Welcome to Game Update 2.2: Operation Nightmare

CourtneyWoods

•Seeker Droid: Dig sites are no longer deplete when players find Dreadseed or Star Forager armor pieces.

This mean as soon as the current piece is found a different piece spawns in another location immediately following the first being found? Or does this just mean you can still find other items for the period of the cooldown between dreadseed and forager pieces respawning like they used to but the cooldown is still there?

Seriously, do you think this deserves to be a 2.X patch?. There was a time when something called patch 2.2 or 1.7 or 3.1 etc and not 2.2.3.4, in a MMORPG, came with some interesting content. And a recycled OP is something like a joke i must say.

But, oh wait, we got a new cartel pack. Thanks. I cant count how many have been released since F2P.

I guess the new FPs will be Colicoid and Red Reaper. And the new OP will be Eternity Vault at 55 and harder than the current ones.

Edited by Nyaara

Recycled content.... is NOT content. Adding Nightmare Mode to existing Ops, and then throwing more crap to pay for off the Cartel Market is NOT new content. It is yet another attempt of BIOFAIL to continually ignore the community.

Long standing Bug fixes - NO

New FP - NO

New WZ - NO

New OP - NO

New Race - NO

Server Transfers - NO (been a problem since launch and requested since launch)

New Space Mission - NO

New Quality of Life - NO

New Guild Perks - NO

New Cartel Market Items to pay real money for - YES!!

mmm...

I am furious.

The game still does not make me a sandwich.

Unfortunately, since that is not a reasonable expectation I have to be reasonably satisfied with what was in this update or my head will explode.

Too bad too, because I could really use a sandwich....

In all seriousness, I am basically happy with what has been provided so far. I am still hoping to see some features added to the game, and a few changes made, but I'm more inclined to believe good stuff is coming now.

Players that are backfilled into a Warzone are now awarded a Reinforcement Medal that will count toward their total medal count for the match. This prevents backfilled players from being placed into a match without enough time to get one medal, thus missing out on the Warzone rewards at the end of the match.

This is a really good change for solo queuers.

The base damage and armor value granted by Bolster have been slightly increased to account to the most recent item power available to players

What does this mean exactly? Does anyone know? Since there is a new Tier of PvP gear, I assume this means that the Bolster buff for other gear is getting changed to compensate. Not sure.

Characters with body type 1 can no longer hide in the corners of bunkers to prevent others from seeing their nameplates.

Finally. Good fix.

Underworld gear and rating-equivalent Armorings, Mods, and Enhancements can now be Reverse Engineered and learned as a schematic

This is good for crafters.

Overall, the patch is fairly decent. Granted, there is no real content here, but many of the changes/fixes above are very good.

This is a good patch. Granted it does please only a small portion of the community, but you can't expect all patches to have something for you. The NiM ops are aimed for the more hardcore gamers of SWTOR and saying that ading a new difficulity level is recycling content is not true. Yes it does not provide any new story lines and most players will never try it, but again this is an MMO and an MMO has so many different kind of players. There are crafters, pvp fand, pve fans... And this patch is aimed towards the more hardcore pve fans and crafters. To the players who want to try these new NiM ops, the experience is just the same as with a new op. So stop calling an update bad, just because it has nothing new for you.

Recycled content.... is NOT content. Adding Nightmare Mode to existing Ops, and then throwing more crap to pay for off the Cartel Market is NOT new content. It is yet another attempt of BIOFAIL to continually ignore the community.

New FP - NO

New WZ - NO

New OP - NO

New Race - NO

New Space Mission - NO

New Quality of Life - NO

New Guild Perks - NO

mmm...

We need REAL content.

Not saying this patch is bad it has some nice stuff, however i dont consider this patch as huge or something new either. Just a normal patch nothing more. Mostly because implementing order of the past.

I mean before the expansion EC got implemented followed by tfb then EC NiM (that part of the story is over why the back paddeling?)

The expansion brought again tfb... alrdy farmed this loads why more? S&V was the good part tho.

However! Now they put in tfb NiM (unfortunally way to late, as it was lvl50 content before), but also S&V NiM at a later point. Which means they closing the content to make room for "real" new content (i consider new content as a new part of the story). So basicly they getting on track with implementing stuff in the right order -> New gear lvl should be new content. The next gen gear will be in new ops, unless BW is going to do something weird :p

Awesome work on adding some love for the Roleplay community guys, definitely much needed given the wait we've had.

...wait, what's that?

Just more Raids, Raid gear, and Market crap?

Oh...Well....Guess it's more of the same stuff then...

New FP - NO

New WZ - NO

New OP - NO

New Race - NO

New Space Mission - NO

New Quality of Life - NO

New Guild Perks - NO

mmm...

so true...

i cant say this is 2.x patch... this is 2.1.3 patch in my eyes

Last year they hyped us with this video:

... and since they've kept trying to sell us TfB. How about showing us something new? Or could it be that you don't have anything new?

That's a cute little nerdrage. Might want to check dulfy.net...

another cartel patch.

meanwhile, players are leaving : http://www.torstatus.net/shards/eu ...

I think this is a problem overall. In my eyes , they made a mistake making so many servers . I played on the German PvP Server ( Jar'Kai Sword) and 30-40% of pop talks English . English is a multi language talked in 70-80% of country s . My opinion , less server = more pop .

But now for the changes .I like them , its nothing special tho .

I think this is a problem overall. In my eyes , they made a mistake making so many servers . I played on the German PvP Server ( Jar'Kai Sword) and 30-40% of pop talks English . English is a multi language talked in 70-80% of country s . My opinion , less server = more pop .

But now for the changes .I like them , its nothing special tho .

As far as I know they cannot condense servers any more than they already have. European servers have only one of each type for each language, and while US servers do have some duplicates, each server still has great population, thus they cannot be combined or the server would have problems. Harbinger has enough problems as it is. The APAC transfers will help with population but the servers can't be condensed anymore. As it stands right now, the only thing that can increase population is... well... people. If the devs make something amazing they can advertise about, more people will join. But as of right now, thats about the only thing they can do to increase population that they haven't already put into action. SSSP will draw a lot of players in, I'd think, but who knows when that's coming. Hopefully soon, but... no announcements in forever.

the awesome programers did it again. they broke something with a patch. the end boss in tfb is broken. his last phase is bugged. he had 50% hp on final burn phase. tried it 2 times the bug showed its head both times. I love this game can we have a patch that doesn't break something that wasn't broken to begin with?