Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you organize your...

joenewbie
09.28.2015 , 09:48 PM | #1
How do you organize your Legacy Storage?

I throw all my mats/companion gifts in there.

I have tabs and organize by mat type and level and have one tab to drop mats I have 99+ worth of them, when I have multiple 99+'s I move the surplus 99's to a characters personal storage only to shuffle it back in there once I run down on those. I have 2 tabs for Companion gifts and I use the first tab, not fully filled to move items from one character to another.

How do you use yours? I'm curious if there might be a better way to organize it.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

Storm-Cutter
10.06.2015 , 10:56 AM | #2
Tab1 Unused mat tokens, unbound gear, odds and ends for other characters to pick up. - CM items waiting for a price hike.
Tab2 Bio and medical supplies , Bio consumables
Tab3 Archaeology fragments and power crystals, archaeology consumables
Tab4 Metals, underworld metals, compounds, slicing mats
Tab5 Investigation mats, things that stack such as Tauntaun domestication certs, CM certs, legacy armour etc.

Synthweaving cloths are with my synthweaver. - All mats are stacked with grade 1 on top row, grade 2 second row etc.

Anything that is over 99 goes to one of the crafters that I use regularly. - and their 2nd cargo hold is arranged the same. Sometimes I have 2-3 stacks of 99 of mats I use a lot - like corusca gems or Anodyne extract etc. in LB

Every now and again, I top up the legacy bank / or send excess bits to the characters that have the correct skills. - I also have characters with a cargo bay dedicated to Companion gift collections, Legacy Armour, Prefabs/war supplies, Augment comps etc. Individuals usually have bay 2 of their cargo bays dedicated to the mats they can gather.

Okay, so it seems to be a bit OTT - but the time invested to have a system is rewarded when you need something certain at short notice. I am a hoarder of mats, but a clear-out of loads of bound armour and mods yielded a nice windfall some weeks ago and freed up a LOT of space. -Coz TBH when will I really need a blue aim/end/defence mod for a level 34 - quicker to sell the bound one and make another.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

MaximusRex
10.06.2015 , 07:50 PM | #3
1st Tab is Purple Mats, and items I want to trade across characters, Second Tab is Blue Mats, 3rd and 4th tabs are Green Mats, 5th Tab is White Mats, Legacy Bound Currencies, and Decoration/Conquest crafted items. Mat's aren't particuallry well organized within each tab, I wish tabs would let us sort by name/grade, because that would be fine for me.

Ideally if they added more Tabs I'd add a 2nd tab for Blue mats, a 3rd tab for Green Mats, and a tab for Companion Gifts which are a mess all over too many characters. I'd probably also move the White Mats into their own tab.

Kulyok
10.07.2015 , 03:52 AM | #4
The first tab is empty. It's used for things I need to pass between characters pronto - stuff I want to send to my main traders to sell, crafting components only one char can use, and so on.

Tab 2 is for crafting materials many chars use - for example, scavenging grade 11 mats.

Tab 3 used to be for legacy suits for companions, but aren't anymore with 4.0 coming. Only legacy weapons are there now. But I'm going to bring legacy suits back as soon as the changes hit.

Tab 4 is for dyes and companion gifts.

Tab 5 is for various legacy relics and stuff I need for all companions - bounty drinks, various legacy-bound particles, cartel market certificates.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

SteveTheCynic
10.07.2015 , 04:29 AM | #5
Mine is just five piles of assorted stuff. Imagine a filing cabinet with five drawers all marked Misc.

Well, except one thing. Tab 3 contains all my unused Jawa junk from packs. And some assorted stuff.

There's a bias toward unbound non-CM gear in tab 1 and toward companion gifts in tab 5.

And they are all full. There are probably some items that could be consolidated between the tabs.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

joenewbie
10.10.2015 , 09:00 PM | #6
I like all these answers, sorry I didn't respond sooner, had some computer troubles the past week, SSD failed, shipping delay to get new one = about 9 days burned of the last 12x xp story time. *cry*
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

SteveTheCynic
10.11.2015 , 09:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
There's a bias toward unbound non-CM gear in tab 1 and toward companion gifts in tab 5.
And Today I Learned something unpleasant. In my tab 1 there was a level 46 moddable purple helmet with 120-rated Willpower mods. My SI made level 46, and picked it up. But I really wanted to be able to keep on using my Kallig helmet, so I bit the bullet and pulled the mods out of the purple one. (Stupid, I know, I should have used the Designer.)

The unpleasant part?

I removed the mods from the requires-46 helmet, and discovered that they are requires-47, so the poor girl has to wait until she makes level 47 to use them...
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

joenewbie
10.13.2015 , 01:59 PM | #8
I'm looking to clear some of the materials out of my legacy storage, I need a list of which mats go to which crafting skills, just so I can keep the overlapping ones in the legacy storage and the ones which don't into the individual crafters storage. Anyone have a list of this? It seems Archaeology is used the most so I'll likely keep that one in the legacy storage, but as far as the others I have no idea because i don't really pay attention, I've just dumped mats in legacy storage so everyone could pool from them as needed, but if only 1 character is using it they should really have it in their individual storage.

Thanks in advance,

EDIT/UPDATE: I've pretty much figured it out on my own, but can someone explain to me which trades actually use Slicing Parts? Not the schematics, but rather the parts? I don't know that I need that in my legacy storage but I'm also not sure if any of my crafters use the parts, and if so, which? Thanks again in advance.

SteveTheCynic
10.15.2015 , 02:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by joenewbie View Post
EDIT/UPDATE: I've pretty much figured it out on my own, but can someone explain to me which trades actually use Slicing Parts? Not the schematics, but rather the parts? I don't know that I need that in my legacy storage but I'm also not sure if any of my crafters use the parts, and if so, which? Thanks again in advance.
Most of the gear crafting skills have top-level recipes that contain out-of-spec parts, i.e. parts from a gathering skill that isn't the normal one for the crafting skill, and I think that Slicing features heavily on all of those lists.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

joenewbie
10.16.2015 , 11:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Most of the gear crafting skills have top-level recipes that contain out-of-spec parts, i.e. parts from a gathering skill that isn't the normal one for the crafting skill, and I think that Slicing features heavily on all of those lists.
Good info, thanks for that, now that I have most of my crafters built, any future toons I creat will be either gathering/mission people and if Slicing is that important I'll give all of them slicing. But one step at a time. I have a lot of leveling to do on a lot of toons.