What is wrong with the new Warzone rewards? What can be done to fix the problem?

BigRedJedi

I played PVP after this patch. Our team only had 6 and we got demolished so quickly. It was so sad to watch! But I hung in there til the end. Only had 2 medals. And received big fat ZEROES across the board! Edited by angelturbo

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just from my observations last night they changed how you earn medals now.

It was definitely changed from 8 medals to 15 max. You earn about 4.5~ per medal and gain 100% for winning and about an extra 33% or so for losing.

Games that are completed faster (under 5-8 minutes) seem to always reward the maximum amount. Huttball is a guaranteed 140 comms for the winners if you can 6 cap under 10 minutes.

The only exception is Void Star which seems to give the most rewards based on how many doors/bridges you break through. If the match is team 1 gets through 1st door, but can't get any further and they can keep the other team from getting through while defending than you only get credit for getting through the 1st door the whole match so winners get about 90~ comms.

Civil War doesn't give any extra medals for completion, but you accumulate the missing medals for defending points. The new War Zone is the same but gives extra medals for winning.

The max overall you can earn is 140 in a win and 90 in a loss. The change rewards speed over performance, but does reward the losing team generously if they perform very well.

Just left a warzone On Dreshdae Cantina(ended at 1:21 est and was Voidstar). Was forced to play in what amounted to a 3 people(imperial)my side vs a 6 player opposing team. We did have 4 people right at start but had a immediate DC/leave. In the finally minute and 30 seconds on second phase 2 people where added to our team..LOL! I actually somehow scored some rewards for first time in a loosing effort in the new format but I have no idea how. I had less than 3 medals and was sure was getting the big GOOSE EGG! ZERO! NOTHING! Like what normally happens in such situations.

I have seldom ever left a warzone early since I have begun playing. Been booted many times by that stupid low timer and getting stuck at the force field.

What where the developers thinking? I have now wasted so much time in warzones because of the new and improved rewards that I am seriously going to chuck it and just leave them early when they go bad. I used to warzone up to 8 hours or more a day. I have had days(multiple days of play with breaks but no losses ie carrying wins over) where I have had 42 straight wins...I have had 6 straight hours of losses. I never thought to leave early.

Why did the warzone I had earlier not just shut down? Would of been way better than my wasted effort. I have a in game ticket about the change in warzone rewards but it is largely being ignore/given the run around.

I also wonder why in game requests get ignored so much? The computer generated response is crap. I have gotten a genuine response but have had to be persistent and also very harsh in criticism to get that response. Why are in game responses ignored so much? How many petitions are filtered out by "Protocol Droids"? there is no way you could possibly have a feel for how big a problem "like the warzone rewards" are if the responses are being filtered out so as only to address people posting in forums. The response "Known Issues" are not forwarded to the development team also means numbers of negative responses(or positive) are filtered so as to again not get a adequate count of the people having issue with the game or part of it.

I have played 2 EA games now(Sorry Bioware...they Ate you...you are gone). The customer service has been terrible at best! It is a nice game with great potential but has the same unaddressed problems and issues as warhammer. I joked when we signed up for Swtor that it was Warhammer 2.0...I do not joke about it anymore.....