Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

Gamesux

By the way just because his referral link that I'm advertising leads to him, that doesn't mean we are one of the same. He got perma'd on the forums a LONG time ago and asked me to carry this out for him. I'm only doing it for the credits. Nothing more, nothing less.

Good night and have a nice day. Enjoy your sanctions if you don't edit your posts. :)

Was it his idea or your idea to disguise the referral link as a youtube channel, in explicit violations of Eric's stated rules on the subject?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it his idea or your idea to disguise the referral link as a youtube channel, in explicit violations of Eric's stated rules on the subject?

it was against the rules? since when?

Edited by Drehy

Lets take a look at the very first post in your history:

A noob to pvp and want to improve your skills? Maybe your a skilled veteran looking for just that 'edge' you want? Look no further. My Youtube channel is setup for any kind of pvp'er. Watch both 8v8 and regular/ranked 4v4 commentaries, and guides for each advanced class and how to play them, their counters, etc.

www.youtube.com/user/DrehyGaming

That is a disguised link.

Wow, that sort of naked lying is really aggravating. Thanks for bringing this to attention,

I had accidentally clicked on one of that person's referral links myself a month or so ago, but just let it go, thinking "oh well, I wasn't being careful. No skin off my back if someone gets something out of it."

Now that I've seen this, I just put in a ticket to get the referral between our accounts removed. Really annoyed that s/he even got a single CC out of my stupidity.

Edited by DarthDymond

Oh no I'm not mad, it's just that BioWare is being very unprofessional by allowing you and your little clique of defenders to go on a smearing campaign on these forums and call out, harass, belittle, and attack anyone who questions or criticizes anything about ToR.

Moderators if you read this I suggest you start handing out harsh sanctions towards Reno and company for this behavior and start setting an example if you truly want this forum to be safe and friendly. With all of these defenders running about it would be extremely possible of attaining that setting you guys seek.

If this doesn't happen I think I'll go ahead and contact the BBB about this very suspicious behavior.

Oh man. Asking the mods to hand out warnings or bans to me. This is going to end well.

On my last note I never mentioned with the words together that I'm Whales so there goes your little tin foil hat theory. Guess thats all the material the defenders can up with nowadays because the entitlement and 'if you dont like it then leave' trolls hit too close to home.

Actually you did.

If I'm Whales then Andryah is an EA employee. :rolleyes:

See how ridiuclous that sounds without any proof? Oh by the way, I do know who Whales is. He is on my server and he pays me credits in-game to advertise his referral link. You guys act like that's a crime when Eric Musco specifically states it's okay to advertise referral links.

I will now be reporting both your posts for calling both me and him out, for harassment, name calling and slander.

Look there they are right next to each other clear as day.

Oh man. Asking the mods to hand out warnings or bans to me. This is going to end well.

Well all the defenders do is just troll on the forums and try to get other people banned by accusing these so called haters of being other forum members. They are the ones that start off with the name calling inappropriate behavior, and trolling.

I would mention other forum members which I could list as defenders but I can only list you since you're replying to me. If I name anyone else I could get in trouble for harassment and calling out.

Actually you did.

Look there they are right next to each other clear as day.

Doesn't matter. I said that but I said IF I'm Whales, learn to read please. See how ridiculous that sounds? Khevar broke several forum rules by calling me out and another forum member and harassed both of us by claiming that I'm Whales.

Funny how when trolls call out critical posters of being someone else, the defenders get together and celebrate and agree but when a critical poster accuses a defender of being someone else you guys lose your minds. :rolleyes:

Edited by Drehy

Well all the defenders do is just troll on the forums and try to get other people banned by accusing these so called haters of being other forum members. They are the ones that start off with the name calling inappropriate behavior, and trolling.

I would mention other forum members which I could list as defenders but I can only list you since you're replying to me. If I name anyone else I could get in trouble for harassment and calling out.

I'm not a defender then, since I played thru most of Balmorra Pub side on my lowbie Guardian.

I'm not a defender then, since I played thru most of Balmorra Pub side on my lowbie Guardian.

Lol and with that ladies and gentleman, we're now done here. I've seen it all but this is just up there with it taking the cake...

Doesn't matter. I said that but I said IF I'm Whales, learn to read please. See how ridiculous that sounds? Khevar broke several forum rules by calling me out and another forum member and harassed both of us by claiming that I'm Whales.

Funny how when trolls call out critical posters of being someone else, the defenders get together and celebrate and agree but when a critical poster accuses a defender of being someone else you guys lose your minds. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter, you said you didn't use those words together when I clearly probed you did.

