Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

KeithKanneg

Really? In BH story class Kellian Jarro and Ayor-v9 handed my a** to me because my DPS was so low even if i was one level above them. Heroic gear, green modded weapons from Fleet, no buffs from other classes except mine because i'm a beginner, no high rank influence with Mako because of no money.. Ah, and the rotation from dulfy.net . Still they hit me for 400 dmg, i hit them for 120 dmg and one, just one 400 crit hit. Not to mention Ki'Ta Kren , he mopped the floor with yours truly , again cause my dps was extremely low. So tell me again how " you soloed all your class missions,didn't died once and everything was PERFECT" , cause i don't believe you.

You could do some heroics and claim some blue gear that drops from the crates. Other way is lieveling your influence with Mako (Just go to the vendor on the fleet that sells companion gifts). Another option is to use heroic moment during a tough fight (legacy ability) and lastly read a few guides for your class, they actually give good tips on how to improve your gamestyle and what perks are useful.

Vanilla story doesn't have impossible fights, some can be tricky If you don't know what abillity you should interrupt during the fight.

I hope you'll find these tips useful, have fun!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a good thing they nerved DPS a bit. This game is way to simpel on storymode. Sit back and let your companion heal you through everything. If we want to teach people to play harder (group)content we should make the game more of a challenge (not like dark souls difficulty though:p)

Like someone else said, the changes make no big deal for story mode content, it will still be simple. Story mode is made for people who want to experience the story without worrying about gear or optimal rotations. I know cause I did that for over a year when I started playing on release, and planetary stuff and story mode stuff was arguably harder than it is now (well if you didn't overlevel a planet/FP, then it was easy, but SM ops were definitely harder). There is no DPS check whatsoever in story mode. If people want to get a challenge do MM FPs, then HM ops, then NiM ops.

My complaint really is in the NiM mode setting. Personal example: early 2017 I join and form a new raid group that goes through the normal rotation of people leaving and joining until we stabilize around March. Group starts to prog hard bosses of HM content (HM MnB for example), then eventually moves to NiM. More than half the group doesn't have much NiM experience, so we progress slowly through fights, but advance at a steady pace. We have around half the NiM bosses down (and pretty much on farm) and HM Tyth on farm when 5.3 drops. We lose around 2k DPS and a bunch of heals (merc and sniper DPS, sorc heal). Really frustrating to go back to square 1 when it comes to optimizing DPS in fights like EC tanks and bestia. We even start wiping at 2-3% on Tyth.

Yes we can probably work on gear (not many are CXP level 300), strats and skill, but wiping all night on a boss we killed every week for 1-2 months isn't our idea of fun. My personal experience is also the case of other groups I know, and probably the case of less experience groups in HM content. Changing the skill level required to kill bosses this much months into an update doesn't work. And we all know lethality and carnage nerfs are coming, so this isn't good news for our other two DPS (op and mara).

Edited by Eloi_BG

Really? In BH story class Kellian Jarro and Ayor-v9 handed my a** to me because my DPS was so low even if i was one level above them. Heroic gear, green modded weapons from Fleet, no buffs from other classes except mine because i'm a beginner, no high rank influence with Mako because of no money.. Ah, and the rotation from dulfy.net . Still they hit me for 400 dmg, i hit them for 120 dmg and one, just one 400 crit hit. Not to mention Ki'Ta Kren , he mopped the floor with yours truly , again cause my dps was extremely low. So tell me again how " you soloed all your class missions,didn't died once and everything was PERFECT" , cause i don't believe you.

If you are having any trouble with the class missions at all then 100% you are the problem and not your class. You should be able to basic attack your way through that.

Yes lol, if you have your companion set to heals there isnt really any excuse for dying even once from a class mission other than being bad. Which isnt a bad thing btw, class content is what you do when you first start the game so it's fine to not be the best player when you do it but don't try and blame it on your class or the 5% less damage it does after a nerf.

The class stories are simple now. I did some of them (Consular, Inquisitor, and Smuggler) at launch and some of the bosses were very difficult and back then I did die.

Now I have redone some of the class and made new ones and they are a piece of cake for me. The class missions are not difficult anymore. They are easy. You can easily get the other buffs from another player as most players run around throwing out their buffs on players that don't have them, I know I do. Even a Rank 1 companion can do well on the class stories.

The class stories are simple now. I did some of them (Consular, Inquisitor, and Smuggler) at launch and some of the bosses were very difficult and back then I did die.

