More variety in end game gear, please!

halfhourofpower

So many capes, too many! Every endgame piece of gear is the same model of gear recoloured! Sith warrior has fancy differences in tier but not us, why?! As a smuggler I get a cape and a cowboy hat. Always. What, no. I want cool civilian clothes that aren't over the top. Give us variety! Good heavens, I'm so sick of capes and fedora's. RAARRRRGHH. The next tier of gear had better not have anything even remotely similar to a cape and cowboy hat or I swear to god.

From patch 1.2, any orange (custom) appearance in the game will be viable for endgame purposes. Of course there'll be new outfits as well - so these changes together should lead to a very significant amount of variation in endgame, for all classes.

Just to clarify: are you simply restating that mods in end game set gear can be taken out and put into orange gear?

If so, what about the gear's set bonuses? Are there plans to put the set bonuses on the mods instead of the armor pieces themselves so we can port the bonuses over to orange gear?

If not, I'm not sure how viable orange gear will be for end game even with removable mods from end game gear.

They have stated that the set bonuses will be baked into the removable armor mods. They will be made specific for each body/costume part. Thus set bonuses will move. so relief is near... nigh...? :)

I still think they need to allow suitable crafters to add augment slots to armor/clothing/gear bits ON PURPOSE though. that would be a plus...

I also think/suggest social gear should not have a specific "type" light/med/heavy baked into it... till it is bought and bound... and then it should bind to the armor type the class that bought it and is capable of wearing uses. All being light is silly. Yet social gear should remain an option for light users and not have them blocked by setting med and heavy in advance. Why does the fancy outfit even have a 'female' only definition? All of it is gear bought with points of ground scocial points... A person's/player's time spent grinding scocial/space missions is just as viable as anyone elses grinding pvp and ops. It's all just Time spent by a paying customer doingwhat they are most comfortable with or to get that killer outfit they want. ;)

Cheers all!

From patch 1.2, any orange (custom) appearance in the game will be viable for endgame purposes. Of course there'll be new outfits as well - so these changes together should lead to a very significant amount of variation in endgame, for all classes.

While this is indeed a welcome addition to the game, I dont think this is what most ppl mean when they as if there will be new gear. Personally, and im sure there's quite a few out there that share my view, i would love to see more varied set bonus gear, as well as unique non-modded gear, as well as larger stat bonus's on any new gear that may come out via operations. I know if 1.2 comes out and the only thing dropping in the new operation is just more rakata, it will be a gigantic disappointment and a new preorder for Tera...

From patch 1.2, any orange (custom) appearance in the game will be viable for endgame purposes.

I just shed a single tear of joy.

i would love to see more varied set bonus gear, as well as unique non-modded gear, as well as larger stat bonus's on any new gear that may come out via operations.

I'm opposed to high-stat grind-only gear, since that will counter the stated plans to make PvP more skill-based instead of grind-based. If endgame PvP is supposed to remain open to the majority of players including newcomers, there must necessarily be a plateau at some point.

Grind-gear could still give a very (very, very) slight edge, but that'd have to be almost insignificant and hard to balance. More likely, it'd just lead to "omgnoes dat stuff be imba!" whinefests. Maybe consumable items, timed mods, etc.

Edited by Laurreth

I just shed a single tear of joy.

I'm opposed to high-stat grind-only gear, since that will counter the stated plans to make PvP more skill-based instead of grind-based. If endgame PvP is supposed to remain open to the majority of players including newcomers, there must necessarily be a plateau at some point.

Grind-gear could still give a very (very, very) slight edge, but that'd have to be almost insignificant and hard to balance. More likely, it'd just lead to "omgnoes dat stuff be imba!" whinefests. Maybe consumable items, timed mods, etc.

The game is supposed to be more about PVE than PVP though. Getting tired of PVP changes constantly screwing up the PVE scene, and frankly expertise should offset PVE gear by alot since it gives such large bonus's for PVP combat.

I'm seriously considering an update to my gunslinger's RP background. Now that he wears a cape and Julia-Roberts-Pretty-Woman-****** thigh-high boots, I'm thinking about roleplaying him as "Captain Classless" or "Prince Pimp" or "Super Sleazebag" or something more fitting the ridiculous outfit he's forced to wear now that's he's level 50.

I really have no faith in what the yellow type says above. Customization in this game - from character selection choices to outfits - is really, really lacking in comparison to the man hours put into developing this game.

While I love some orange gear, I don't think I will look serious enough with the same chest armor I have from 20lvl..... I need something more epic for 50lvl, that will cry loud hey I am 50lvl! And I dont want to wear coats, I am a smuggler, a star wars character, NOT A DAMN COWBOY

Read the Q&A people!

Bobonar: Will we be able to take the modifications out of our endgame pvp-sets and put them into a set that we like better (design-wise) and keep the bonuses?

