Stupid 'Gansta' shooting stance

DukeNukemTX

I have to ask, what moron thought this looked the least bit cool on the Unload skill? Is there at least a way for me to switch the stance back the the right and good looking way? As a PT, I am a walking tank, not some idiot gangsta that has no clue how to hold a weapon.

I just re activated my account, so wasn't here when this was first put in.

Edited by DukeNukemTX

I don't mind the new animation, but the old one was okey too.

You use unload as a PT? Seriously...its a waste of heat/ammo.

It is incidentally useful when you are stuck at long range (i.e. behind a fire in huttball) and your other long range attacks (i.e. DFA) are on cooldown.

You use unload as a PT? Seriously...its a waste of heat/ammo.

If you aren't using unload you are doing it wrong !

Unload with thermal override is a perfect way to vent heat,

Perfect against a sin/shadow when they use force shroud

Perfect against a marauder (If stun is down) For when they pop undying rage

Good for finishing targets that run away,

Good for starting a fight off (almost always starts burning if pyro)

I do agree with that OP though, I don't like that new animation at all but I would say that new SOUND is what really kills it for me. There is a delay from when you hit the unload button and when it starts going and now because the sound is also in delay sometimes I move or keep hitting it trying to make it work.

I would say the old animation looked really silly in how it looked like this little gun was about to rip your arm off but I do miss it. Please revert Thanks.

Yes, unload used when rooted, ect. But when or if I use it is not the issue, so pull your head out of the elitist kitty litter and focus on my OP.

The problem is, the Animation itself is doing two things at once, it half way keeps the old stance, with the left arm crooked under the right, like it should be but then you have the right had turned 90 degrees and totally voiding the left hand and its attempt to stabilize the weapon. Im sorry, but no 'gangsta' is going to do that because it looks stupid and no expert hand gun marksman is going to do that, because it IS stupid.

I mean, who ever animated the Troopers full auto with a Rifle has never seen a military man fire a rifle, but this takes that stupidity even further, they actually had the animation and stance right, then some numbskull in pants sagging to the ground comes along and changes it.

animation fits my pt pefectly. bunch of tricks and nonsense, ie flame spam, a knife and a smack wit mah jetpack. blasters half for show, i mean you should see how poorly aimed my rapid shots are. clearly i dunno what im doing with that thing.

The damage output is a waste, rapid shots is going to do the same amount of damage, if your using thermal sensor overide with unload to vent heat your wasting your TSO. Mercs use unload not powertechs, it does white dmg might throw the dot on the guy but so can rapid shots...You get knocked back and are rooted and want to use unload? Really? I think you just like the gansta look of it more then anything.

The damage output is a waste, rapid shots is going to do the same amount of damage

Rapid shots will never do the same damga as unload.

From my lvl 17 Powertech :

Rapid Shot : 108-149

Unload : 175-204 per second

It means that during 3s, 2 Rapid Shots will deal 216-298 while unload will deal 525-612. At this you add the fact that Rapid Shots have 10% less accuracy...

If you still believe unload is a waste then...

The damage output is a waste, rapid shots is going to do the same amount of damage, if your using thermal sensor overide with unload to vent heat your wasting your TSO. Mercs use unload not powertechs, it does white dmg might throw the dot on the guy but so can rapid shots...You get knocked back and are rooted and want to use unload? Really? I think you just like the gansta look of it more then anything.

This guy has to be trolling. No one can be this clueless.

Rapid shots will never do the same damga as unload.

From my lvl 17 Powertech :

Rapid Shot : 108-149

Unload : 175-204 per second

It means that during 3s, 2 Rapid Shots will deal 216-298 while unload will deal 525-612. At this you add the fact that Rapid Shots have 10% less accuracy...

If you still believe unload is a waste then...

The damage difference diminishes a little at level 50, with my current gear its 2100 damage with Rapid Shots vs 3200 with Unload. Rapid Shots is still the best to use in most cases as you can stay mobile. Only when you are stuck at range for some reason and have no reason to move away from or closer to your target should you use unload.

Derp.

Due to the channel time and heat, it's a free attack. Used in conjunction with TSO, you can actually attack AND vent heat with Unload. Next time just be quiet and let the adults talk.

Sorry to correct you on this but you should never use TSO with Unload. At long range use it with Death From Above. At close range if you can afford not to move use it with Flamethrower. Both abilities do superior damage to Unload, cost more heat that you save, and have the same 3 second channel time that lets you vent heat.

Edited by LordExozone

The damage difference diminishes a little at level 50, with my current gear its 2100 damage with Rapid Shots vs 3200 with Unload. Rapid Shots is still the best to use in most cases as you can stay mobile. Only when you are stuck at range for some reason and have no reason to move away from or closer to your target should you use unload.

Sorry to correct you on this but you should never use TSO with Unload. At long range use it with Death From Above. At close range if you can afford not to move use it with Flamethrower. Both abilities do superior damage to Unload, cost more heat that you save, and have the same 3 second channel time that lets you vent heat.

what part of "this is not about the viability of the skill" do people not understand?

As a shieldtech, I find unload useful is specific situations. While it is not in my regular rotation, IF (for example) I'm doing the Black Talon and I jet charge into a mob and there is some low hp trash at a distance (instead of wasting grapple), I can lob an ED at them followed by unload.

If you're running a daily (shieldtech or not) and you're bored and looking for new ways to kill trash, you can use unload or ED followed by a shoulder slam. Or use unload followed by a railshot. There are situational uses for unload...

But I have to agree with the other poster that generally speaking unload is not the most efficient dps ability to use.

Well the old stance was the same as rapid shots stance apart from two hands on the gun. The new stance has a bit more flair to it. I think its ok.

Flair is one thing, Im all for flair but this is Star Wars not Gang Wars.

Edited by DukeNukemTX

I sense racist undertones in the complaints expressed in this thread. Sounds like a bunch of mad, old white guys that are taking the animation of a video game way too seriously. Would you rather have the old animation back where your left hand was empty, but still pretending to fire a blaster?

• 1 month later...