Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

Hey guys,

I wanted to add a bit of clarity to the post in this thread, and my update from this morning. This is all of the information I have about Revan's armor, what was or wasn't changed, and why. When we originally saw the double hood issue we also noted that it appeared there was a color difference in the armor between the player and NPC. Our plan was to mirror the NPC exactly for the player for consistency. When we fixed the double hood and we looked at the color palette, the armor sets were already identical in color so no change was actually required.

The issue that I think some players appear to be seeing is that the top portion of Revan's armor is not the same as the bottom or the "light grey bug." Interestingly, they are the exact same color. Yes, Revan's top may appear slightly lighter, but they are the same color, it is just a matter of how it is laying on the cloth (similar to how dye's can affect different armor pieces differently). The reason it appeared that the CM armor and NPC armor looked different is that you only typically see Revan in darker lighting, so his coloring looks a bit different then when you are running around in varying lights in the open world on your character.

When I said originally there would be a color shift along with the double hood, we were also under the impression it would require a color shift to appear the same as the NPC armor. Unfortunately after looking over the NPC armor it appears it was already the same color, so no color shift occurred.

I hope that clears things up and apologize for any confusion!

-eric

So you couldn't have changed the gear to look like Revan when he is in darker lighting?

I spend most of my time in warzones, and on the fleet, the color difference looks stupid, and inconsistent.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're probably like this.

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/5253/quc4.jpg

After EricMusco's response, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Congratz everybody, we can look like Revan in certain places where the lighting will make our grey chest armor a little darker.

Edited by SithEBM

Hey guys,

I wanted to add a bit of clarity to the post in this thread, and my update from this morning. This is all of the information I have about Revan's armor, what was or wasn't changed, and why. When we originally saw the double hood issue we also noted that it appeared there was a color difference in the armor between the player and NPC. Our plan was to mirror the NPC exactly for the player for consistency. When we fixed the double hood and we looked at the color palette, the armor sets were already identical in color so no change was actually required.

The issue that I think some players appear to be seeing is that the top portion of Revan's armor is not the same as the bottom or the "light grey bug." Interestingly, they are the exact same color. Yes, Revan's top may appear slightly lighter, but they are the same color, it is just a matter of how it is laying on the cloth (similar to how dye's can affect different armor pieces differently). The reason it appeared that the CM armor and NPC armor looked different is that you only typically see Revan in darker lighting, so his coloring looks a bit different then when you are running around in varying lights in the open world on your character.

When I said originally there would be a color shift along with the double hood, we were also under the impression it would require a color shift to appear the same as the NPC armor. Unfortunately after looking over the NPC armor it appears it was already the same color, so no color shift occurred.

-eric

THATS NOT THE CASE. LOOK.

Revan's BLACK Robes before they were bugged to light grey in BETA- pre 1.6.1

http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

After 1.6.1's Light Grey Bug to now 2.2.1

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2ptorx5.jpg

SAME LIGHTING, BT and Sex and Class. Different patch times.

The bug affected the entire set, not the top back before 1.6.1 The primary was BLACK. before that patch. Not to be a jerk, Eric, but pictures are worth a thousand words and I took several.

Edited by Magnusheart

Forum people: BioWare, you suck. You promised you'd change this to look exactly like the NPC.

BioWare: We've looked at the code itself and the two are identical. It's an optical illusion that causes them to appear different.

Forum people: BioWare, you suck and can't do anything right.

Repeating this post for people on the new page who don't know whats going on.

Hey guys,

-eric

The bug affected the entire set, not the top back before 1.6.1 The primary was BLACK. before that patch. Not to be a jerk, Eric, but pictures are worth a thousand words and I took several.

Forum people: BioWare, you suck. You promised you'd change this to look exactly like the NPC.

BioWare: We've looked at the code itself and the two are identical. It's an optical illusion that causes them to appear different.

Forum people: BioWare, you suck and can't do anything right.

Read Magnusheart's post, and you'll find out why we are pissed off.

You need a picture of Revan's black robe (NPC-not player).

You need a picture of Revan's black robe (NPC-not player).

NPC SS's

http://www.buffed.de/screenshots/970x546/2012/03/SWTOR_Revan_02_Fabrik.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120520103151/starwars/images/2/26/RevanFinalDuel01.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/swtor/images/7/78/Revan1.png

I dare you to replicate all of these pictures and compare the lighting of how dark they are. They will not compare.

Edited by Magnusheart

^^ Exactly. Ok EricMusco, it is time to make a post that says "This will be fixed by (Insert Date here)"

Do you also have the picture of player that is wearing Revan's robe during the cutscene with Revan? The point is to prove that the 2 chests (CM and NPC) have different color even when they're in the same environment (in darker lightning as Eric said).

Do you also have the picture of player that is wearing Revan's robe during the cutscene with Revan? The point is to prove that the 2 chests (CM and NPC) have different color even when they're in the same environment (in darker lightning as Eric said).

Impossible, as of patch 1.6.1 BOTH BROKE AT THE SAME TIME TO BECOME LIGHT GREY.

Edit: looks like we hit a new page again. reposting the recent issue to keep new people up to date.

Repeating this post for people on the new page who don't know whats going on.

Hey guys,

-eric

Edited by Magnusheart

They lied, even the patch notes lied. They say the robes were now fixed to match the NPC version. But the Revan NPC in the Foundry still has black robes. i'll make a screenshot of that asap.

They lie about everything and they are ignorant.

Hey everyone,

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

Hey guys,

-eric

Eric Musco for President, you should really be a politician with this much flip flopping. I'm losing faith in BioWare... :(

Edited by LostRedden

-Posts Picture contradicting recent Deve post-

-Waits for Developer Response-

-Mr. Burns hand posture waiting game-

You're move, Springfield. I nothing against you Eric, your just our only way of getting things done.

Edited by Magnusheart

-Posts Picture contradicting recent Deve post-

-Waits for Developer Response-

-Mr. Burns hand posture waiting game-

You're move, Springfield.

Knowing EricMusco and the typical BioWare response time, I'd say that we will get a response within 4 months.

Hey guys,

-eric

Really? If it "appears lighter" than it's not the same color. It may be the same color id number, but as color is visual, if it does not look the same then it's not the same color. That's what color is. And would it really be to much to ask to add a cape? You can add how many cartel armor pieces, but you can't add a cape to Revan's armor? I know the in-game npc doesn't have it, but the Revan that gave the opportunity to make this game wore one. How difficult would that really be to add? This is just pathetic. I'm over your "bug fixes" - just fix the armor correctly and be done with it. If you're wondering about whether or not it's worth it to fix this stuff - my sub will be ending with the release of ESO because of things like this. That game may flail, but I've given this game a chance from day one; I can do the same for ESO. I'm not alone in this sentiment either. If you look, you'll find others. This armor was my tipping point. I've bought cartel coins and paid a sub since launch - that's quite a bit of money. Is that worth a simple bug fix? What about the others who feel like I do and have done the same that I have? Apparently to you, that's worth nothing.