Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Marksmanship Sniper / Sharpshooter Gunslinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Class Changes: Marksmanship Sniper / Sharpshooter Gunslinger
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

curulz
09.20.2017 , 01:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Otchiver View Post
This... this is absurd.
This shows me you don't play this game, the classes and maybe even the raids. MM is by far the worst performing spec, and you just nerfed it. This class needed a buff in some fashion, not a nerf. #biowerbalancing
agreed. what progression raid teams remain continue to get nickel and dimed with all these things.

Saurat
09.20.2017 , 01:58 PM | #12
Way to Nerf us.

That being said I'll still continue to play this spec as it matches what my rifleman bounty Hunter played like in galaxies nge

Otchiver
09.20.2017 , 03:26 PM | #13

DanarStarjammer
09.20.2017 , 03:30 PM | #14
Enough with the nerfing,!!!!!!! What is it ?, someone gets a class they like and you kill it !!! Lightning Sorc already killed, nerfing another of the lowest performing DPS classes already !! You are making us want to quit the game, ENOUGH ALREADY !! Stop punishing the people who pay to play the game,

ottffsse
09.20.2017 , 04:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
I think people are severely underestimating the strength of marksman. Right now I'd prefer it for 4 out of the 5 apex nim bosses with the only exception being council (though it is still playable in marks). Some will prefer virulence for terror but marks is still playable and will put out competitive numbers due to the target swapping. That's not to say that virulence couldn't be better for those 4 (it can perform a bit better on terror and for brontes because of burn and is still perfectly playable for all 5), but that's still 2/5 that I would always prefer marksman for.

After the nerfs I wouldn't prefer it for terror, but still would always prefer it for styrak and kephess. Is a spec that is that good on that many apex nim bosses really that bad? And it is also really good in pvp because of the burst. Spec is fine and will remain fine.
this is very much true, it is a great spec, with certain utilities you have great burst to actually compensate for the overall sustained lower dps than say viru or eng. however I do find the nerf to be absurd, bioware is nerfing a spec that does not need a nerf really except for some "perfect computer simulated numbers" - well players no matter how good won't have the mathematical perfect apm of a computer sim. rather they should be buffing classes that still underperform rather than nerfing classes which only slightly outperform based on a perfect computer sim. The changes to marksman are very nit-picky when compared to things that can really out-perform your dps target (carnage mara) or underperform it (concealment op, madness sorc).

supertimtaf
09.20.2017 , 05:51 PM | #16
So no changes to sniper's utility point ? Damn, it was the only request where everyone was okay about a nerf and instead the weak spec of the class is the only one getting nerfed

Will it wait "another patch" ? Or is there no plan to balance these at all ? I think by now it's best to say it, so that we know what to expect
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Thaladan
09.20.2017 , 07:31 PM | #17
no change to utilities?

ROFL
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

supertimtaf
09.20.2017 , 07:35 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaladan View Post
no change to utilities?

ROFL
Guess it isn't that important
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Equeliber
09.20.2017 , 10:26 PM | #19
Surprised to see this. I mean, it's not that big of a nerf and will be barely noticable but just the fact that they make this nerf... The spec is fine as it is.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

merovejec
09.21.2017 , 03:46 AM | #20
lol I though everyone cried about the spec underperforming!
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Beaten the game?