Have to do Forged Alliances on every character before Rishi?

Regentlord

Is there a way to just start doing the expansion quests on Rishi without redoing Forged Alliance on every one of my characters? Thanks.

You can skip it by going to the initial quest giver on Rishi after picking up the SoR quest on your ship.

I would do the FPs, though, because of the free adaptive gear, as well as the 300 basic comms - the latter can help with some initial gearing at level cap.

I'm not sure if it's tied to the FPs, but I think you get a companion legacy 192 weapon from completing the FPs as well.

You can skip it by going to the initial quest giver on Rishi after picking up the SoR quest on your ship.

I would do the FPs, though, because of the free adaptive gear, as well as the 300 basic comms - the latter can help with some initial gearing at level cap.

I'm not sure if it's tied to the FPs, but I think you get a companion legacy 192 weapon from completing the FPs as well.

Thanks.

I have BiS legacy companion gear and I only PvP so the basic comms dont mean much to me.

• 1 month later...

For my first few character's runs through Forged Alliances I group-queued for the tactical ones to make it go faster (and more entertaining). Today I decided to get another character through it but this time groupfinder isn't allowing me to queue for the Korriban Incursion.

When did this happen? Wan it intentional?

Yeah, not sure why you'd want to skip these. Easy XP.

He said he mostly PvPs. PvP also gives you XP. It's likely he'll do PvP matches daily, if not constantly while leveling. It's also possible he'll PvP 55-60 and just face roll through the story content while 60 leveled and geared.

Tell me, (if you know), if you DO skip the flashpoints, does it change the story? And by that I mean, does it change a lot of dialogue?

Having played through it, a lot of the reasons why YOUR character is there and the companions you have there rely heavily on your character playing through 'Forged Alliances'. How does it look if your character skips FA? Is there a large expositional dialogue near the beginning bringing you up to speed with everything that's happened? I'm curious to know.

That is correct, as pointed out here.

Can't watch videos right now. Is there a dialogue for each class explaining why they were chosen?

Lana, Theron and Jakarro & D4 have multiple bounty contracts and are wanted from each of their factions. At the end of Forged Alliances they tell Your Character that you are the only person they can trust right now when there are conspirators on both sides of this huge conspiracy. You prove to them you will fight against Revan and keep them a secret.

Why seek out and arrange a covert plan to get The Commander of Havok Squad or The Emperor's Wrath to Rishi and HOPE they don't turn you in or kill you? (if they weren't in Forged Alliances)

"The Voidhound, renegade, ruthless, no good greedy son of a Hutt scoundrel... yeah Lana, let's get him."

~ Theron

Can't watch videos right now. Is there a dialogue for each class explaining why they were chosen?

Lana, Theron and Jakarro & D4 have multiple bounty contracts and are wanted from each of their factions. At the end of Forged Alliances they tell Your Character that you are the only person they can trust right now when there are conspirators on both sides of this huge conspiracy. You prove to them you will fight against Revan and keep them a secret.

Why seek out and arrange a covert plan to get The Commander of Havok Squad or The Emperor's Wrath to Rishi and HOPE they don't turn you in or kill you? (if they weren't in Forged Alliances)

"The Voidhound, renegade, ruthless, no good greedy son of a Hutt scoundrel... yeah Lana, let's get him."

~ Theron

I do not know about that to be honest. :(

It is likely the deal is the same as if you ran Forged Alliances prior to Shadow of Revan: there are some unique lines here and there, depending on the class and faction you're playing with, but that aside, the experience is the same.

For clarification, that video is from an official TOR Twitch stream featuring Hillary, Courtney and Charles Boyd playing the expansion shortly after its release. I never saw the whole thing, but I think they just played with a female Inquisitor the whole way through.

Edited by Darth_Wicked