Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How many of us would happily pay subs for them to only bug fix for a period?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How many of us would happily pay subs for them to only bug fix for a period?

TrixxieTriss
01.09.2019 , 07:44 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
Patch 5.11 - BUG HUNT!

Turn on Double XP, and just fix bugs in the months leading up to it.

We don't need a new Arena, we don't need anything new for months. Just please fix so much of the substantial stuff that's broken ever since QA went out the window during 5.x.
They could add a feature that allows players to find the bugs and apply a “med pack” to it to alert the Devs it needs fixing.

BANG.... we have 6 months more “content” to play

casirabit
01.09.2019 , 09:12 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Surely that was what the summer of PvP was for all non pvp players. Or the long periods where there was no content at all. Or the current state of the game where subscribers pay for a AAA service but get development mostly focused on the Cartel Market.

I have seen no evidence that by not adding content they have improved the state of the game. So any suggestion they should focus on bugs over content would likely be seen as a means to move the 2 of the 3 remaining devs to Anthem and see how long subscribers would go with the occasional bug fix.

This.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

BenduKundalini
01.09.2019 , 10:19 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by VelvetSanity View Post
I think it might be reasonably safe to say that this would be many people’s all-time favorite update.

Consider me on board with this idea.
This !

Great idea, OP, and KyaniteD.

Nightblazer
01.09.2019 , 11:18 PM | #34
Better question is how long would you pay for bug fixes?

If they came out and said, hey we will focus on nothing but bug fixes for 1, 3 or 6 months straight and nothing new as far as content. Would you pay.

Also think about it that during said time they aren't even developing new content. Sure maybe planning but nothing being worked on but bugs. That means when they are done fixing 100% of the in-game bugs over the possible 6 months or longer time, it would probably be another 6 months to a year before new content came out.

Would you still pay a subscription during that time up to a possible one and a half years with zero new content?
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

BenduKundalini
01.09.2019 , 11:33 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
Better question is how long would you pay for bug fixes?

If they came out and said, hey we will focus on nothing but bug fixes for 1, 3 or 6 months straight and nothing new as far as content. Would you pay.

Also think about it that during said time they aren't even developing new content. Sure maybe planning but nothing being worked on but bugs. That means when they are done fixing 100% of the in-game bugs over the possible 6 months or longer time, it would probably be another 6 months to a year before new content came out.

Would you still pay a subscription during that time up to a possible one and a half years with zero new content?
I was thinking along the same lines and it's a good question.

3 months.

Celise
01.10.2019 , 03:04 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
Patch 5.11 - BUG HUNT!

Turn on Double XP, and just fix bugs in the months leading up to it.

We don't need a new Arena, we don't need anything new for months. Just please fix so much of the substantial stuff that's broken ever since QA went out the window during 5.x.
content brings people to a game, bug fixing does not. no way Bioware at this point could risk going through a bug fixing cycle with SWTOR, especially this point in time with Anthem around the corner.

If it is just left to bug fixing, Bioware might as well deliver the message that this game is in maintience mode and is no longer being worked on beyond the occasional bug stomping. At that point it wouldn't matter how much you paid them, this game will be down to a few hundred people playing by the time bioware got around to dealing with SWTOR, it will probably get shut down.

What i'd pay the developers for is to keep this game functional for 6.0, launch that and fix the bugs and then immediately begin a process of converting all multiplayer group activties into single player activties, increase the companions you can bring to those missions/operations/uprisings, balance it all out and remove PvP and GSF altogether. Readjust the gear and how to acquire it. After that put the single player SWTOR on the ea download server. even if the game is dead MP-wise, it will still exist as a single player game.

AllisonLightning
01.10.2019 , 04:31 AM | #37
Three to four months and as far as content goes (no expansion for two years), as said- more irked they have wasted resources on gear tiers and the command system at large which is content we did not need nor ask for.

Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
content brings people to a game, bug fixing does not. no way Bioware at this point could risk going through a bug fixing cycle with SWTOR, especially this point in time with Anthem around the corner.

If it is just left to bug fixing, Bioware might as well deliver the message that this game is in maintience mode and is no longer being worked on beyond the occasional bug stomping. At that point it wouldn't matter how much you paid them, this game will be down to a few hundred people playing by the time bioware got around to dealing with SWTOR, it will probably get shut down.

What i'd pay the developers for is to keep this game functional for 6.0, launch that and fix the bugs and then immediately begin a process of converting all multiplayer group activties into single player activties, increase the companions you can bring to those missions/operations/uprisings, balance it all out and remove PvP and GSF altogether. Readjust the gear and how to acquire it. After that put the single player SWTOR on the ea download server. even if the game is dead MP-wise, it will still exist as a single player game.
SWTOR is an MMO, raids are raids and no matter how much people stamp their feet, they cater to the crowd who need to pay their subs to do content as last I checked, you can do all story with a dropped subscription. And I like some of the story stuff but MMO content brings people to the games and functional multiplayer activities.

I'd cancel my subscription outright if they turned 6.0 into screwing over the endgame community.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

Nightblazer
01.10.2019 , 04:42 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post

This game is and always will.be an MMO. It will never be a single player. No matter how much people ask they will never remove the MMO aspect and make OPS soloable or remove GSF or PvP. It will never happen.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Celise
01.10.2019 , 05:01 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonLightning View Post
Three to four months and as far as content goes (no expansion for two years), as said- more irked they have wasted resources on gear tiers and the command system at large which is content we did not need nor ask for.

SWTOR is an MMO, raids are raids and no matter how much people stamp their feet, they cater to the crowd who need to pay their subs to do content as last I checked, you can do all story with a dropped subscription. And I like some of the story stuff but MMO content brings people to the games and functional multiplayer activities.

I'd cancel my subscription outright if they turned 6.0 into screwing over the endgame community.
i'm thinking in terms of when the game is about to get shut down anyway, the best way to save it is by adjusting it so it can be played like KotOR. If this game was abandoned after shut down, it will be ignored and perhaps one day someone might setup an emulation service to get the game running again, of course EA might step in on that and stop them.

I'm just thinking longer term for this game, see once it is finished as an MMO, i'd rather see it converted to single player than disappear into obscurity never to be played again. it would seem such a waste.

This game is and always will.be an MMO. It will never be a single player. No matter how much people ask they will never remove the MMO aspect and make OPS soloable or remove GSF or PvP. It will never happen.
i've never changed my mind on the subject, i just want to the game to continue after Bioware is finished with it. once 6.0 is out the way and the game is done with anyway, anyone who wanted to play this game before would be able to now and at least experience the game in some shadow of its former self when it is converted.

I'd rather not see a game like SWTOR go to waste if there is still a chance it can be saved. so like i said it is something i wouldn't mind throwing money at.

TalleraLane
01.10.2019 , 09:52 AM | #40
It can and most likely will. Already it has started, there are no longer just PvP servers and while there are PvP instances how many use them? How many more threads do we need saying PvP is dead no pop's? and so on.

While BW may not spend money making the present Op's soloable, they may just remove them entirely, I certainly can see it when no more are been made. It almost at that point now. With what just 1 over how many years? Every new WZ map BW put out within a day there are complaints about it. There will come a time BW will just consider these aspects of the game a thing of the past. MMO, never meant what you thought it meant to begin with. It always meant sharing the same open world. It never meant must group as so many of you claim it does. That does not mean there are no MMO's where all must group, this one just never did as indeed so many others.