Now I have redone some of the class and made new ones and they are a piece of cake for me. The class missions are not difficult anymore. They are easy. You can easily get the other buffs from another player as most players run around throwing out their buffs on players that don't have them, I know I do. Even a Rank 1 companion can do well on the class stories.

They are so easy it's boring and certainly not satisfying when you come up against your last class Boss encounter and you can walk over them now.

It's this sort of dumbing down that takes away the enjoyment of actually achieving something.

Make sure you put your companion on healing 😉

They are so easy it's boring and certainly not satisfying when you come up against your last class Boss encounter and you can walk over them now.

It's this sort of dumbing down that takes away the enjoyment of actually achieving something.

The only one that still gives people problems is the Consular one and that is only if you don't know what an interrupt is and don't interrupt the cave collapse ability on the final boss (and I have ran across some on Corellia that don't know what an interrupt is)

It appears the big question that the roadmap needs to answer is why should I spend my time (to a greater extend) and money (to a lesser extent) in game.

Obviously the answer is cause its fun or cause I want to. But what is the lure that makes TOR better than other ways to spend my free time.

The Story - Sadly any class identity has been lost, faction identity lost, most companions lost and realistically any history of our hero lost. Now in an ideal world when the Sith Warrior learnt that Valkorian was the Sith Emperor, if choices had been made that Baras was an imperial prisoner a scene visiting your old master to find out what he knew would seem obvious. But nothing, the current story was designed as if anyone coming to the game would not want to play their class story and use a token making it feel like a spin off devoid of any depth.

The combat PvE - Compared to many games it is some what slow and awkward, more inline with cool downs and hacking away till the mob dies. Not to be considered challenging, push enough gifts on your companion put them on heal mode and short of setting out to die your pretty much invulnerable to everything you will met on normal gameplay (unless your companion bugs out)

The PvP - Horribly marginalized as a separate mini game, after battling the evil galactic republic for 3 turrets on Alderaan you queue up again and your fighting over those same 3 bloody turrets again. Loot and Valor is the only impact it will have on the game and GSF doesn't even have valor. Made even worse by most participants believing their class/group/gear sucks and its not fair and need massive amounts of balance, removal of premades or bolster to 250 for PvP to be worth playing.

The End Game - Mostly this appears to be Operations and PvP. While an attempt through CXP was made to open up end game to play your way this then made it a horribly grind that ultimately provided a random assortment of junk with a very low chance of getting something worthwhile. But none of this really brings much to the game as its likely all of it will be replaced if there is to be any more tiers of galactic command and at this point gearing for gearings sake. Gear up to 242 so in August you can play through a flashpoint in the hope of getting better gear so that in 3 months time when there is any new content your healer companion can take a break!

Like I said in Gyro's thread and elsewhere, and what many are saying everywhere on forums. Please don't nerf DPS more. This is breaking PVE progression. NiM Might be easier than you wish it was (but let's be honest I think it's at a good level, well pre 5.3), but we are more than 6 months into an expansion. Your DPS target is too low and you have to bring classes down too much, unless DPS checks are also changed, people will be back to wiping on bosses they used to kill easily and will quit.

I completely disagree.

What BioWare did was to adjust classes in accordance to their stated DPS goal. And the goal was to equal out the effective DPS among all classes without changing the average DPS. That's why they buffed the DPS of Pyrotech, Hatred & Madness and left the DPS of Adv. Prototype, Marksmanship, Lightning, Deception, Vengeance, Rage and Annihilation untouched.

And this makes your reply actually very suspicious, especially due to the fact that you explicitly focus yourself on the changes to come.

I.e. although 11 out of 18 DPS specs will end up either in the same or better position, you didn't take your time to back up your assertion that this balance patch breaks PvE progression. Even worse, you also claim that the remaining 3 nerfs would be unjustified before even knowing the concrete changes and without putting these classes into context of the other ones.

So at least for me, you didn't manage to dispel the doubts that your statement isn't purely in favor of your preferred spec... and that you don't just want to retain broken FOTM classes.

To put it in a more general way: Class balance is based on 2 important aspects:

• overall balance in regard of each type of content provided
  • class-to-class & spec-to-spec balance

In order to reject a class balance in general - like you did - you would have to prove why one aspect outweights the other and to show that there is no other way to balance both aspects, in other words, you would have to show that a complete rejection is the only cause of action.

