Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Huttball, quesh, vandin, odessen, huttball, quesh, civil war, odessen, vandin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball, quesh, vandin, odessen, huttball, quesh, civil war, odessen, vandin

alexzk's Avatar


alexzk
04.17.2019 , 12:17 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
1. Afaik, only serenity (1 spec) gives damage reduction
2. Normally I get 2m + prot when I bother to guard + taunt, but its rare to have a healer on your team and a very large portion of prot numbers come from the guard.
Whatever, key point was "2 buttons + 2 fingers" and "no gcd".
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
04.17.2019 , 04:01 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I wonder if their healer ever wins?
Probably not because he only heals his own guild and no one else on the team. He does high numbers, but everyone else dies and the team loses.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
Yesterday , 02:14 AM | #43
I Kid you not !

Vandin, VS (still has instant death bug), HB, QB, Vandin (leave), Arena (back fill 3rd round but I’m dead in the respawn), Vandin, QB, CW, HB, QB, Yavin, QB (leave), HB, Vandin, Vandin, QB, stopped queueing...
OMG I just don’t know what I can say that won’t get me squelched from the forums.... SOOOOOO angry... especially because no one tries to win HB anymore

This game has gone to ****. HB pops more than any other map and today it’s 10x worse than normal. People don’t try to win objective pvp anymore and if you try to play it they rage at you or troll you for being a try hard pvper.

Maybe this only happens at the times I can play (so out if prime times) and maybe it’s only on SF. I’m just about done till 6.0. Even then I may not bother because I’ll probably be hooked on another game by September.

Makes me sad that this once fun game is so fundamentally broken on so many levels. From bugs, to bad content, to bad quality, to lack of content, to the community dragging down the game from with in.

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
Yesterday , 05:38 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I Kid you not !

Vandin, VS (still has instant death bug), HB, QB, Vandin (leave), Arena (back fill 3rd round but I’m dead in the respawn), Vandin, QB, CW, HB, QB, Yavin, QB (leave), HB, Vandin, Vandin, QB, stopped queueing...
OMG I just don’t know what I can say that won’t get me squelched from the forums.... SOOOOOO angry... especially because no one tries to win HB anymore

This game has gone to ****. HB pops more than any other map and today it’s 10x worse than normal. People don’t try to win objective pvp anymore and if you try to play it they rage at you or troll you for being a try hard pvper.

Maybe this only happens at the times I can play (so out if prime times) and maybe it’s only on SF. I’m just about done till 6.0. Even then I may not bother because I’ll probably be hooked on another game by September.

Makes me sad that this once fun game is so fundamentally broken on so many levels. From bugs, to bad content, to bad quality, to lack of content, to the community dragging down the game from with in.
It hasn't been that bad for me on SS, but it did make me laugh that there was a premade that kept queueing (healer, tank, 2 dps) but we would win every game matched against them (and lose every one they were on, lol). They had amazing healing out and protection, etc., but couldn't do objectives if their lives depended on it, lol. Once they cleared out the center in Yavin, and I was taking my sniper to guard from the ledge, when I realized ... "No one bothered to actually cap the thing?!!!" Lol. It was sad.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

RACATW's Avatar


RACATW
Yesterday , 06:04 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
It hasn't been that bad for me on SS, but it did make me laugh that there was a premade that kept queueing (healer, tank, 2 dps) but we would win every game matched against them (and lose every one they were on, lol). They had amazing healing out and protection, etc., but couldn't do objectives if their lives depended on it, lol. Once they cleared out the center in Yavin, and I was taking my sniper to guard from the ledge, when I realized ... "No one bothered to actually cap the thing?!!!" Lol. It was sad.
See, that's the thing, I'll type it in caps for any stray dev. THEY WIN BY MISTAKE. (and normally lose)

The point of death matching and farming is to make themselves lose, so that they can deathmatch and farm more, with the same type of people (who dont mind losing and just want numbers). It's abusing the match making system on purpose since its not based on kills.

The only thing that might fix this type of behavior is making 8v8s ranked.

alexzk's Avatar


alexzk
Yesterday , 06:51 PM | #46
I don't get it ..what the point to make nice big numbers after all ? Is it tracked anywhere?
Kills without reason are boring >:
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
Yesterday , 07:02 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
It hasn't been that bad for me on SS, but it did make me laugh that there was a premade that kept queueing (healer, tank, 2 dps) but we would win every game matched against them (and lose every one they were on, lol). They had amazing healing out and protection, etc., but couldn't do objectives if their lives depended on it, lol. Once they cleared out the center in Yavin, and I was taking my sniper to guard from the ledge, when I realized ... "No one bothered to actually cap the thing?!!!" Lol. It was sad.
They wouldn’t happen to be from a guild that started with “pwn........”

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
Yesterday , 07:29 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
I don't get it ..what the point to make nice big numbers after all ? Is it tracked anywhere?
Kills without reason are boring >:
What’s really sad is you can death match and play objectives at the same time. But the noobs don’t understand that and think they need to fight in the middle of no where and not try to win.There is no skill in that. It’s like dummy parsing.

I could do what they do and probably out dps most of them. But I’m busy playing my part as a “team” member and trying to win the game. That means standing at the node while they all fight away from it. I too would like to kill stuff, but I can’t because they don’t bring them to the objective points,

Or cc’ing and delaying people instead of actually killing them. Sometimes not killing them is a better tactic if it helps your team. Ie, don’t kill them in the Void Star tunnel, just stop them getting through long enough to cap the bridge and then you have no opposition between you and the doors.

I spend some of my time dps time keeping people out of combat using delay tactics and stuns/cc’s. But people don’t care that I kept the healer locked up while they smash the dps. They just tell me how **** my dps was.

The icing on the cake is this mentality creeping into matches on SF that if you are an objective player, you are a try hard pvper and should stop queueing because your rubbish? Really? This is the crap I’m experiencing.

What these complete fools don’t realise is it takes more skill to play the objectives and do good numbers. What they do takes no skill. Anyone can farm numbers and if you have a grasp on your class, do fairly well. But not everyone can play objectives and do good numbers.

It seems the lowest skill or brain capacity players have realised they can’t do both. So now they are trash talking people who can, so it deflects from their own inadequacy in skills. They can’t play objective pvp at all and they try to make excuses for it by saying objectives don’t matter and people who play them are try hards. They aren’t good players because a good player can do both.

If they’d been around 4-7 years ago, they would have been laughed out of pvp and told L2P. They would been shown how good players are able to beat them in dps and win at the same time by playing objectives.

Dps score board numbers mean absolutely nothing if you lose every match. If you are losing every match then you are a crap player, especially if you are in a premade. It doesn’t mater if you topped the dps if you lose constantly. It doesn’t make you a good player if you let the guy cap right next to you because you want that solo kill on another player,

What really makes me laugh is when you call them on their bull **** and they challenge you to a 1v1 on a FOTM with 258 augmented gear and you have a weak class in 230 gear.
When you ask them to go to a Rishi strong hold to use that area because it has a Bolster terminal, they refuse or put you on ignore,
Now I don’t even bother because I’ve nothing to prove to these ego maniacs. I don’t need to measure my man hood for inadequacy in real life, because I’ve got no man hood No offence to my male compatriots, but in my experiences, it’s never other females that feel the need to measure ***** or challenge.