apparently my system doesnt have the proper requirements

Keivi_Chfar

when i tried playing the video was very jumpy it seemed as though everything else was working smoothly. its like, when i tried moving at first nothing happened but then the character would jump to another spot. lol

here's the game requirements:

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

Windows XP/Vista/7

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB

Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB

PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB RAM

Graphics Card:

ATI X1800 or better*

nVidia 7800 or better*

Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*

DVD-ROM:

8x or better

*Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.

i have a dell inspiron N7010 with windows 7

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz 2.53GHz

RAM: 6GB

Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics (Core i5)

i get the feeling my problem might be with the graphics card but i want a more knowledgeable opinion.

i have a dell inspiron N7010 with windows 7

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz 2.53GHz

RAM: 6GB

Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics (Core i5)

i get the feeling my problem might be with the graphics card but i want a more knowledgeable opinion.

Just from a bit of basic research on that particular system, it appears that you're pretty much stuck with the video you have. The video card in most laptops (apparently including this particular model) are hard-wired into the system board and shouldn't be replaced outside of the factory, even if it could be done. (Doing so will invalidate any remaining warranty you might have and you run a huge risk of turning the laptop into a very expensive paperweight.)

people telling you to buy a gfx card dont realize you're using a laptop..

you're not going to be able to add a gfx card to your laptop, end of story..

you only have 2 solutions as it stands right now..

1) wait for 1.1.5 (as someone else said, it should be coming out next patch, but nothing deffinate at the moment) and see if the newly implemented "very low" shader option will lower graphics quality enough for your system to cope

2) get a new PC (preferably a desktop, but some latops will work ok)

as you said, you're short on cash, option 2 is probably not viable for you.. stick it out a few more days, hopefully the 1.1.5 patch will come out and it will allow you to run the game.

You can usually get discrete graphics cards for laptops that will plug into the PC-card slot (PCMCIA for the older generation like me) and will be an upgrade on the on-board graphics card.

At least, that is the theory. In practice, I have not seen a PC-card graphics card for sale for quite some time, and when I was seeing them, they were significantly more expensive than comparable cards for desktop systems. With the power and heat-dissipation requirements of modern graphics chipsets, I strongly suspect the PC-card graphics card is not considered a viable-enough upgrade option for most companies to offer it for sale.

Yep, it's the graphics card. Figure out how much you have to spend and then check Tiger, Newegg, and Amazon for who can give you the most bang for your buck.

Edit: Just noticed that you were playing a laptop. You're pretty much stuck with what you have, which means to play this you'll need a new system. Do yourself a favor and get a desktop so you can upgrade more easily for games.

Edited by RobNightfall

there you have it, 1.1.5 is out..

on my laptop, i went from 15-25 fps, to 40-50 fps by enabling "very low" shader mode..

so give it a shot, you can change gfx prefrences from the character select screen, if you cant get into game world to change settings.

im so glad we get a "very low" shader option, its going to make it soooo much easier to play at work now, on my laptop

thanks BIOWARE!