Why Reporting AFK and Other WZ Penalties Are Problematic

Aribethx

There's a lot of crying over AFKers and WZ abandoners. I understand a lot of the griping but implementing a solution for that on BioWare's end is going to be tough.

Currently, there are a lot of so called "tough guys" in PvP who, let's face it, are just verbally abusive, controlling and pay more attention to the members of their own team than fighting the enemy. If you've pugged a WZ, chances are you've seen this guy, shouting in ops channel about this or that, who sucks and how he hates PUGs and ffs, he is the only one with any skill. After lamenting about he's stuck with a bunch of losers for awhile, he then targets people who aren't mindlessly jumping into the middle of 5-6 enemies and getting pummeled like he is, trying to get them reported for afk even though they aren't afk or attempting to get the entire blame for the suck factor of the match on another person's shoulders.

If given the ability to remove people, guys like this will wreak further havoc on your WZ groups because no one will ever be able to please them. They come up against a premade or a team that just wipes the floor with him and instinct is to point the finger at every member of the team that isn't doing what he thinks the other members should be doing.

You can't place power of who gets to be in a WZ in the hands of people like this.

Here are some solutions for your problem:

1. Run with a group of people you know. Don't like PUGs. I can't blame you. But do the work yourself and find a guild that likes to PvP regularly. Find a premade. Ask in fleet general. Do something instead of complain and continue to pug.

2. Get better at sticking with a group in the WZ. If you have an afker or people are leaving, you really have to stick with other people. You can't win the WZ but you don't have to get rolled over as you run solo all over the map either.

3. Leave the WZ yourself. If you come up against a tough premade and 4-5 people leave instantly. Why stick around for the entire match? Go craft and requeue until you get what you want. Premades love the 3-4 poor saps who stick around to give them free honor while they run the score 5-0 and farm for 14 minutes.

There are things you can do instead of waiting for BioWare to implement a change which they probably shouldn't implement at all. If they can figure something else out without giving power to the power hungry, immature abusers like I mentioned above, then that's great. Until then, I hope you use the above to alleviate your WZ pain.

Edited by Aribethx

you uh forgot one...

4. ...ignore the spoiled brat and go about your day.

I know... this is a crazy wild idea that will most likely never take off... but its worth a shot, yes?

No that's a valid response for sure. Thanks for including it.

I suppose it just matters if the rest of the WZ group is taken in by this guy or not. Ignoring is definitely an option, if the entire WZ isn't griping at you.

No that's a valid response for sure. Thanks for including it.

I suppose it just matters if the rest of the WZ group is taken in by this guy or not. Ignoring is definitely an option, if the entire WZ isn't griping at you.

/shrug

i ignore them all regardless. my chat window is always closed. if im in a PUG... I have no idea what anyone else is saying. nor do i care.

i know what im supposed to do and i know how to do it.

This is why i don't like cross-server queues. It doesn't take long for that guy to get a reputation, and have a difficult time getting a group to do anything on his server. Edited by Tic-