How big a Star Wars fan are you?

Etapi

For those of you that read the books n stuff, i was checking on them a while back, but for someone that hasn't read much about the expanded universe ecept some wookiepedia etc, what should i start with? is there a list somewhere online for an order to read the books in? or does anyone have suggestions where to start off when you know the movie stories and some side info?

i would really love to get into the period after ROJ, but also the revan times etc.

I saw Ep IV in the theater on opening day when I was 5. Remember it like it happened yesterday. The volume in the theater was so loud my mom actually had to watch the movie with her hands over her ears for most of it....AWESOME! I loved it! I recently ordered all of the books I could get my hands on from Amazon and am reading them in order from The Lost Tribe stories onward. I also still have many of the original action figures and ships from when I was a kid. Huge fan!

Umm lets see....I seen every Star Wars movie on day one since I was 4 in 1977. I was hooked so bad my uncle took me to see it 5 more times after that. I stood 4 hours in line for empire strike back thanks to my mom knowing I was a die hard fan. For Jedi my mom let me miss school for it on Day 1. Every rerelease I was their even day 1. I had every freaking toy when it came out. I would spend hour upon hours playing with them. I have about $100K in collectibles in my room. I had the great chance to intern at skywalker studio's thanks to my animation teacher in college.

When they are on Spike TV im their watching it. Even part 1-3 i dont care what others think of them.

The only thing I didnt get intlo is the books from other writers. Some just went to far out of proportion that it felt like a knock off space novel and nothing star wars related.

Yeah im 39 now and still act like that 4 year when star wars is on. When i got my son hooked on it my wife was like OMG..No....! Now star wars legos, Clone wars cartoons and SWG MMO and now SWTOR. Me and my son cant get enough of it.

As of right now I have a pro tattoo artist working on my leg piece (arms are allready coverd).

I will die a star wars fan and as my wife would say I will probably die in a star wars themed casket for my funeral.

Its that part of me that will never die.

Edited by bravotwentysev

I was 5 when RTJ came out, and it is one of my very 1st memories EVAR. When the other little churns were playing with GI Joe and Transformers, i was rocking Star Wars. I still rock star wars! I have a 7' tall Mace Windu in my game room. With a leather kango on his head. He's a ******.

I will die a star wars fan and as my wife would say I will probably die in a star wars themed casket for my funeral.

Its that part of me that will never die.

DUDE i hope you die before your funeral. Dying at your funeral could be awkward. Although it would be cool to see someone bite it in a Slave I theme casket, perhaps in a casket fight with a Millenium Falcon coffin.....

In my youth I was an UBER fan. I saw ANH when it was first released in 1977. My brother and I got our first Kenner action figures shortly thereafter - R2-D2 and C-3PO. We dressed up like Luke and Obi Wan for Halloween that year (my brother being blonde got to be Luke). I got a very low quality copy of ANH and ESTB on VHS (LONG before they were officially released) and watched ANH evert rainy and snowy day. Everywhere we went my brother and I brought our Darth Vader star wars action figure carrying case. We had "lightsaber duels" with giant "Tinker Toys".

When "Heir to the Empire" came out in the early 90's I waited in line to get it and read it within a week (I had two jobs that summer so free time was limited). And continued reading all the books as they came out for more than a decade.

I waited in line for hours for each of the Special Edition movies and bought the VHS box set as soon as it came out. I then bought the DVD box set when it was finally released. For years, about every couple to three months I would break out the OT and watch it

I bought all the games - although I was never really good at the X-wing seris

I stood in line for hours at the opening of TPM. And while not as disappointed as most say they are, it was not as good as I had hoped. I did the same thing for AofC and RotS, and bought all the DVDs

But in all honesty, it was the Vong book series that turned me off Star Wars. Too much doom and gloom for what were supposed to be the heroes. I stopped reading Vong series about half of the way through and stopped reading EU books altogether.

I also no longer watch any of the movies as much as I used to.

That being said, when my brother offered me two movie posters - Star Wars and Empire 10th anniversary (he worked in a movie theater at that time and acquired the posters - when I moved into my new house, I jumped at it and bought a Jedi poster to "complete the set". They hang prominently in my home office/workout room.

But recently with me playing a SW table top RPG and playing this game, I have started reading SW books again.

So, to answer the OP question, I was a hardcore Star Wars fan for a LONG time, but as I've matured my fandom has also matured. I realize that SW is a pop culture icon that 50 years from now people will still be talking about (Ala Gone with the Wind, It's a Wonderful Life, etc), I am glad I was able to witness it first hand, but I am not nearly as hardcore as I once was.

LOL, I always try to convince my wife that it is not an obsession, it is a lifestyle, not sure she buys it though.

