Never Have I Seen A Game With Such Crap PvP

oblongship

As the title states, the pvp in this game is garbage...

And what ticks me off about it isn't the imbalance or a lot of the other stuff people complain about.

It's the bugs, the un-polished severe lack of production value.

There are so many bugs that any person who has never even played a MMO could spot and yet Biofail claims to have an entire QA department to test this game for them.

I find myself raging with this game more than I do having fun and it is due to all the stupid bugs in the game, and no I won't quit because I have friends that play and I enjoy hanging out with them, but even that is becoming less and less often as more of them bail on the game.

Anyways /rant off

Fanboys flame away.

For me its just sorta boring and overdone.

Instead of the lumber mill and farm, we have turrets. yay.

Granted, Hutball is a bit different, but overall, its just another Battleground with capture the thing.

But, no worries RATED Warzones are on the way for something different, wild and crazy...

Sweet! :rolleyes:

Edited by Tic-

As the title states, the pvp in this game is garbage...

And what ticks me off about it isn't the imbalance or a lot of the other stuff people complain about.

It's the bugs, the un-polished severe lack of production value.

There are so many bugs that any person who has never even played a MMO could spot and yet Biofail claims to have an entire QA department to test this game for them.

I find myself raging with this game more than I do having fun and it is due to all the stupid bugs in the game, and no I won't quit because I have friends that play and I enjoy hanging out with them, but even that is becoming less and less often as more of them bail on the game.

Anyways /rant off

Fanboys flame away.

vanish lawls

I love stunning people with first shoot just to see them port 30m away and slowly return when my stun runs out so i waste the time i need to get my rotation going, but i know this is a Bioware feature to save thier fellow Imps.

Agree with the OP.

Beside the obvious, glaring issues, it's the random bugs out of nowhere that annoy me to no end.

Today I solo queued from Ilum and entered.

Huttball loading screen but at the end I got the title splashscreen for a second and the game minimized to desktop.

I re-opened the game, same thing again: title splashscreen and game minimized.

Re-opened it once more and I'm finally in the warzone, with 12 seconds before getting kicked.

Surely enough, I get kicked, but I find myself not in Ilum, but in the *********** fleet.

Not sure if this is a common bug, but I never had it before.

Three months after release I'd expect OLD bugs to get fixed, not NEW bugs appearing out of nowhere.

OK Firstly I love this game it has brought a new way of playing MMO's to teh fore and I enjoy it whether I am in a group or playing solo.

That Said, The end Game content is lacking in the PVP realm.. I really think that the WAR needs to be accentuated with a purpose... A REASON to be out there killing other players. I think there needs to be physical objectives that we as players should be able to take and hold. ALA DAOC and Warhammer.

That also being said I think this game should borrow some of those ideas from Those games and make them its own. As a player I would like to see Guild Levels a Purpose to be in a clan, so that the Clan "FEELS" like they are progressing as a single group. Hey we leveled as a unit we are getting better at this level we can do this... Lets all work toward that goal type of thing.

Most people will grown and site Wow Guild levels, but as an avid MMO Player I will tell you WOW bastardized and STOLE the entire Guild level Idea from Warhammer. I think that Bioware needs to pick the brain of some of the people they brought from Mythic for some of these gaming ideas.

I also would like to see a Sidekick feature implemented. Where if my new friend that I keep selling this game to actually goes out and drops his hard earned money on. I don't have to stand around waiting on him/her to get to my level before we can hang out or help each other.

ALl in all if this game implemented Sidekicking and Guild Levels and PVP warzone Objectives it will be very awesome.

As it stands I can't tell my guild members from anyone else besides a tiny little Guild name under my name splashed in neon above.

Someone said the name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back.

I would like to see some Objectives put in the game, and when we take it Our Regalia can fly on it so all know MY GUILD took that.

Lets see some real content guys I know EA pushed this game out too fast but here are some ideas that I think will make my stay here a long and prosperous one.

Never have I seen so many people hate a game for various reasons and still find the time to come to the game's official forums to express their hatred of said game.