See, if you would have proven that BioWare's goal to boost underperforming specs and nerfing overperforming ones is unjustified, if you would have been more specific about what spec, what challenges or what bosses are critical and the base of your argumentation, or if you would have provided potential alternatives, it would have been easier to verify your claim.

In other words, if the class balace patch fixes class-to-class issues, and NIM operations would be the only problematic part, all it would take is to release a new tier of gear. And should HM and SM modes be problematic as well, BioWare would have to make every class easier to play rather than fiddling around with 1~2 skills per spec.

But a bit more about my point of view:

class-to-class balance

Personally, I would have given each spec the same DPS goal. I've yet to see any prove that sustained specs and melee classes have a noticable drawback in operations and that this disadvantage in roughly a 5% DPS loss (or a 10% DPS loss for melee sustained specs). The data we have actually indicates the opposite, so the only arguments that were brought up was to deny the correctness of this data.

In this regard, BioWare didn't really bring up any prove or any more details either. F.e. they could have posted a metric showing the DPS differences. That way, most of the angry reponses this forum has seen could have been prevented.

overall balance of the SM / HM / NIM modes

Here, it's IMO way more important to check which boss fight causes the problems. In case of an boss-specific issue, changing the enrage timer f.e. would be one of the easiest tasks. Increasing the DPS of all tank specs another option to raise the combined DPS score of the team. In case of class-specific issues, analysing the performance of each spec would allow for dedicated fixes and could even reveal whether these points cause any problems in other situations as well, i.e. in chapters, flashpoints or PvP.

Edited by realleaftea

You can't vote for freedom of speech or invite others to speak freely, if you expect only pleasing responses. Most games are emotional and so are the responses. It's the same no matter if it's about a real-life sports match or a digitial second life.

Belittling people is not exercising free speech, it's just wrong!

What BioWare did was to adjust classes in accordance to their stated DPS goal. And the goal was to equal out the effective DPS among all classes without changing the average DPS. That's why they buffed the DPS of Pyrotech, Hatred & Madness and left the DPS of Adv. Prototype, Marksmanship, Lightning, Deception, Vengeance, Rage and Annihilation untouched.

Ok let's look at changes real quick:

- Viru lost 1k DPS

- Engi lost 700 DPS

- IO lost 500 DPS

- Arsenal lost 1,2k DPS

- Hatred gained 400 DPS (most sins still use deception on every fight cause buff not big enough)

- Madness gained 300 DPS

- Pyro gained 600 DPS (AP is still the place to go, this might be a buff for a few fights but not an overall buff)

Please explain to me how this is not a overall nerf to DPS in general.

Also, realistically, there is no way the Carnage and Lethality changes aren't nerfs. And both will most likely be substantial. Concealment, pretty sure it will be a small nerf, but I might be wrong. Either way it should be small. Fury will have a decent buff, but not big enough to compensate the carnage nerf in a NiM environment.

Also, yes my post has a personal tone to it, because I talk about what I experiment and see in the game. Yes I am biased and will cry out more when the specs my group plays are affected, because I can see the consequences more. Changes an be very abstract until you actually experiment them. In my group we have a merc DPS, a sniper DPS, a mara DPS and an op DPS. 5.3 hit us hard, and 5.4 will hit us again. But I know this isn't only me it affects, a lot more groups are getting hit because mara, merc and sniper are the three most popular DPS classes right now.

Free speech isn't about what's right or wrong. And I'm not saying inappropriate manners are worth striving for, but it's foolish to believe every post will be objective, elaborate and exilarating. And to quote some good advises:

I really liked the outline of the Criticism article and for those who haven't had a chance to read it, here's the bullets:

• Everyone who dislikes your work is right
  • The criticism that is useful is that which helps you do it better
  • Nothing’s perfect
  • You often have to choose between your ideals and your message
  • You have to dig to get the gold
  • Good feedback is detailed
  • People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous
  • Someone asked for feedback will always find something wrong
  • Good work may not have an audience
  • Any feedback that comes with suggestions for improvement is awesome
  • If you agree with the criticism, say “thank you.” If you disagree, say “fair enough,” and “thank you"
  • You are not your work
Edited by realleaftea

Ok let's look at changes real quick:

- Viru lost 1k DPS

- Engi lost 700 DPS

- IO lost 500 DPS

- Arsenal lost 1,2k DPS

- Hatred gained 400 DPS (most sins still use deception on every fight cause buff not big enough)

- Madness gained 300 DPS

- Pyro gained 600 DPS (AP is still the place to go, this might be a buff for a few fights but not an overall buff)

Please explain to me how this is not a overall nerf to DPS in general.