I've yet to see you say anything critical and constructive to warrant a civil and mature discussion.

Doesn't matter, you said you didn't use those words together when I clearly probed you did.

I never denied it after you posted it. I emphasized how ridiculous it was and how it breaks forum rules

I've yet to see you say anything critical and constructive to warrant a civil and mature discussion.

In your opinion darling, now we're done. Have a good night.

I don't mind the CM and I know the purpose it serves. However, I agree they need to tone it down a bit, and start implementing some of these items into... well loot drops and or pvp rewards. It's a shame nearly everything new this game gets ends up on the CM. Edited by Motovator

I don't mind the CM and I know the purpose it serves. However, I agree they need to tone it down a bit, and start implementing some of these items into... well loot drops and or pvp rewards. It's a shame nearly everything new this game gets ends up on the CM.

It's because this game is just a cash grab now. This game could have been so awesome but tanked due to the sleaziness of the companies running it.

Here's what I can -never- understand. Buying re-skinned stuff from the Cartel Market does NOT affect your game play whatsoever. It doesn't give you +1000 to your stats. It doesn't make you better in PvP, PvE, or GS. It just makes you look/feel pretty. That's it. They're a business. Businesses make money. That's what they're doing. Stop looking for attention and go play Candy Crush if you're going to whine about it. They don't force you to buy stuff. You're probably mad because you can't afford it. Neither can I, but it doesn't ruin my game play.

Disagree. The game is in better stable shape then it was at launch and the months after.

Yes. But being better than what it was at launch is:

1. Extremely easy considering how lacking it was

2. Not enough to warrant stagnation and resting on one's laurels.

If player housing, and by extension every other upcoming addition to this game turns out not be a cash grab, I'll be a happy guy. If OWPvP is (re)introduced and Ranked PvP is livened up, this game will be even more awesome. If they stop releasing 1 year-old Ops with more health and damage per boss as "new content" and actually start making new Ops every so often, this game will be legendary.

If they release more Hypercrates and packs, and keep making awesome items and adding NOTHING to the in-game vendors, this game will just kill itself by boring the hell out of it's players.

Here's what I can -never- understand. Buying re-skinned stuff from the Cartel Market does NOT affect your game play whatsoever. It doesn't give you +1000 to your stats. It doesn't make you better in PvP, PvE, or GS. It just makes you look/feel pretty. That's it. They're a business. Businesses make money. That's what they're doing. Stop looking for attention and go play Candy Crush if you're going to whine about it. They don't force you to buy stuff. You're probably mad because you can't afford it. Neither can I, but it doesn't ruin my game play.

HAHAHAHAHAHA You clearly haven't ever read the tooltip on the Cartel Market ships have you? Nor have ever tried converting your Ship Req to Fleet Req? GSF is a cash-grab at best. It is very clearly Pay-2-Win (or at least, Pay-2 fast forward 90% of the gearing process).

Also, what good does looking pretty do to me? When literally no one is playing the game I want to play so badly? Will buying Cartel Coins make my queues pop faster? Will it ever lead to the introduction of features that Bioware/EA can't farm for Cartel Coins like they did with GSF and clearly plan to do with player housing?

Anyone who thinks that buying Cartel Coins leads to introduction of new, awesome content faster is fooling themselves. You know how they made $139 million in one year from the Cartel Market purchases? Look at the past 2 years. Yet there's been no increase in the speed of adding Operations (we're not getting a new one for almost a year since DF and DP were released), the new Flashpoint is terrible, and there's been no new warzone for well over a year. The "events" are just repeatedly grinding boring missions over and over and over again, and nearly all vanity items added to the game have a better version on the CM. Do you really not see the pattern? They're only releasing content for which they can charge players huge amounts of money, like GSF, housing, and anything new they plan to add in the future.

Edited by EzioMessi

Yes. But being better than what it was at launch is:

1. Extremely easy considering how lacking it was

2. Not enough to warrant stagnation and resting on one's laurels.

If player housing, and by extension every other upcoming addition to this game turns out not be a cash grab, I'll be a happy guy. If OWPvP is (re)introduced and Ranked PvP is livened up, this game will be even more awesome. If they stop releasing 1 year-old Ops with more health and damage per boss as "new content" and actually start making new Ops every so often, this game will be legendary.

If they release more Hypercrates and packs, and keep making awesome items and adding NOTHING to the in-game vendors, this game will just kill itself by boring the hell out of it's players.