Well adjusted people would just hate the game, dismiss it and go play something else.

On second thought...do those kinds of people even exist?

Time to go find a Human forum and go express my hatred for humanity by starting a thread called "Never have I seen a planet with such crap inhabitants."

Agree with the OP.

Beside the obvious, glaring issues, it's the random bugs out of nowhere that annoy me to no end.

Today I solo queued from Ilum and entered.

Huttball loading screen but at the end I got the title splashscreen for a second and the game minimized to desktop.

I re-opened the game, same thing again: title splashscreen and game minimized.

Re-opened it once more and I'm finally in the warzone, with 12 seconds before getting kicked.

Surely enough, I get kicked, but I find myself not in Ilum, but in the *********** fleet.

Not sure if this is a common bug, but I never had it before.

Three months after release I'd expect OLD bugs to get fixed, not NEW bugs appearing out of nowhere.

why you complaining about everyone get a free fleetpass with no CD?

Never have I seen so many people hate a game for various reasons and still find the time to come to the game's official forums to express their hatred of said game.

Well adjusted people would just hate the game, dismiss it and go play something else.

On second thought...do those kinds of people even exist?

Time to go find a Human forum and go express my hatred for humanity by starting a thread called "Never have I seen a planet with such crap inhabitants."

You are right, staying quiet and not expressing that we as the community don't like something on the games official forums that the developers read and could use to help make the community happy is a MUCH better choice.

I mean why should the devs know how the community feels, we should all just stay quiet and hate the game in peace then leave when we can't take anymore.

Considering how new this game is, I'd counter your suggestion and say PvP is pretty rock solid.

It needs some polish and a few extra options etc, but its good fun and will only get better. Maybe don't log for a few months and then come back.

You are right, staying quiet and not expressing that we as the community don't like something on the games official forums that the developers read and could use to help make the community happy is a MUCH better choice.

I mean why should the devs know how the community feels, we should all just stay quiet and hate the game in peace then leave when we can't take anymore.

theres a difference between letting the devs know whats wrong with the game and qqing in CAPS like a giant child, screaming and yelling about this and that, fix this, change that, do it or i quit, your game sucks BW, and so on and so on.

if i worked for BW i would completely ignore those types of threads, in favor of the more constructive ones where people actually talk about the problems, not just cry and scream about them.

What bugs are you encountering in PVP? My game is pretty smooth. Maybe you brought a broken version? :confused:

Also as far as MMOs go, WoW pvp is probably the most balanced competitive pvp the genre has to offer.

I always laugh at the DAOC players that claim the pvp was so balanced and true skill, when in reality it was just a zerg like all open world pvp.

Sure, it may have been fun but if you want balanced pvp, it can never happen in an environment that is completely random. I wouldn't expect the average MMO player to understand that though :p

What bugs are you encountering in PVP? My game is pretty smooth. Maybe you brought a broken version? :confused:

Also as far as MMOs go, WoW pvp is probably the most balanced competitive pvp the genre has to offer.

I always laugh at the DAOC players that claim the pvp was so balanced and true skill, when in reality it was just a zerg like all open world pvp.

Sure, it may have been fun but if you want balanced pvp, it can never happen in an environment that is completely random. I wouldn't expect the average MMO player to understand that though :p

Frost mages say hi - but snares on every quick button and infinite control with ridiculous burst is balanced.

Edited by Stayfrawsty

I've seen some exploits (not being able to interrupt people at doors) and some overqueuing, but that's it. No "unintentional" bugs that I've been able to see. Oh, and Voidstar defenders sometimes getting in too late and being trapped behind the barrier at the start of the match.

Other than that, I'm not really sure where everyone's seeing this huge amount of them. Also, I also don't have any problems with lag, though on some days some latency issues...

The only thing that might make it "crap PVP" in my eyes is the amount of CC, but despite that it's still enjoyable for me. My favorite thing to do in this game actually.

Am I the only one who doesn't see this supposed swarm of bugs?

Edited by Stenrik