Not a Fan of Cross Faction

Akevv

For the Voidstar, Novarre Coast, and Alderaan warzones, the cross faction queue doesn't make much sense. Anything with a scorecards, such as the 4v4's and Huttball, sure. Is it too late to keep the handful of actual GCW WZ's "traditional"? The voice overlays made little sense in those matches, and running around with "bad guys" didn't either.

I understand where you are coming from as cross faction is so strongly tied to the setting.

I think this is a case where we just have to accept that the health of the PvP side of things needs cross-faction to flourish (or not die, in the worst case). As much as I love Republic vs Empire, I'd rather have my PvP queues pop on a quicker, regular basis.

If nothing else, I can always pretend that these are just other training scenarios that Lana setup for the Outlander's forces. In these cases they were based on 'actual' Swtor historical battles.

As someone who's been PvPing more Rep side on an Imp dominated server of late, I can not wait for cross-faction queues!

Honestly, the only WZ I've found it really weird having opposite faction on your team was Voidstar. All the other Warzones, it didn't bother me at all...

But anyway, it's PvP these are 'training' scenarios, so meh. While some are based on actual lore happenings (Novare Coast for example) they didn't really happen lol (if that makes sense).

Edited by Pandoras_Jar

As someone who's been PvPing more Rep side on an Imp dominated server of late, I can not wait for cross-faction queues!

This is exactly it! I also cant wait to have this in ranked! The problem on the Faction dominated servers is that you have no chance to get rating on the other faction. Yes, people have used premades (since there was no one in que) but that is exploiting the situation and not fair towards the opposing faction that is actually queing solo!

With cross faction you can simply que your side and 1st of all get a SR pop and then also have a chance of winning since you will be qued with the other faction.

A button would be nice : "I want cross-faction" or "I don't want cross-faction", which might place you an either a cross-faction queue or into a non-cross-faction queue.

No. Because then que pops would die.

Lore and storyline < Actually functioning and fair ques

No. Because then que pops would die.

Lore and storyline < Actually functioning and fair ques

This, one every level.

PvP wise, lore and almost every other consideration not based on putting out a fair fight, go out the window.

If these changes do nothing else but stop the rampant pub side queue sync and super queues it will be an improvement.

Only one thing should matter in PvP, as close to fair and balanced matches as possible.

If nothing else, I can always pretend that these are just other training scenarios that Lana setup for the Outlander's forces. In these cases they were based on 'actual' Swtor historical battles.

They probably should change the voice overs but im fine with that.

I agree, they should get either Lana's or Theron's voice actors back in and re-record the voice overs for the warzones, then it can be believed that they are all part of the cross faction training for the outlander forces.

This way the "lore" is protected while at the same time getting the cross-faction queue's working, though I doubt that Bioware will go to that much effort on it.

Edited by Jedi_riches

Me neither, I hate it to fight alongside Imp wannabe bad boys, often even obviously immature kids (while in RL for sure often pale ******* lol - ok, it's a generalization but it's true WAY too often hehe) but we have to accept facts, it's better for fluent gameplay at this point. It wouldn't be necessary if we had bigger polulatons though but it is now, sad but true. Edited by Khaleg

I agree, they should get either Lana's or Theron's voice actors back in and re-record the voice overs for the warzones, then it can be believed that they are all part of the cross faction training for the outlander forces.

This way the "lore" is protected while at the same time getting the cross-faction queue's working, though I doubt that Bioware will go to that much effort on it.

That would be a good compromise and make the most sense moving forward.

• 2 weeks later...
Imagine you're in a warzone, with folks who used to be your "enemies" and they all go sit in a corner, while watching you die. I'm pretty certain the amount of trollol that we're in for after everything is cross faction is going to be epic. For now, folks on test center generally are veteran players, who have gotten over themselves. That's not going to be the case when this goes live. I hope I'm wrong (but I'm not).

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah only pubs thought this was a great idea so they can get carried. Well sorry to say you're bad. Pub players are really bad in fact. The warzones are pretty much who has to carry more pubs on their team (more pubs on your team means you lose). I'd much rather have competitive warzones where people at least knew the basics of pvp, their class, and gearing. Fix the MMR so we can be matched against players around our ability. But nope we get useless pubs on our teams now all in the name of "faster queues".... BTW I haven't noticed any difference in queue times. Maybe the community wouldn't be dieing off if they got things properly put together and actually cared about people cheating and had a rating system that put people of equal skills against one another. This is most likely the last straw for me.

Fix the MMR so we can be matched against players around our ability.

actually that is how it is supposed to work now. They will always try to match players around the same ability, (or ranking that we cannot see) The live patch just came today. so give it a few days, and then complain if its not better.

I hear you OP. I feel the same way. They also changed the animations. They should let us choose if we want to play cross-faction matches or not when we queue and restore the old animations for when the matches aren't cross-faction.

Don't tell others how to justify it. Don't be an apologist for BW's decision.

A button would be nice : "I want cross-faction" or "I don't want cross-faction", which might place you an either a cross-faction queue or into a non-cross-faction queue.

Someone else gets it. Don't shove your playstyles down our throats. Give us choice.

That doesn't protect the lore if you remove the original. That changes it. By having both faction and cross-faction versions, then the lore would be protected.

That would be a good compromise and make the most sense moving forward.

Only if a choice is given.

Here's a way for you to reconcile this without them changing anything: just assume that either before or after the actual GCW, at the times of relative piece, both factions were doing wargames. Problem solved.

Another apologist, don't tell people how to justify this change.

Look BW, I understand you're hoping this will alleviate queue times. (That remains to be seen.) what you could've done was fixed how matchmaking works, because oftentimes, the teams are unbalanced (usually in favor of the Imps but not always. You play enough though, and you can predict when the Imps will stomp like clockwork. The hardcore PvP players run on a predictable schedule). If you really wanted to do cross-faction, then you could've created another warzone or two that is by default cross-faction, like Yavin is (which is a map that is a missed opportunity, but I'm not going to get into that here).

Cross-faction warzones aren't going to fix anything and the old ones being cross-faction now just doesn't fit the theme. It fits with Proving Grounds, cause that's set during KotFE/KotET, but the old ones...no, just no. This was a horrible idea. Instead of forcing everyone to play this way, you could've given us a choice!

Let us choose whether we want to queue cross-faction or not. This is what WoW did with Mercenary Mode.

Once again, BW, you have let the hardcore PvP crowd dictate what you do. You let them change characteristic abilities for all the classes, and now this?! You do this at the expense of alienating the rest of the players. PvP isn't everything (and it isn't the only thing either).

Edited by Tofu_Shark