How did you get these numbers? If I use parsely:

Virulence

1.5m dummy: 9404.63 => 9169.6 = a loss of 235 DPS

2.5m dummy: 9697.87 => 9436.25 = a loss of 262 DPS

Engineering

1.5m dummy: 9515.19 => 9183.66 = a loss of 332 DPS

2.5m dummy: 9576.95 => 9346.64 = a loss of 230 DPS

Innovative Ordnance

1.5m dummy: 9449.39 => 9153.33 = a loss of 296 DPS

2.5m dummy: 9707.62 => 9404.17 = a loss of 303 DPS

Arsenal

1.5m dummy: 9103.3 => 8703.4 = a loss of 400 DPS

2.5m dummy: 9052.59 => 8525.02 = a loss of 527 DPS

And so on. But that aside, when I referrring to 'the average DPS', I wasn't even pointing to the individual dummy results, but to the fact that BioWare didn't nerf the gear or anything else that would result in a lower DPS for all classes. In other words, as long as you consider the average across all class constellations, there isn't a negative impact. If your team consists of Sorcerers and Pyrotechs things get easier, if your team consists of Mandos and non-Marksman snipers, it might get more difficult.

And as I've said, only 4 out of 18 sepcs were nerfed with 5.3, all of them had an above average DPS ranking and 5.4 will only affect the 3 remaining top scoring specs.

So sure, if you're one of those guys who only plays a FOTM class and your operation team only consists of the most broken classes, you will experience a certain DPS loss. But if you're willing and capable to extend your point of view onto every other team that might not consist of FOTM classes, there's absolutely no reason that would justify that an overperforming team complains that BioWare did fix classes with 5.3, tried to make sure that every class has a chance to shine and will continue to balance the remaining classes in 5.4.

Also, realistically, there is no way the Carnage and Lethality changes aren't nerfs. And both will most likely be substantial. Concealment, pretty sure it will be a small nerf, but I might be wrong. Either way it should be small. Fury will have a decent buff, but not big enough to compensate the carnage nerf in a NiM environment.

This only has an impact on teams with a Carnage or Lethality player. And once again, BioWare just plans to lower their DPS to the score every other spec of the same category has, in order to give every spec a chance.

Also, yes my post has a personal tone to it, because I talk about what I experiment and see in the game. Yes I am biased and will cry out more when the specs my group plays are affected, because I can see the consequences more.

Changes can be very abstract until you actually experience them. In my group we have a merc DPS, a sniper DPS, a mara DPS and an op DPS. 5.3 hit us hard, and 5.4 will hit us again. But I know this isn't only me it affects, a lot more groups are getting hit because mara, merc and sniper are the three most popular DPS classes right now.

No, what you did was to put your selfish interest above the interest of others.

You didn't state that your team consists of the most overperforming classes, you didn't state that "what many are saying everywhere on forums" meant only those teams who also consist purely out of FOTM classes, you didn't state that nerfing Lethality and Carnage would be fair in regard of a class-to-class balance, you didn't state that you want other classes to have it as easy as your team had it before 5.3 and you didn't state that the following class balances will be fine as long as the NIM operations would be easier to master (f.e. by making NIM crystals easier to craft).

What you did was to state that BioWare should stop in midst of the class balance because it would affect you and your team.

Edited by realleaftea

Snip

For people that are not realleaftee, TLDR at the end

I guess you didn't understand my point, but first I'll answer your post:

First point, I did an average of the top parses of each spec on Live and 5.2.2 on parsely. Also from my personal experience (I play both merc and sniper) those numbers seemed accurate so I didn't dig deeper. I have no idea where your numbers come from on parsely tho, but they do help me see that I shouldn't take your opinion seriously cause all the serious raiders I have talked to since 5.3 seem to agree with those numbers I posted.

Second point, the average means sum divided by cardinality. So looking at my numbers that means that the average DPS numbers went down by 2.1k/18 specs = 117 DPS. So yes the average went down. All that is kinda irrelevant (it would be relevant if groups had like 20 DPS in them and an average meant something, but with 4 it doesn't), but I just wanted to show what you are saying is false.

Third point, I would very much like to meet a team progging nim fights for the first time composed of only PT and sorc DPS.

