GF, Veteran FPs, and healers (and tanks)

JediQuaker

Actually, the WORST runs are just "chain pulls all the way." When someone continually runs ahead and doesn't let the group heal or stealth or however they prepare for the next mob or boss, that person is generally kicked from the FP. It's GROUP content, not "one guy attacking everything and the rest of you can catch up if you want" content.

Oddly enough, those same entitled players get so angry if the group doesn't keep up with their personal playstyle instead of them conforming to the group. Even after requesting that they not run ahead, they get nasty, belligerent, abusive, salty, and toxic... then seem surprised or explode with expletives when rightly given the boot from the group.

I feel the same way. I was in a MM and the tank just decided we were doing the bonus boss. Didn't ask, didn't apologize, didnt give anyone time to prep, didn't go over tactics...just facepulled. Then he copped an attitude because the whole group was upset. Told us to "deal with it" so I just left. Of course he starts spamming nasty pms my way so I put him on ignore.

Edited by MingusPho

I feel the same way. I was in a MM and the tank just decided we were doing the bonus boss. Didn't ask, didn't apologize, didnt give anyone time to prep, didn't go over tactics...just facepulled. Then he copped an attitude because the whole group was upset. Told us to "deal with it" so I just left. Of course he starts spamming nasty pms my way so I put him on ignore.

well if you had been getting kills or clicking things that are needed for bonus he probably assumed that everyone knows you're doing it

Nothing stopped you from responding with something like “healers are not really ‘needed’ to clear vets but you’re welcome to fulfill your role”. You chose to throw an unfriendly and contemptuous remark (two of them, actually) knowing that it will piss them off just because they queued as healer and asked to leave healing to them.

Actually several things stopped me.

Firstly, I'm not a typist, so taking the time to type out a lengthy reply during an FP, is not something I want to do (although I will, and have).

Secondly, it's hard to say what will piss off someone. To me, I was just saying a light-hearted jibe about healing in response to their crabby demand. They didn't "ask" to leave the healing to them - they demanded it.

Thirdly, as I said in my OP, I was in a "mood" at the time. (A mood to not take any crap from FP elitists.)

Actually several things stopped me.

Firstly, I'm not a typist, so taking the time to type out a lengthy reply during an FP, is not something I want to do (although I will, and have).

Secondly, it's hard to say what will piss off someone. To me, I was just saying a light-hearted jibe about healing in response to their crabby demand. They didn't "ask" to leave the healing to them - they demanded it.

Thirdly, as I said in my OP, I was in a "mood" at the time. (A mood to not take any crap from FP elitists.)

Don't let it get to you man. People just need to put their big pants on, and have a thicker skin. If you get right down to it, a healer (or even a tank for that matter) isn't needed. The best combo is 3 dps and a high level comp healer. Some people are coming after you, but seem to forget the snarky attitude of the healer in the first place. If anything I would have said sorry man, thought I was helping you out. And if they got snark, I would have done a vote kick and gotten a comp.Healers and Tanks are pandered and sought after in MM, OPs and so forth, but they are just one of the team in a veteran and can easily be replaced, so they need to relax.

This was one jerk healer, I have been in vets with awesome healers all week. You got to take the bitter with the sweet.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

Where are healers/tanks supposed to learn then? When you que for Master Mode flashpoints players expect you to already know the flashpoints and your role and not be still learning.

Not in veteran, at least not for a healer because as the OP pointed out, self-heals, koltos and companions work just as well. I don't take my recently levelled healer into vet flashpoints BUT I understand the need for practice so I join groups for the world boss on Ossus and do warzones as a healer. Uprisings are also a good place to practice healing as they tend to be tougher than most Vet FPs and a healer quite often saves the group in those. Tanks are a different story; many groups I've been in for veteran have said at the start that they want to practice tanking and it's worked out really well for them and the group.

It would be really good if there was some kind of flashpoint practice mode for tanks and healers with a two dps npcs but I might be asking too much.

Actually, the WORST runs are just "chain pulls all the way." When someone continually runs ahead and doesn't let the group heal or stealth or however they prepare for the next mob or boss, that person is generally kicked from the FP. It's GROUP content, not "one guy attacking everything and the rest of you can catch up if you want" content.

Oddly enough, those same entitled players get so angry if the group doesn't keep up with their personal playstyle instead of them conforming to the group. Even after requesting that they not run ahead, they get nasty, belligerent, abusive, salty, and toxic... then seem surprised or explode with expletives when rightly given the boot from the group.

Fair enough.

But when the group are like minded, it's just fun.

And when the tank takes all the aggro, all the time, there's nothing to prepare for me.

It's not a secret, that tanks likes chain pulling for better aggro management, so I can't blame them, but for some newbie, probably, it's not ok, so point taken :o

As a healer, when I queue for Vet FP's, I let everyone know "I am an actual healer. Please make sure you don't pop kolto's willy nilly because if I am watching TV during the boss fight and you have popped all the kolto's we will all die" That usually gets a good chuckle from most people.

Really, the only time I get upset as a healer is when people say things like not needing the healer. You may not need one, but things sure go faster with a good one.