Sorcerer Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

EricMusco

The changes to sorc look more and more promising as things are tested/ ironed out.

But Eric, please consider taking Volt Rush -or at the least the first initial Volt Rush (from the three one can cast) off the global cooldown and make it an ability we can activate in conjunction with another attack. That would be a great adjustment to build it in rotationally into madness and lightning as a more potent filler as well as allow corruption sorc to contribute to dps in harder content without sacrificing on healing. Given that Volt Rush particularly the first one does less damage than either Lightning Strike or Lightning Bolt that makes sense to do and allow us to integrate it into our rotations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated the Sorc thread to include 4 and 6 pc bonuses from the next round of PTS.

-eric

I see you guys decided to make a new range class fotm in addition to merc. You want to ruin pvp and loose your subs since sins get useless set bonuses and tacticals like using phantom stride while in stealth buffs discharge (lol who will use close up ability in stealth), mara gets mad dash critical hit while in camouflage (no comments at all) but yeah sorc gets damage buff in big percentages and sorcs tacticals even look extended (one + one + one) lol.

Volt Flux - Volt Rush triggers Lightning Storm when activated. Chain Lightning spreads the Energized effect and causes your next Volt Rush to arc to nearby targets.

Like 3 effects lol ls proc + spreading effect of energize + making volt rush possible on other targets

Ruthless Demolition - Demolish deals 20% more damage on initial hit. Additionally, under Polarity Shift, Demolish resets the cooldown of Force Leech, and causes the next Force Leech to activate instantly.

HUGE DAMAGE buff+ reset cool down + making instant

DEvs when you will finally learn that making new fotm class ruins the game and makes people unsub. If i see sorcs recking all ranked arena and everyone swapping to playing sorcs i will unsub first

Edited by bladech

• 1 month later...

I see you guys tweaked Gathering Storm a bit in the last patch. And the tactical(s?) on Lightning.

I think the changes are great -they balance the two sorc/sage dps classes well against one another and the buff to damage in the gathering storm set really addresses the burst damage windows on both specs, which was a weak point of sorcerers from the prior nerfs in 5.0 etc.

EDIT: if you are going to have force speed buff a force attack by 20% in the gathering storm set, can you somehow make it not apply to dots....because my dots are eating up the buff on either spec before I get Death Field / Leech / Thunderblast or whatever off after hitting force speed. That is the only criticism to how that set works. Thanks.

Edited by ottffsse

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

Thank you for the lighting sorc overall approach. It is much more than my expectations regarding single target & aoe choices. i feel i can actually play 'the way i want'.

Some calibration may be necessary ( i.e utilities categories) but it's a great start for 6.0 and much better than 5.0.

Madness needs rework, set bonus , single damage boost, dots, dcs. It will be a no go spec especially on pve.

Live server feels so boring, after pts is down now.

Regards,

Pan

With the last tacticals and set bonus adjustments that were on the pts I feel madness dps is pretty competitive compared to the rest of the ranged dps field, but yes defensives are a concern - especially passive ones that allow you to maintain that potential competitive dps while not dying as your hots don't scale well at all to offset incoming damage. I ran Dxun sm for instance several times - with lightning, madness, marksman and virulence specs. On the big trash pulls lightning, and the sniper specs fared better than madness once I drew aggro and could continue to dps under some pressure while the madness sorc kind of melted after using their bubble cloud mind and even a medpac.