1.) I actually came in at Jan 2012, a month after launch and I felt like at my pace I had plenty to do

2.) However I didn't quit the game in Aug 2012 cause of stagnation, by that time I still had 3 class stories left to complete. I quit cause WoW's new xpac was coming and my SWTOR guild was not worth the hassle of raiding with anymore so I went back to my WoW friends. This is just my view but I still had plenty to do when I left and as of now I still do.

3.)I'm going to ignore your Happy paragraph since I have no issue with it. New Packs are going to keep coming and Idk if you've noticed or not but we keep getting new rep vendors and Every Ops and PvP tier gets new gear added. So they have been indeed adding new items.

Unless you meant the CE Vendor, but I won't get into that can of worms.

1.) I actually came in at Jan 2012, a month after launch and I felt like at my pace I had plenty to do

2.) However I didn't quit the game in Aug 2012 cause of stagnation, by that time I still had 3 class stories left to complete. I quit cause WoW's new xpac was coming and my SWTOR guild was not worth the hassle of raiding with anymore so I went back to my WoW friends. This is just my view but I still had plenty to do when I left and as of now I still do.

Obviously there are different paces of enjoying in-game content. I have personally only completed 1 and 1/2 class stories yet, 'coz I go really really slow with those, and plan to continue with and finish as many stories as I can over the next month or two where I'll be inactive. However, to people who specifically play just one facet of the game, for example endgame PvE, or PvP (I have doing the latter for about 4 months now), there was, and still in fact is a massive lack of content to do.

3.)I'm going to ignore your Happy paragraph since I have no issue with it. New Packs are going to keep coming and Idk if you've noticed or not but we keep getting new rep vendors and Every Ops and PvP tier gets new gear added. So they have been indeed adding new items.

Unless you meant the CE Vendor, but I won't get into that can of worms.

I should have been more clear. I meant the addition of unique items to vendors, and keeping the CM items completely unique and distinct.

I have no problems with Hypercrates themselves. I have problems when they leech away items that belong better with in-game vendors. First off, the added PvP gear that's being added is not a new item. It's the same as Obroan, with a different colour scheme, and +4 to all stats, something which many, many PvPers are angered by. Second, whatever gets added to vendors, has much better versions available from the Cartel Market. Like the Animal Mounts. We get a basic Tauntaun after weeks of grinding, CM buyers get an awesome-looking version for no cost. We have to grind the same event for multiple iterations to get some awesome items like Varactyles, Scalene Armor, the Spheres, etc. The Cartel Market already has Varactyls, and Gold Scalene Armor, and other things.

Let me give an example: the recent outrage over the rancors. They added it for the highest end PvPers. We're all happy. They added it for NiM PvErs, some PvPers are outraged, but most of us are happy, because NiM is bloody difficult. Then they add it for Cartel Market. Ranked queues die within a week of the announcement. THAT is what I'm against. The Cartel Market has gotten every, single, bloody, awesome item since release. They got reskinned Korrealis items, they get Rancors, they get every good-looking item in the game. I have nothing against the idea of a Cartel Market. The current implementation though, is sucking away from vanity content in-game.

I don't propose they completely abandon the CM. I propose they make the CM completely unique, give the CM it's own awesome looking items that the whole game would jump at. But at the same time, give the other players unique items through in-game means.

Oh no I'm not mad, it's just that BioWare is being very unprofessional by allowing you and your little clique of defenders to go on a smearing campaign on these forums and call out, harass, belittle, and attack anyone who questions or criticizes anything about ToR.

THIS!!! This is 100% the absolute disgusting truth about these forums. The rule seems to be that as long as you attack the right person and defend the game no matter what your true opinion is, you're free to do whatever you like. Insults, personal attacks and rude comments are TYPICAL of the group of antagonists on these forums.

THIS!!! This is 100% the absolute disgusting truth about these forums. The rule seems to be that as long as you attack the right person and defend the game no matter what your true opinion is, you're free to do whatever you like. Insults, personal attacks and rude comments are TYPICAL of the group of antagonists on these forums.

So do you think it's okay for threads to be started with the labels of Biodrone, EAware, defender, apologist and other such mudslinging included in the original post and not expect an equal response?

So do you think it's okay for threads to be started with the labels of Biodrone, EAware, defender, apologist and other such mudslinging included in the original post and not expect an equal response?

Yes. I do. Report it if it offends you. You're not the forum police. There's NO excuse for attacking other players. NONE Reno...trying to justify it is ridiculous.