Emmanuel Lusinchi: Yes, the set bonus will be carried by Armoring mods that work just like regular mods except that they only fit into specific types of items, such as chest items or boots items. So, for example, the set bonus from a chest piece can be moved to another chest piece, and the set bonus from a helmet can be moved to another helmet.

While I love some orange gear, I don't think I will look serious enough with the same chest armor I have from 20lvl..... I need something more epic for 50lvl, that will cry loud hey I am 50lvl! And I dont want to wear coats, I am a smuggler, a star wars character, NOT A DAMN COWBOY

ok then how bout a costume like han solo.

i want a whole lot of sets in game.

i don't mean sets i mean designs from drops as i run round and i look excatly the same as the next random person of my class.

i know they wanted you to look like your class but would a little variety help, how many inquisitors i've seem opf various levels with the same designed cloaks, belts, helms..

same with jedi's yes some has some armor on it but ... they are all clones.. same looking from one to the next, why not have diffrent color robes at least.

nmot every inquisitor wants to look black/red while leveling i bleedin' well don't

Just to clarify: are you simply restating that mods in end game set gear can be taken out and put into orange gear?

If so, what about the gear's set bonuses? Are there plans to put the set bonuses on the mods instead of the armor pieces themselves so we can port the bonuses over to orange gear?

If not, I'm not sure how viable orange gear will be for end game even with removable mods from end game gear.

i can't talk for all classes but for some of them the set boni are absurdly useless. the pve set ones are totally a waste for my sage and the 2 items set bonus of the pvp one is just a nice gimmick. i would prefer looking good.

The game is supposed to be more about PVE than PVP though. Getting tired of PVP changes constantly screwing up the PVE scene, and frankly expertise should offset PVE gear by alot since it gives such large bonus's for PVP combat.

1. why should it be more pve than pvp? considering that the pvp forums is more active and you find faster people for pvp-ing than for a 4 man fp i doubt most people agree with you

2. you ALWAYS need to blance first for pvp, no matter if the game is firstly pve intended or not! ther eason is simple: you can easily fix any pve balance issues caused by pvp changes in the Enviroment (the E in pvE). but you cannot do this for pvp!

never ever take pve into account when considering pvp changes. you can fix any issues pve related elsewhere but you can't fix pvp changes elswhere but on the classes and their dynamics!

That goes both ways, and PvE can be fun without escalating gear to kingdom come (even more so, since it keeps "lower-end" content challenging).

What about set bonuses? I worked really hard to get my pve sets and can't stand the appearance of the armor. Are you attaching the setbonuses to the armoring? Something like Columi warleader gloves on the gloves armoring or tionese warleader greaves on the leggings armoring.

If customization doesn't include porting over sets, then I'm still kinda screwed...

edit: Oh I see, good... good...

Edited by Noyjitat

So many capes, too many! Every endgame piece of gear is the same model of gear recoloured! Sith warrior has fancy differences in tier but not us, why?! As a smuggler I get a cape and a cowboy hat. Always. What, no. I want cool civilian clothes that aren't over the top. Give us variety! Good heavens, I'm so sick of capes and fedora's. RAARRRRGHH. The next tier of gear had better not have anything even remotely similar to a cape and cowboy hat or I swear to god.

While I like the cowboy look I'm tired of seeing power and accuracy on the gear. I'd like to keep my current crit + surge level (since I'm near the soft cap) while adding power, not replacing the crit + surge entirely with only a paltry amount from the scattergun and pants.

Sorry and your idea of diversity is not going to work for the simple fact that Orange Gear with mods will always be < PVP Gear.

Give us an appearance tab and allow a player to use any wearables of choice for appearance. Then we will have diversity.

I'm seriously considering an update to my gunslinger's RP background. Now that he wears a cape and Julia-Roberts-Pretty-Woman-****** thigh-high boots, I'm thinking about roleplaying him as "Captain Classless" or "Prince Pimp" or "Super Sleazebag" or something more fitting the ridiculous outfit he's forced to wear now that's he's level 50..

Please, PLEASE do NOT complain about how you look, I'm a Consular... Nuff said :p

Sorry and your idea of diversity is not going to work for the simple fact that Orange Gear with mods will always be < PVP Gear.

Give us an appearance tab and allow a player to use any wearables of choice for appearance. Then we will have diversity.

then we will have a "Barbie dress up game" :confused:

one of the points of playing pve heroics-flashpoints etc is to get loot and not only because of their stats BUT their looks too!!

i love it when i go through a flashpoint from which i dont expect any new/stronger gear to drop BUT then i get a similar to my current gear item BUT whith different design (color etc)

:rolleyes:

one of the point of searching for armors in pve and also going to Global marketplace is to find better looking armors than your current one, even if they are the same-similar stats.

if we get "an appearance tab and allow a player to use any wearables of choice for appearance" then the whole point of armor searching either in PVE or Marketplace will be gone