Sign if you're unsubbing

ScottishDrunk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is pointless! Theres no need for it and if you want to unsub because of the update then do it. Stop pushing your whole Doom and Gloom agenda on us - either disapear or give constructive feedback.

You could just, you know, ignore the thread if you don't like it.

Who's making a threat? Is that directed at me? Be careful how you phrase things. Maybe just don't post about matters that don't concern you.

Did you threaten to quit? If not, why are so defensive? One has only to skim the off topic sub forum to know exactly what I'm talking about with empty threats of unsubbing.

Did you threaten to quit? If not, why are so defensive? One has only to skim the off topic sub forum to know exactly what I'm talking about with empty threats of unsubbing.

I made no such threat. I'll just assume that you carelessly responded to the wrong comment. Context matters. Good day, sir.

I cancelled my sub, 40 some days left. The +1 CXP for gold kills was the nail in the coffin for me. I have 8 characters with a 4 or higher set bonus. I would try to do at least 4 Ops a week, 2 on each side, and if I didn't win a token, then my guild always saved the DMC or rare deco to roll on. Now if I open a crate and I get green garbage, there's nothing else to roll on. It's like there's no incentive to do anything anymore. I can get blue 220 drops in the Gree area. Why bother with the crates?

This new system is horrible. When my guild ran Scum and Villainy only one player would end up without a token, 7/8. 7 boss fights, 8 players. But during one of the streams the Dev's tried to say that you only had a 1 out of 8 chance to win a token anyway, so it was designed to take longer. What a huge oversight. Even if we didn't get a token, there was still extra purple drops on each boss. Now there's just green garbage.

Edited by Airehn

You could just, you know, ignore the thread if you don't like it.

Shame so many of you doom and glume/I quit players don't take the same advice. How many of you post your poison in every positive thread?

Talk about double standards.

3 out of 5 of my subs has ended as not playing as much, but having played some of the new xpac and had some CXP crates have decided to keep 2 going at least for now. Am disappointed about the drop from ten points to one for elite npc's. but over all that disappointment does not out way the fun I still have playing.

If so many of you do go on the leave, at the forums will be a lot better place for it.

I already made my choice the other day in another thread on general discussion. however my choice for future exile depends on what bioware does on their livestream.

This post is pointless! Theres no need for it and if you want to unsub because of the update then do it. Stop pushing your whole Doom and Gloom agenda on us - either disapear or give constructive feedback.

i am free to choose to post in this thread, i have not caused any problems in doing so, that is my choice. you can not tell me what i can and can't do here unless i broke some rule. Unlike you, i am not going to assert a position and tell you to get lost.

I understand what you mean, but I have to disagree in a way.

I know it's probably a long shot, but maybe someone will listen because I love this game and I find myself looking at leaving in the near future as well.

I have been playing and subscribing since this game came out.

I am a starwars fan, big time.

I bought tickets for Force awaken in October, the day they became available to purchase.

Heck, I even drove from Orlando to Nashville to audition for the movie, because...why not, its Star Wars.

So a game in which I can run around Korriban....AWESOME.

I played SWG before this and had planned on seeing this game to it's final days as well.

BUT.......This grinding old content to 300 in order to get RNG loot for a single character is nothing short of INSANE.

This game promotes story and leveling alts.

If this grind was LEGACY WIDE, that would change everything.

If I could play others classes and level alts for days, while gaining legacy wide command points, then that would be FUN.

I like playing my main SW and all, but I also like my sith assassin and my smuggler....and my BH and Trooper.. I am sitting on 22 characters and I have to play just ONE in order to level on Command points for that ONE character. T

hat is not fun, that gets boring way too quickly.

I have been playing huttball since 2011, do i really have play huttball on just one character until level 300.....just to play more huttball. Or worse yet, complete 300 and then start a new alt at level 1 command points; NO.

This game has way too much stuff based off legacy and leveling alts to do a complete about-face and just have us focus on one toon.

ITs MADNESS.

So threads like this, will hopefully bring about some positive change because the way it is now, is just plain "not ok".

Edited by kirorx

Talk about double standards.

3 out of 5 of my subs has ended as not playing as much, but having played some of the new xpac and had some CXP crates have decided to keep 2 going at least for now.

there is an irony for you :rolleyes:.

plenty of threads about why people are or aren't...

this is just to gather some numbers

so if you're unsubbing because of 5.0/galactic command, please sign.

The Galactic Command grind wasn't that main reason I unsubscribed, it was the class changes:

they seem entirely arbitrary and unjustifiable.

With 5.0, the weakest tanks in the game, Vanguards & Powertechs, were nerfed even further, and to add insult to injury, deprived of all ranged abilities save their basic attack. Their DpS brethren now rank near the bottom of the list (see Bant's posts for comparative rankings).

Only DpS Consulars & Inquisitors have fared worse, and as for their healing disciplines, these were made to suck as well. That renders 4 of my 12 toons more or less useless for the more challenging content.

There is also the problem of repetitive content:

after having played the KotET story to its conclusion on the PTS, and some of the Uprisings as well (the ones that weren't bugged), there seems little left to discover. Going through the same KotFE & KotET episodes again and again, on all my toons? And then replaying them? No, thank you. Especially with classes that simply feel crippled now.

After having joined in 2012, I think I have seen and done all there is in SWTOR. Maybe after over four years, the game has finally exhausted its developers' creative potential? My subscription will run out on the December 11.

February. ...not going to bother logging in. Sub since early 2012, have 65 toons (I think) over the US servers (that's on one of two accounts). The changes have gradually been getting worse, the game has been dumbed down to the point of "what's the point anymore?"

I don't care that others don't care for this thread, but would still be interesting to see the figures of those leaving versus those not leaving , including those with Stockholm syndrome.

Edit: Unsub and uninstall.

Edited by aSpitefullRetort
Because I can

Yep, unsubbed last week. To quote myself:

Overall, no update to any game has ever demoralized me the way this one has. Sure, there are always changes I don't like. But this is something of a different order. The vanilla content of this game is a rare jewel, a sprawling expanse of story and exploration and combat that was created at great risk, back when Bioware took chances on crazily awesome ideas. But increasingly, it's a jewel that's besmirched with the crap that's currently being released. I don't mind the crap, as long as it stays separate where I don't have to be involved with it. But the whole problem is, you're getting it on the jewel. Stop taking things away that are far superior to the things you're able to make now.

It feels like, not even so much that the devs don't care about the game, but they don't even understand what its appeal is for people who do care about it. Also, that many things just aren't being thought through at all.

And the fact that I even have to tell you that I want to be able to block pop-ups is just embarrassing.

I have (or would have had) years left to play the vanilla content. So I don't care if the new content is lame...just give me the option not to be involved in it. Giving me no way to turn off DvL pop-ups when I'm just minding my own business running class stories - that's what I mean by besmirching the jewel.