Dungeon Finder Needed Badly.

Obi-Wun

What this game really needs at this point...is a Dungeon Finder. It was a huge success in other MMO's, no reason for it not to be in this game.

Pros:

1. Can continue questing while waiting for group to form.

2. Prevents trolls from sitting there ruining General Chat while they are bored trying to fill a group.

3. Proves that BioWare can do something like this. Buys street creds.

Cons:

1. Some people think it ruins the community...but I think they are wrong. They obviously have not sat for an hour trying to fill a Flashpoint group.

2. People who think like that are probably in a huge guild and have no trouble filling groups. We're usually filling 2-3 of 4 and just need that last role.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings folks!

The previous version of this thread has exceeded 1,000 posts and we've recreated it for continued discussion.

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

Cross server Ninjafinders make it entirely too easy for riff raff to get away with what riff raff does. Having the queues restricted to same servers puts consequences back into people's actions. I believe that is one of the key "community" concerns being expressed in the previous thread, and is more than valid in evironments where people coexist - virtually or otherwise.

A same server Dungeonfinder so players can queue for heroic content & flashpoints would be nice.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Logged in at 6:30 PM, joined group for Athis, there are now 2 people in the group.

6:58 PM, joined by a third person after 10 minutes of spamming general. Looking good.

7:29, both people leave group before we find a 4th. Back to square one. I have finished no quests, I have made no friends, I have had no fun.

One hour left to play before I need to log-off.

Dungeon finders do not destroy communities, people do. As for this mystic wonderful happy community everyone seems to remember, I think it is all rose-colored glasses, and you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to a LFD tool that works.

Logged in at 6:30 PM, joined group for Athis, there are now 2 people in the group.

6:58 PM, joined by a third person after 10 minutes of spamming general. Looking good.

7:29, both people leave group before we find a 4th. Back to square one. I have finished no quests, I have made no friends, I have had no fun.

One hour left to play before I need to log-off.

Dungeon finders do not destroy communities, people do. As for this mystic wonderful happy community everyone seems to remember, I think it is all rose-colored glasses, and you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to a LFD tool that works.

Here's a good rule of thumb BW. If it take longer to prepare for a flashpoint than it does to run one. There's a problem.

Cross server Ninjafinders make it entirely too easy for riff raff to get away with what riff raff does. Having the queues restricted to same servers puts consequences back into people's actions. I believe that is one of the key "community" concerns being expressed in the previous thread, and is more than valid in evironments where people coexist - virtually or otherwise.

A same server Dungeonfinder so players can queue for heroic content & flashpoints would be nice.

How would you go about letting the community know about "ninja looters" with no server forums?

Am I missing the daily meetings on the server where everyone on the server meets at the fleet to compare notes on bad players?

How would you go about letting the community know about "ninja looters" with no server forums?

Am I missing the daily meetings on the server where everyone on the server meets at the fleet to compare notes on bad players?

Wouldn't have to ... good or bad, reputations would make their way through the server's community. Edited by GalacticKegger

Guys like you ruin a game. Waiting to make a party could be a interesting part of the game also. If your guild sucks, go in to a different one, if you are not in one, get one. What made other MMO's great was the high difficulty. Once the high difficulty was lowered because of people like you, the real gamers quit.

Standing around a town spamming LFG does not constitute an increased level of difficulty, just a lot more wasted time.

Am I the only one who has no trouble finding groups? I'm not in a guild, but whenever i need to do a heroic or flashpoint, i just open general chat and toggle LFG and keep questing. When i see a message LFG and the quest i need i whisper that person. Bam and there's a group :D It's easy really

Wouldn't have to ... good or bad, reputations would make their way through the server's community.

Blacklisting and bad rep doesnt work anymore in modern mmo's.

There is no way possible to know everyone on a a server these days.

Top that off with entire guilds that cater to players with bad reps and you just wont stop it ever.

It may seem that you have a impact on those players but you really dont.

Just ignore and move on.. Oh and most lfd systems that are cross server have cross server ignore list also.

Remember: this is NOT cross-server LFG (like WoW's) but just within your own server!

Well, I think the point is well taken that it could go either way at this point. Personally, as long as the "consequence" is intact (i.e. I can put you on ignore and not have to group with you again if you engage in behaviors that are inappropriate) then I don't really care if it is cross server or not. Though if we lack the tools to screen, regardless of how minimally we are able to, the people we play with, I'd rather it was just restricted to my server. This may cause us to suffer longer queue times, but that's a price I'm willing to pay.

Am I the only one who has no trouble finding groups? I'm not in a guild, but whenever i need to do a heroic or flashpoint, i just open general chat and toggle LFG and keep questing. When i see a message LFG and the quest i need i whisper that person. Bam and there's a group :D It's easy really

No! No! What you are asking of people is impossibly difficult!!! It would require communication, polite tells, etc., etc.

*shivers*

Edited by gurugeorge

Just wasted 20 mins spamming chat for a group for a Heroic quest. I dont think i will do any more group stuff until some viable LFG tool comes out.

From now on SWTOR is a single player game for me! Good job Bioware, you managed to take the MM out of MMO. :p

Edited by lycrates

Been looking for a group to do Looted Secrets on Alderaan for on and off 6 non-consecutive hours today.

But no, we don't need an intuitive server wide LFG tool that people like using.

Edited by Gungan

Nope , you're not the only one , I find groups all the time too . :D

Guys like you ruin a game. Waiting to make a party could be a interesting part of the game also. If your guild sucks, go in to a different one, if you are not in one, get one. What made other MMO's great was the high difficulty. Once the high difficulty was lowered because of people like you, the real gamers quit.

Really? REAL football players used to use leather helmets not this wussy real helmet crap, when that happened all the REAL players quit.

Improvements are improvements and LFD is one

You are definitely not the only one! Perhaps server populations might have something to do with that. I'm on Mask of Nihilus (listed as full) and heroics & FP groups form in chat all the time. World boss parties are also pretty popular on our server. Edited by GalacticKegger

For every ten posters asking for a tool, there are ten posters saying not to implement it as it is detrimental to the social aspect of MMO's.

With such an even split, Bioware would be damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I personally would like them to leave it alone and fix other aspects of the game that need a priority fix.

In the meantime, use that "LFG Comment Update" found in the Social window provided free of charge by Bioware. Put in the "Dungeon" you seek to group in maybe an H, T, or D for what role you will provide and wait for your invite. It's that simple and it free's Bioware programmers up to fix critical issues first.

You know they may have to do this. I was also thinking on servers with low Republic they could allow people from a predefined battle group to zone into the same shard of Illum, would help to keep both sides balanced for that one World PvP zone.