Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server transfer what does it mean for my stronghold?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Server transfer what does it mean for my stronghold?

sooney
06.18.2015 , 09:49 AM | #1
as title if I was to move servers would that toons stronghold transfer too with all its decorations as is?

NUTMANIAC
06.18.2015 , 11:53 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by sooney View Post
as title if I was to move servers would that toons stronghold transfer too with all its decorations as is?
Stronghold decorations will transfer over but will not be placed

Xakthul
06.19.2015 , 04:12 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by sooney View Post
I *think* it works like that if you don't have a legacy on the server you're moving to...
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Muljo_Stpho
06.22.2015 , 12:20 PM | #4
Strongholds are a property of the legacy in general, not a possession of one specific character (despite being able to label it with a character's name).

With that said though, from what I've always seen mentioned about server transfers it is supposed to merge most legacy data from both servers onto the destination server. (The specific example given is that the destination server will have the highest earned achievements and earliest completion dates from both servers.) So it would make sense to expect something like that for stronghold data as well. (Anything that had been unlocked on either server will be unlocked on the destination server... Probably with numbers of decorations unlocked equal to the highest from either server, I would guess.)

The only specific thing that I've seen mentioned (that sounded like confirmation from firsthand experience) from someone transferring and then posting here about what happened with strongholds was that a stronghold that they had previously only had unlocked on the origin server did end up unlocked on the destination server but it came in inactive so they had to reactivate it (which meant paying the full cost since they had not taken the cartel coin option with the activation cost on the origin server). All of the rooms that they had unlocked before were already unlocked in the new server's stronghold though.

I'd imagine that if the stronghold had already been active on the destination server, it would have unlocked additional rooms if any had been unlocked on the origin server that weren't unlocked yet on the destination server... and that's it. I would not expect it to attempt anything with the data about how the strongholds are decorated. I would only expect it to update values in the list of available decorations.

zaphrez
06.22.2015 , 07:58 PM | #5
Question: I have read that if I acquired a stronghold with Cartel Coins, it will reactivate after a character transfer for free. If you bought it with credits, you will have to pay the full price again. Now, what about the free unlock that subscribers got on Nar Shadda as a prerelease bonus? CC or credits treatment after you transfer? Anyone know?

Also, are all your additional rooms open again when you reactivate, or do those have to be repurchased too?

Thanks to anyone who knows solid answers to these!

Leifii
10.23.2015 , 12:11 PM | #6
I wonder about these things too. Also, what about legacy storage on strongholds? Has anyone done this? Does legacy items transfer? I have a ton in there that I'd like not to lose.

Is there anyone that knows these things or is it just a 'try at your own peril'?

I'd really love to merge my two accounts too, but I know that's not an option.

Muljo_Stpho
10.23.2015 , 07:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Muljo_Stpho View Post
Strongholds are a property of the legacy in general, not a possession of one specific character (despite being able to label it with a character's name).

With that said though, from what I've always seen mentioned about server transfers ...
I had made use of the 90 cartel coin transfers to move some characters around for unlocks and I can personally confirm what I said in that post.

Stronghold unlocks carry over. That includes purchased strongholds, purchased rooms, and unlocked decorations.

If the stronghold is not already active on the destination server you will have to reactivate it, so hopefully you bought the stronghold with cartel coins so that the reactivation cost can be zero. All rooms that had been unlocked on the origin server will be unlocked already when you reactivate the stronghold on the destination server.

If the stronghold is active already on the destination server before the transfer you will have to go around clicking on doors to get the transferred unlocks to register. It won't show the prompt for money or charge you anything for them.

Placement of decorations is done separately per legacy and will not be included in a character transfer. It will not copy your layout that you've been using on the origin server, and it won't overwrite whatever layout you've already got in an existing stronghold on the destination server.

To answer another question, legacy storage is not carried over in a transfer. Put it in the inventory or cargo hold of the character being transferred if you want anything from legacy storage to go over with them.

What else...? Nar Shaddaa? I haven't specifically tried to deactivate a Nar Shaddaa stronghold to check it but I'm certain that the subscriber reward is counted the same as a cartel coin purchase. Remember that the stronghold wasn't immediately active right away when that patch first hit. We had to reactivate it, which did not cost us anything. (edit: Remember also that the room unlocks that were given away as subscriber rewards were open automatically after reactivating the stronghold.)
Hey look, it's a referral link! Free stuff available if you want to click it. (Info page on referral program.)