Shae Vizla companion

Drapo

So I just resubbed a few weeks ago and i see that there was a Shae Vizla companion log in reward a few months ago. Is this something that will happen again? I would really like to get her as a companion.

Shae Vizla was initially available for those who logged in during a specific time window a few years ago. She's a popular companion and so they held her availability for a few years and brought her back recently for a short time window as a login reward.

If that is any indication, it'll be another 2-3 years before she's available as a login reward. On the other hand, it is quite possible they'll make her available for 3000-4000 Cartel Coins sometime down the line like they did with another popular companion.

If your main interest is acquiring an effective DPS companion, Niko or Vette are almost as good as Shae.

She was already made available 3 different times.

Shae Vizla companion subscriber reward for being subscribed on Octoiber 25, 2016

Shae Vizla companion subscriber reward for being subscribed on April 3. 2018

Shae Vizla companion subscriber reward for being subscribed (swtor.com or through steam) between August 28 through October 5, 2020

Edited by RameiArashi

As someone who got Shae in this most recent send out, I will say I do wish they would get rid of sending out companions, aka story content, in time limited fashions. Just put an account unlock on the Cartel Market for 2x the price of the standard cartel companion and be done with it.

They did it with the HK-55 unlock//Z0-0M chapter, which is also why they priced it so high, so there is now no reason they can't. Especially if they already re-released shae.

Same here.

That's why I wish they would unlock her for everyone who missed the last "window" to get her.

I wish they had created the log in rewards differently. I think people would have preferred a currency with a shop. Every day you log in you'd get a log in coin and a subscriber log in coin. The shop would have ALL old subscriber and promotional rewards available for subscriber log in coins. All of the consumables we now have as log in rewards would be available for regular log in coins. They could toss in old event rewards and old armor sets too. That way players could pick what they want and save up for it while new subscribers would have access to all of the old cosmetic goodies.

Nico Okarr the smuggler was made available twice. But he isn't linked to any mission or flashpoint.

I was surprised when I first got Darth Hexid, because I was unsubscribed and not playing when she was originally made available. But when I came back I eventually got this email telling me I had unlocked her.

Nico Okarr the smuggler was made available twice. But he isn't linked to any mission or flashpoint.

I was surprised when I first got Darth Hexid, because I was unsubscribed and not playing when she was originally made available. But when I came back I eventually got this email telling me I had unlocked her.

They brought her back with the group finder achievement, so anyone can Darth Hexid pretty easily these days. Master Ranos still hasn't returned yet.

A character can be associated with an FP or chapter and can also be a companion. These two are not necessarily joined at the hip. It is entirely possible to partner with Shae for various chapters , FPs, and cut-scenes without having her as a regular companion in other content. There is no effective difference in the playing experience or dialog between the two scenarios.

They brought her back with the group finder achievement, so anyone can Darth Hexid pretty easily these days. Master Ranos still hasn't returned yet.

because she was different than the others, if there is a DvL 2.0 this summer, as has been speculated, chances are she will return for that.

i see that some people have miss some off the sub rewards like shea vizla and Nico Okarr.

but asking if some sub rewards most come back has been ask all for years and a lot all.

and sure the sub rewards system is more getting old and there need to find something new about it.

but if we wane see old sub rewards coming back and ask bioware to chance the system more to give players more chance to have a chance to get old sub rewards then we need to support one idea and show that the communety supports it.

since asking old sub rewards to come back since you miss it for some reason has been ask a lot all and its still gone happing thats why somebody on this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=988600 has a great idea and if we all show suport to ceryxp idea on that thread then we show bioware that the communety wane see a chance in the old sub rewards system.

to make it short on this thread: the idea from ceryxp is to use the daily login sub reward to give each week when you have login 4 day's in the week you get a special token and with that token you can get old sub rewards with it in a special vendor so that all the players more get at some point shea vizla or nico as companion if there wane and that bioware not have to rotate each year more with old sub rewards.

Edited by Spikanor

They told us we would get one or the other, not both the chiss jedi and the darth, depending on which side won the Dark vs Light event. . I think most people wanted the chiss jedi because a chiss jedi was rare. Nothing special about the Darth. But then they made her available too. So I have both. Kind of cheapens getting the chiss jedi master.

I got the companions who were originally subscriber rewards the first time. they were offered. I dont really care about Shae Vizla. In fact I would like my darkside bounty hunter who she refused to fight to death during Shadow of Reven, which marks her a coward, to be able to kill her at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
I missed out on this and kicking myself for not subscribing earlier.

She was already made available 3 different times.

Shae Vizla companion subscriber reward for being subscribed on Octoiber 25, 2016

Shae Vizla companion subscriber reward for being subscribed on April 3. 2018

Shae Vizla companion subscriber reward for being subscribed (swtor.com or through steam) between August 28 through October 5, 2020

Or just keep up with the referral code meta. Have a 180-day subscription running year round to be eligible for refer-a-friend rewards year round. The bonus is you never miss a subscriber reward.

Keep it going for a few years and then experience the sunk cost fallacy. At that point, you'll never think about dropping subscription again.

Each time you drop sub, you forfeit future refer-a-friend reward from previous referrals and next time you sub you must start over from scratch.

Edited by Falensawino

I wish Nico Okarr is the next subscriber reward as he is older than paxton rall by release order he was also the other companion at the April 3 2018 subscriber reward where they did Shae Vizla and Nico Okarr together Edited by emperorruby
added more details

Each time you drop sub, you forfeit future refer-a-friend reward from previous referrals and next time you sub you must start over from scratch.

Won't work as BW relies more on interim subs than consistent subs. There's been a few topics such as this, and personally I still think a token system, much like used in SWG, but better implemented would be good here.

One token for each month subbed, and if they want to incentives longer subs, grant an extra token every three or six months, etc.

The tokens could then be used on a vendor, or special page of the CM, and you can redeem the sub rewards you like.