Fourth point, apart from arsenal, which was a bit too good, none of the classes were broken (we are talking PVE here, so who cares about "three lives"), especially since they fixed reflects. Getting NiM clears was still more challenging than in 4.0 (or so I heard, I didn't do much NiM in 4.0), and in a good place. Yes some people killed all NiM bosses in the first two weeks, but you should read Mac's post about it, and know it's not difficulty that was the issue there.

Fifth point, I love how you say "this only impacts [something]". Mercs, snipers, maras, operatives are just like 72% of the DPS in ops now according to ixparse. Well maybe more like only 65% are affected cause I guess a few mara don't play carnage at all and a few snipers only play MM. Still.

Sixth point: "if you're one of those guys who only plays a FOTM". Lol.

Seventh point, let's go through the part where you say all the stuff I didn't say. I am sorry your capacity to understand someone else's post is not very good, but I'll walk you through it. There is a bunch of stuff I didn't say because they aren't relevant to my point. For example, I didn't say "I killed Arcann in KOTET cause I hate him". I am all for class balance and their methodology (range vs melee, burst vs sustained) makes sense. However, if you took the time to read other posts I referred too (cause I don't like repeating the same details everywhere), you'd realize I had a few suggestions, like reducing the magic 5%, and have a DPS target that is higher that what they are aiming for (5.3 nerfs should have been smaller, and buffs bigger).

But what seemed to be totally out of your grasp, and I'm sorry I didn't spell it out well enough and (wrongly) assumed people would understand is: "Your DPS target is too low and you have to bring classes down too much". Oh wait, I am quoting myself, guess I did spell it out. I am not asking for them to leave classes in the unbalanced state they are now, I am asking them to revert part of the changes and balance them around a higher DPS target. From decent suggestions other people have posted since my post, I have come to realize reducing the HP of some bosses would also be a way to make it work.

TLDR Basically me quoting myself about the fact the DPS target is too low for NiM content and the nerfs are destroying the progression some groups made. If you wanted NiM to be harder don't do it 6+ months into an update. Also me telling realleaftea his comments are irrelevant, he didn't understand at all what I meant and he invented some intentions I didn't have (like saying I didn't want fair class balance).

If you are having any trouble with the class missions at all then 100% you are the problem and not your class. You should be able to basic attack your way through that.

Yes lol, if you have your companion set to heals there isnt really any excuse for dying even once from a class mission other than being bad. Which isnt a bad thing btw, class content is what you do when you first start the game so it's fine to not be the best player when you do it but don't try and blame it on your class or the 5% less damage it does after a nerf.

I think my problem is panic. JC went smooth, BH not so much. As a BH i kinda lost it, ran around like a chicken, pressed the wrong button, got myself and Mako killed in heroics.. guess is not for me, if i can do a ranged class, doesn't mean i can do the other ranged classes too. Thanks for the advice tho, i'll try again.

Legally speaking, Free speech only applies to the government cannot impinge on your right of expression, and even only if that speech does not present the possibility of inciting or leading to physical danger or harm[ That's why you can't yell fire in a crowded movie theater if there isn't one because that could lead to injury of person or persons in direct result of their attempting to flee the 'fire". ergo Criminal mischief.

If the government is not an involved party, there is no such thing as free speech. Unless a public forum is under the purview of a governmental agency, i.e. any internet forum not there of, you have no right to free speech, that is why BW can say what we are and are not allowed to say on their forums. They get to deciede what speech is permissible and they are under no obligation to even explain why. If they say we are not allowed to talk about Luke Skywalker, than we have no legal right to talk about Luke Skywalker on their forums.

The right to Free speech has no legal baring among private parties.

I've also read some of you are tossing in the towel and are leaving us. That obviously saddens me as the game is better when everyone works together. I have valued your input, have tried to understand your frustration while working with the team to get your concerns addressed. Not everything is as it seems, but I respect your decision and look to earn your business again in the near future.

Hope everyone is taking full advantage of the bonus CXP week. Have a great weekend.

Keith---

I don't blame you keith, Ben really put this game into a whole with the CXP and EA buried it when they decided to not sufficiently staff the game to make content in all areas of the game SPECIFICALLY THE DECISION TO STOP MAKING OPS DURING 4.0!!!

Ultimately Keith I don't know what you do with this game at this point, most of the players that play this game have no clue how to play it, and I don't see people we need in the mmo community coming back to this game. If you have any pull in EA, I would advice them that they need to give you guys the resources to get Ops back into this game at 2-3 an expansion clip. If you don't do that this game will continue to rot.