I have been rebuilding my collection slowly, as a lot of it was thrown out by my mother when I was younger. Even picked up an original R2-D2/C-3PO belt buckle.

Also currently working on my Ep. IV Stormtrooper build, can't wait to wear it. :)

I've tried to convince my girlfriend the same thing, but whit no succes, but i got her to watch the OT whit me:)

I am a huge star wars fan i've been one as long as i can remember and iam 24.

I got the Galatic Empire symbol tattooed on the left side of my chest,

I would say pretty big.

The fact that the prequels made me extremely angry for many years just goes to show how important they were to me. No other movie has ever made me angry. That's when I realized that only something I love so much could make me so angry.

big fan, everyone says im obsessed and i agree. sadly ive never had the money for a costume or i would have made myself a mandalorian-jedi costume and gotten a build it yourself lightsaber.

got me beat, i cant pull myself to do the costume thing yet. I have hit the conventions when they are in town. I work with a guy that does dress up for that stuff so maybe next year, if he can conveince me I will cross over to the costumed world.

Now what to be.....;)

Edited by kirorx

I read every single Star Wars comic book ever written to date. Even the original marvel series and the original comic strips that appeared in the Los Angeles Times Syndicate. I had stopped reading comic books in 1989, but started again in 2006 where I rediscovered Star Wars comic books and caught up with everything and never stopped since. I have also played all of the video games and still play Atari's Empire Strikes Back pretty hardcore, thank god for emulators and cheap gamepads on ebay.

I never read a novel, only a few Star Wars audio books here and there. The Star Wars Universe is pretty gigantic. Those who have only read novels and not the graphic novels have only half the story. I can only imagine its the same for those who have only read the graphic novels but not the novels. For those who have only played the video games, have only gotten a glimpse into the Universe. And for those who only saw the movies, only have a shadow of what Star Wars truly is.

But for those who grew up with the toys (not collectors) ... they have truly lived Star Wars like no other. No video game can ever top that experience. Star Wars is about one's own imagination. Novels really bring out the imagination in fans, because they have to imagine what they are reading visually, they have to imagine the sounds. Graphic novels do as well, just slightly less visual imagination is required. Movies and cartoons even less. And video games the least, though video games today are more interactive than ever which are challenging our minds almost like toys, the original interaction. As for Lego Star Wars .... let's be honest only rich kids play with that. Shame. I'm glad I grew up in the era I did, as I was definitely a Star Wars kid. I even had the lightsaber that lit up and the one that made sounds when you swung it the air, from the 80's. And I got modern day lightsabers from ultrasabers today, that I still play with. I don't collect anything, I play. Stunt sabers, baby. If you don't play you haven't interacted with the Universe, you have only sat there and watched.

There is one Star Wars video game I have always wanted to play, that escaped my grasp. It was a java game for phones that weren't smart phones but can still play some java games. It took place in Yoda's home. I forgot exactly how it went, but I believe Yoda would tell you wise sayings while he cleaned his home or something like that.

Oh yeah, I also play Pazaak on my droid. I have a good strategy. It works every time.

I have been a huge fan since 1977. I remember our local movie theatre would let you watch movies over and over if you didn't leave the theatre so me and my friends stayed there all day. I've never missed an opening night and I never will. I'm not an OT purist; anything that is created to expand the SW universe, I love.

I started out as just a collector of the 3 3/4" figs and vehicles and now at almost 41 years of age, I have moved into props, prop replicas, costumes, and autographs.

I can't figure out how the other poster earlier mentioned he has $100K in his room when I have nearly a quarter of a mil in collectibles all over the house!

I'm currently working on making my home theatre look like an Imperial briefing room onboard the Death Star or a Star Destroyer. I have personalized autographs from actors from all 6 movies. I have a piece of the Death Star used in Episode IV; one of my prized pieces is an Icons Darth Vader lightsaber signed to me by David Prowse.

As I've said before, every room in my house has something related to Star Wars in it- whether it be a book for some reading in the bathroom (ha!) or a full size Darth Vader watching movies with me in my theatre, Star Wars is all over the place!

Since my wife and children are exposed to Star Wars every day, they are also huge fans. My children love the movies and the Clone Wars series. My daughter is just starting to play SWTOR and I think I have my wife conned into it too!

But, my biggest Star Wars legacy is that my son's name is Anakin....:D

I saw the first movie when it came out and was blown away by it. I can remember to this day driving home in my VW bug like it was a Tie fighter flashing my lights like lasers. ( I was prob. diving without a lic.) To this day I can still watch SW's movies over and over. I am also a big fan of Joseph Campbell. I think that sums it up. Yes I'm OLD but when it comes to SW I'm still a kid.