said np, here to help!

I think thats a good positive story for today

#PvPositive

PvPositive would make a great guild name, if it's not already one. :D

It would only allow people that never rage quit, never bad mouth the other team, never bad mouth their own team, never belittle anyone else, are always helpful, always win with grace, take losses in stride, never... wait, where did everyone go? :p

Hey guys! There's so much negativity surrounding pvp as of late it seems that the community only seems to be vocal regarding bad stuffs, be it haxors, cheat/wintraders, low population, premades, ranked rewards the list goes on...

Anyway I digest,

The point of this thread is to inject a bit of positivity into the pvpquation in an effort to bring balance to the force.

I'll be updating this with tales of encouragement I encounter ingame, I also urge others to share any positive stories/experiences or aspects of pvp by posting here! 😁

So cmon guys, spread a lil love ❤️

I try to be positive and I try to help people in game as much as possible. But there is so many more negative things around pvp these days, that they stack up and can overwhelm your positivity and good will.

But I will try 🙃

One positive thing I've noticed is that the reps are starting to extend their skills. Even though there still aren't enough reps for lots of pops, the ones I get are competitive games with more than 2/3rds resulting in wins

PvPositive would make a great guild name, if it's not already one. :D

It would only allow people that never rage quit, never bad mouth the other team, never bad mouth their own team, never belittle anyone else, are always helpful, always win with grace, take losses in stride, never... wait, where did everyone go? :p

Yeah that would be a good guild name.

Tons of operative premades, sorc healers N' jug tanks (wife and husband) combos in regs

Madness and concealment stacks in solo ranked

2-3 viable dps specs in team ranked with only pt tank and sorc healer

But hey, at least this game is not shut down yet!

#pvpositive

Wife/husband or wife/wife combos are more common than people think. Especially with the healer/tank or healer/DPS combo... It's a good couple activity :p

Even if it's not those class combo's, I can highly recommend grouping with your significant other for some pvp love 😍

On a side note - I am seeing lots of 4man operative premades in lowbies and mids. There were 2 yesterday who were either queue syncing or it was just the pop rotation. 2 operative healers and 6 dps operatives on one team :eek:

Yeah, PvPositive, me!

I just did my Valor Rank 5 thing for the DvL event. Well, rank 6, in fact, in two successful matches that followed one where I was just ejected from the arena without a result. The ones that worked were Odessen and Huttball, and it was much fun. (Character is a 65 Lightning Sorc, initially wearing 190-green PvE plus some over-spec ears/implants/relics, for a total of about 320 Expertise, and I *still* got 29 kills in the Huttball game.)

So, yeah, PvPositive.

Hey Steve, if you need help on gear info, have a look at the gearing link in my signature :D

Yeah, PvPositive, me!

So, yeah, PvPositive.

Welcome to the PvP experience!

This thread makes me want to go PvP. :D

One positive thing I've noticed is that the reps are starting to extend their skills. Even though there still aren't enough reps for lots of pops, the ones I get are competitive games with more than 2/3rds resulting in wins

I've wrote in another thread about leveling my Sage (coudn't touch sages for a long time because of some disgust to their numbers in wzs) that past 4-5 days I win 9 out of 10 games. These were lowbies, though, and I've just got to LvL 41 and haven't tried mids yet.

Anyways, reps were playing objectives like they do not play in 65s(PvPositive!!!!).

I hope this is a new trend.

I've wrote in another thread about leveling my Sage (coudn't touch sages for a long time because of some disgust to their numbers in wzs) that past 4-5 days I win 9 out of 10 games. These were lowbies, though, and I've just got to LvL 41 and haven't tried mids yet.

Anyways, reps were playing objectives like they do not play in 65s(PvPositive!!!!).

I hope this is a new trend.

What spec are you playing?

What spec are you playing?

Balance.

My mains are Infiltration Shadow and Hatred Sin, so Balance went really natural after Hatred. Dot-spreading mechanics is ridiculously easy. I remember when Hatred had similar mechanics but I’m glad it is over because Sins were everywhere back then. I’d keep 30m range of Death Filed though.

Edited by zhezvya

Balance.

My mains are Infiltration Shadow and Hatred Sin, so Balance went really natural after Hatred. Dot-spreading mechanics is ridiculously easy. I remember when Hatred had similar mechanics but I’m glad it is over because Sins were everywhere back then. I’d keep 30m range of Death Filed though.

Try telekinetic if you want a bit more of a challenge instead of just dot spreading. I find it much more dynamic.