Good luck, I will happily play this game when it returns to being a AAA mmo.

How did you get these numbers? If I use parsely:

Virulence

1.5m dummy: 9404.63 => 9169.6 = a loss of 235 DPS

2.5m dummy: 9697.87 => 9436.25 = a loss of 262 DPS

Engineering

1.5m dummy: 9515.19 => 9183.66 = a loss of 332 DPS

2.5m dummy: 9576.95 => 9346.64 = a loss of 230 DPS

Innovative Ordnance

1.5m dummy: 9449.39 => 9153.33 = a loss of 296 DPS

2.5m dummy: 9707.62 => 9404.17 = a loss of 303 DPS

Arsenal

1.5m dummy: 9103.3 => 8703.4 = a loss of 400 DPS

2.5m dummy: 9052.59 => 8525.02 = a loss of 527 DPS

when 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

Of this game can't do hardmode anything not EV or KP, why is the development team nerfing dps? At this point what are we worried about if people start doing NiM content often? Isn't that where this game needs to go? Or do we just need to sit in our stronghold because the players in this game are so bad you can't do anything with them.

I have been playing for about six months. Rigth now I have three legacy gear sets that would work for the 242 requirement: one for tank, one focused on critical and the other on allacrity.

But I still know very little about ops and almost nothing about HM fp. The greatest barrier is finding a good group. Most people dont know or dont bother to learn the mechanics specific to the hardest content. Since there is only one ops at a time in the gf it is easy to prepare yourself. But with HM fp you have the dayly reaward the is a incentive to queue random, and if you queue only the ones you researched about you will never get a group.

Also, making people do an ops to finish a story will force people who are not ready for group content and create a barrier for people who want to finish the stories. I don't know whats the idea there... is it a way to show story people that there is a group content or is it a way to make impossible to finish the stories if you are f2p...

I enjoy the game very much. If you don't, and this game isn't your style, I'm sure there are others.

count yourself as one of the few, this game has become one of the many trashy mmos produced over the last decade and a half. the problem with people like you is you don't want to truly play an mmo, you want an online single player. To do that to an mmo is like buying a bugatti and never putting it on the freeway!

I've played mmos since EverQuest 2 and had an abusive relationship with SWG while cheating with WoW. It sickens me that WoW is still the king of MMO because that means MMOs are dead. Ultimately EA needs to cut it's losses on this game, which is essentially down to one server, and start over with the franchise.

I would love to see an open world hybrid with post Return of the Jedi era setting. I think you guys would really love an open world mmo where you have a chance to create your own story at your own pace. A lot of people mocked Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) for having artisans and entertainers but for people who can't tie their shoelaces it's a perfect option. It allows you to be social and play in a non-threatening environment while still contributing.

In closing:

A lot of what I say is in frustration over a long career of passionately playing these games. I implore you players who are holding this game back and will hold future mmos back, please research the games you are playing! There is always information out there, and learn to build on harsh words.

Everyone has been called a noob, bad, trash, pleb, mouth-breathing waste of life scum bag piece of garbage... its a mean world kids and it preys on the weak, but sometimes it's true and if you take it and learn from it you get better. Ultimately, if you play an online game, you will be verbally assaulted and sometimes it's the mean truth.

tips:

-reddit is always solid information if you spend time looking

-join a guild of players that are better than you not worse

-download voice programs and data parsing (all games have them)

-CHALLENGE YOURSELF DONT SIT ON EASY CONTENT!

Where did I say I don't want, don't like, don't play or don't want to get more multiplayer content? All I said is that I don't want them to make only multiplayer content, I want some story to put that in some context as well. Judging by people I meet in the game I'm not the only one with such preferences. Is our subscription money somehow worse than multiplayer-only people's money?

It would be cool if they somehow integrated group content into the story more - like: if you complete all uprisings and\or reach certain command level, your Alliance gets some intel about the mastermind behind current storyline and you get an extra story mission \ companion \ some other shiny - a small bonus to encourage people to do group content, but not forcing them to do it like Oricon. Personally I'd find it much more rewarding than loot.

Do you understand how costly these types of games are to make? Companies like profit, and for an MMO to have storydriven content all the F'in time it means they have to cut into other teams! THAT MEANS NO NEW PVP CONTENT, LESS PVE ENDGAME!

Do you ask your little Xbox games to make raids in DLCs!?

I agree with making the story elements mean more in the game, this is why the next mmo era needs to go to a hybrid open world.