Heroic 4 quests should be redesigned

actually i do them all at least once, yeah im a completionist.

the only i have skipped both in beta and live is the resistance sympathizers on balmorra. both times it was because i did the balmorran arms factory late at night and didnt have time to do the heroic while i was there and then i didnt want to run all the way back to that point to do the quest. maybe if they put a shuttle stop to some of these it would be easier, i dont want to run through 45 minutes of mobs just to get to the quest area so i skipped that one. the rest i have done.

btw for those that dont know, these heroic quests are where you get alot of your orange gear from without flashpoints. ive gotten a orange moddable item from just about every one of them.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as i want to do all the quests and +4 flashpoints, i'm finding myself just passing.

Why? Grouping is such a freaking pain. I'm constantly at the mercy of their AFK's, and slowness or wanting to speed through or whatever. It's annoying to be frank. The most fun i've had in the game so far was going through that first flashpoint as a duo with my wife. I was hoping more flashpoints were going to be duoable, but evidently that's not the case.

I think alot of people are frankly over grouping in these games and are more happy soloing or duoing and i think the game design really should start accomadating that. Make these flashpoints scale to either a duo or a group of 4, how hard is that really? Doing content with 4 people isn't harder than with 2, in fact it's the opposite. the only difficulty that comes from doing groups with more people is human difficulty, ie. bathroom breaks, not paying attention, one member of your group is eight etc. That kind of difficulty isn't fun it's annoying and is why i don't group anymore except with my wife.

as much as i want to do all the quests and +4 flashpoints, i'm finding myself just passing.

Why? Grouping is such a freaking pain. I'm constantly at the mercy of their AFK's, and slowness or wanting to speed through or whatever. It's annoying to be frank. The most fun i've had in the game so far was going through that first flashpoint as a duo with my wife. I was hoping more flashpoints were going to be duoable, but evidently that's not the case.

I think alot of people are frankly over grouping in these games and are more happy soloing or duoing and i think the game design really should start accomadating that. Make these flashpoints scale to either a duo or a group of 4, how hard is that really? Doing content with 4 people isn't harder than with 2, in fact it's the opposite. the only difficulty that comes from doing groups with more people is human difficulty, ie. bathroom breaks, not paying attention, one member of your group is eight etc. That kind of difficulty isn't fun it's annoying and is why i don't group anymore except with my wife.

Shoooo to single player coop COD... and leave MMOs for groupers

I personally have been having a very hard time finding players to participate in the +4 group quests.

When I ask in general chat, usually the response i get is something like "dude, they're just dailies, skip them and move to the next planet"

I'm level 43 and have completed 2 +4 quests to date. :(

37 and haven't done a single one, I don't really try that hard to get a group, and if it doesn't pan out in about 10 minutes I move on.

Its early in the games retail launch so I am hoping on my alt it may be better.

Yeah on my server (The Harbinger) there is hardly a time where general chat is not being spammed by people on Coru, Taris or Nar Shaddar asking for interest in the 2/4 heroics. Not sure about Tatooine, just got my first character there :D

Easy solution to nofinding a full group for a Heroic 4 quest. Companion character. Me and my roommate have been doing all these just us 2 and 2 companions.. no issues, no downtime finding a group. And even if you aren't leveling with someone, its not hard to find a single person. Been doing it on my alts just fine.

Have done every single +4 Heroic and only missed 1 flashpoint up to level 41 so far

I have leveled as a healer though

1 4+ Heroic we managed with 2 healers and 2 Companions(some level 30+ one on Nar Shaddaa). Most Heroic 2+ I can solo

Really some of them are incredibly easy and they are a nice change from the facerolling through regular quests

I feel like this whole problem could be solved with a LFD tool. If you still want to socialize and send people tells for groups when the LFD tool is in that is your prerogative. A LFD tool simply gives everyone the option of having an easy and quick way to find a group.

Ive had no problems getting groups together and im not even in a guild.

Most of the times have been great, and only once have i actually quit the grupo and went looking for another one.

And that was just because 2 of the people in the 4man group were acting as if they were playing solo (jumping on enemies before everyone was healed and stuff like that, causing us to wipe over and over)

So far I have run them all, albeit I'm also over leveling the planets, but hey. There seems to be a 'prime time' to do it though. I'm also a healer, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Some of the groups are better than others, but they are a blast.

Did you try only the General chat? Most players have it turned off, or at least pay very little attention to it.

I never had any problem finding groups for Heroic quests, and since I'm quite ahead of the curve on the planets I leveled through I usually only see 5-10 players around at one time. Solution? Talk to them via whisper instead of spamming General in vain.

This. I know a lot of people that turn off General chat because of the what general chat usually consists of...trolling. So whispers usually work best for me along with the LFG feature.

My experiences last evening:

After running with a group on Blamorra doing 'Settling Debts', we get to the end and my char is bugged - can't complete the last part of the quest. (Had to logout and back in to even get party chat to work.)

Whisper a guy looking for '1more' for a quest that I run into, he whispers "are u a tank"; I tell him no. He doesn't respond and starts spamming "lf1m TANK" while I'm standing next to him.

Group with a guy on the fleet doing HS. He and I are looking for more. He sends me a whisper, says we're going to merge this group with one from his guild. He disbands the group, disappears into the flashpoint, and I'm left standing there like an idiot. Of course I never heard from him again.

At that point, I deleted all quests from Balmorra (which were a lot) and left it at that.

I'm seriously considering whether to even continue playing. I've really wanted this game to be enjoyable, but so far for me it's been nothing but frustrating.

Edited by Sith_Sev

I have absolutely no problem getting a group for any heroic 2-4+ quests. I just type in General and within 15 seconds I have at least 3 whispers, and the group is formed and we mow down the quest objectives with ease.

I'm sorry I call Hyperbole at best and ....well maybe I just shouldn't go there, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. If you have just run The Esseles or The Black Talon maybe you got straight in. I play on a pretty much permanently full server (queues even off peak) and have characters at a range of levels. It is clear from chat that every one does not find a grpup in "15 seconds". It seems clear at higher levels it is the exception some run at all. Even at low levels it can take a while.

I'm seriously considering whether to even continue playing. I've really wanted this game to be enjoyable, but so far for me it's been nothing but frustrating.

Maybe I have just had good luck. Lucky with groups or lucky on the server I chose. On the whole I met some pretty decent people. One thing I thought would happen is people rolling need on everything for companions, knock on wood that hasn't happened either.

I'm sorry I call Hyperbole at best and ....well maybe I just shouldn't go there, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. If you have just run The Esseles or The Black Talon maybe you got straight in. I play on a pretty much permanently full server (queues even off peak) and have characters at a range of levels. It is clear from chat that every one does not find a grpup in "15 seconds". It seems clear at higher levels it is the exception some run at all. Even at low levels it can take a while.

I've seen people on my server (which is a full pvp server with qeues) that are still running around the planet "lfg" for the same quest an hour or two later.

A majority of the time it's "lf tank" or "lf heals". I guess to be viable I'll drop my sniper and play something else...

So, instead of adapting to the game, you are expecting the game to adapt to you? If it doesn't, you feel you're going to quit?

The heroic 4 quests need to be redesigned so that they do not require a healer and a tank. Since most people are DPS, it would make it a bit easier to find a group.

They don't need a healer. I did a 4+ with 2 sentinels and a Vanguard, I'm a guardian. None of us could heal, and though it took us 3 tries, we killed the end boss. How could we have done the impossible? Planning, strategy, communication and a lighthearted approach to the game.