Looking for DPS advice (Lethality Sniper)

Theotron

Hiya forum.

I'm a relatively experienced lethality sniper (played since April) with a full range of experience under my belt, bar parts of EC/TFB HM. Basically, I've got a good level of gear - all 61 except my gun barrels, including custom bracers - but I have the distinct feeling that my DPS might be underperforming.

On Zorn+Toth HM I'm only pulling about 1350 DPS - is this low? Or high? That's including the mob at the end of the fight. EV/KP HM is different, but on some fights I'm still only getting to 1500 - even tank and spank ones like Bonethrasher is, to an extent.

I don't really know my exact numbers, so I have an AMR link and a parse I've done on the training dummy:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b8b90c70-314d-4058-9b8e-d3cfafb4ae63 - AMR link

http://www.torparse.com/a/67770 - Parse. Second fight is better, and remember the last 10-20 seconds aren't representative (weak dart dropoff).

So yeah, managing 2000 early DPS and then 1900, before it drops to 1800 and slowly starts decreasing throughout.

Any tips? I've had a bit of a balancing act really as my power was seriously low and my crit was approaching 45% - so I've reduced to 42.55 and my power up to 705. I'm looking to spend on decking out in (63) throughout my armor soon so this is a good opportunity to rebalance.

Thanks!

Cut of a bit of that crit, make it about 400 instead of 500, then lower the accuracy to about 98%, use the newfound points effectively and put the in power for a stable higher DPS boost. Rotation wise I feel a few wrongs, either you start with orbital and pull using that (if possible) or you put up SS, both dots, WB and then hit cull ASAP, after use series of shot, and then either use orbital strike if you didn't use it for the pull, if you did use ambush.

From that moment just use cull when it comes off cool down. Make sure to try to use WB just before cull for improved damage, during the times cull is on cool down. Use series of shot, orbital strike, explosive probe, ambush and snipe (only with laze target), if low on energy use adrenaline probe and if you drop under 70 energy, use rifle shots. Remember to save energy for dots, also be aware that you should be able to use cull three times before the dots are removed, the weaker ones does not change the damage on cull.

Thanks for the tips. I can easily make the tradeoff with crit using mods, and should get down to ~409 rating and up to ~710 power.

In terms of reducing accuracy, what would you suggest? I'm currently not talented for accuracy, meaning I can't drop it my skill tree, and there isn't a enhancement that would allow me to drop Accuracy straight up for power - should I take the hit and get more crit/surge enhancements?

Regarding rotations, I'm interested in why you choose to start with OS or leave it until the first Cull is over (reasoning etc.)

I've always heard it called as:

CG -> SS -> CD -> OS -> WB -> Cull -> SoS -> filler, mainly Ambush/Rifle/EP -> WB, Cull, reapply dots as required, rinse and repeat.

I've always heard it called as:

CG -> SS -> CD -> OS -> WB -> Cull -> SoS -> filler, mainly Ambush/Rifle/EP -> WB, Cull, reapply dots as required, rinse and repeat.

I try to sustain:

CG -> CD -> WB -> Cull -> SoS -> Cull repeat.

I put Orbital after my first Cull followed by Ambush and forego SoS. It will now look like:

CG -> CD -> WB -> Cull -> Orbital -> Ambush -> Cull repeat.

If it permits I do:

CG -> CD -> WB -> Cull -> SoS -> Ambush -> Cull

If using Ambush will delay my Cull by even a bit I do:

CG -> CD -> WB -> Cull -> EP -> Cull

There will also come a time in your rotation where WB might be unused for more than 2 GCDs, in that case I do

(1st Cull somewhere here).... -> EP -> WB -> (2nd Cull)

Generally I want to keep Cull and WB on cooldown and would not wait to use it if it meant having it delayed by more than a second. Ofcourse keep SS up as well if there is no one else putting an armor pen up. And use TA / AP (energy gain) as needed. Hope this helps!

Lethality 2/8/31

Fight duration: 18 minutes with Rakata adrenals and 2 WH Battlemaster Relics (i've upgraded to the 2 DG relics now)

http://www.torparse.com/a/58891/time/1354168047/1354169129

Edited by paowee

The proper rotation for Lethality is

CG -> CD -> X -> WB -> Cull -> X -> X -> X -> X -> Cull

Each X denotes a filler.

The order of Ambush and SoS should also be reversed depending on energy level. Also, skip SoS when you're unlucky with energy regen, so you can maintain Cull usage on CD.