Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Delani
06.14.2019 , 07:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Where have they mentioned anything specific about warrior/knight tacticals? And arent amps supposedly "irrelevant min/maxing random extra stats?"
Some of the Sorc, and sith warrrior tacts and amplifiers were datamined. I saw them on reddit

Severith
06.14.2019 , 07:40 AM | #12
It's gonna be bad. When Musco is smiling at the same time he said "pvpers are going to hate this one" during set bonus discussions about madness sorc, you know their head is not in the right place. My main take aways:

1) They're mimicking the success of ESO horizontal progression via set bonuses. That's fine on paper, but...
A) ESO does class and set bonus readjustments on almost a monthly basis, sooner when needed
B) SWTOR is lucky to get a yearly class adjustment, even with community outcry and blatant balance issues
C) The current combat team is going to be vastly behind the curve in addressing the issues
D) People will be driven away from pvp unless they participate in the uneven metas that will emerge

There's other concerns, especially optimization and storytelling issues, but those belong in the general forums.

DavidAtkinson
06.14.2019 , 08:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
See the thing is, its up to the players to balance things not the devs. The devs are doing a great job by giving us all these different options tbh. You will have to find a counter to other optimal builds. Although some of the sith warrior tacts and amps seem a bit OP
No dude.. they will be broken and for PVP there won't be much room. Every class will have a standard... most FOTM build that everyone will play and that's it.

What they are planning requires constant patches and adjustments and they haven't done much class balance in all 3 years since 5.0 and honestly ? Class balance for PVP was always one of their weakest points.

I wouldn't expect too much if I were you as you there might be a massive let down awaiting you.

DavidAtkinson
06.14.2019 , 08:25 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
It's gonna be bad. When Musco is smiling at the same time he said "pvpers are going to hate this one" during set bonus discussions about madness sorc, you know their head is not in the right place. My main take aways:

1) They're mimicking the success of ESO horizontal progression via set bonuses. That's fine on paper, but...
A) ESO does class and set bonus readjustments on almost a monthly basis, sooner when needed
B) SWTOR is lucky to get a yearly class adjustment, even with community outcry and blatant balance issues
C) The current combat team is going to be vastly behind the curve in addressing the issues
D) People will be driven away from pvp unless they participate in the uneven metas that will emerge

There's other concerns, especially optimization and storytelling issues, but those belong in the general forums.
I expect the classes that are cannon fodder now to be overpowered supermutants in 6.0.. It has always been like this. why would 6.0 be any different ?

KendraP
06.14.2019 , 08:28 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
Some of the Sorc, and sith warrrior tacts and amplifiers were datamined. I saw them on reddit
That was sorc and sin I read, both of which are inquisitors/JCs. Is that what you actually mean?

Edit to add: where are you getting that amplifiers are class specific? From what I read, they are "small, min/maxing modifiers too unimportant to be included in balance" additional stats added randomly to every gear piece that can be rerolled for a credits to get a different random small irrelevant but relevant stat.

Rion_Starkiller
06.14.2019 , 08:45 AM | #16
I'm of the opinion that we hit rock bottom with 5.0, so 6.0 can't be worse, right?
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Severith
06.14.2019 , 08:52 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I expect the classes that are cannon fodder now to be overpowered supermutants in 6.0.. It has always been like this. why would 6.0 be any different ?
I've always thought that PT was only one OP DCD away from being top dawg in dps pvp. If they get that through a set bonus...yeah. They'd be perfect right now with a smaller dcd on a lower cooldown, like cloak of pain.

Bioware Austin doesn't have control of the situation when it's only dealing with the current 100 variables, but set bonuses and tacticals won't add to those variables, they'll multiply them.

Banderal
06.14.2019 , 10:08 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by omeru View Post
Do you think things will be better in 6.0?
Well, I ended my sub (but apparently my "posting cookie" has not expired yet), so my opinion is irrelevant. But...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha! Hahahaha. Haha. Ha.

Oh, that was great. Thanks for the laugh.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Lhancelot
06.14.2019 , 01:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post

This sounds about right. Hate to say it.

It's like McDonald's chefs telling us they are going to start making meals like Red Lobster, even though they have no supply of all the things needed to make Red Lobster meals properly.

There has to be a structure behind the system, and for this type of system it sounds like a lot of proactive maintenance has to be kept up.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

jimmorrisson
07.16.2019 , 03:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by omeru View Post
Do you think things will be better in 6.0?
Going by from when 5.0 was implemented back in 2016 to now: no.

When it comes to gearing - going by Ossus and Dantooine the answer is no. Gear will be behind of a wall of reputation levels then grinding highly bugged bosses and ranked.

Of course there will be EA's end-game-monetization known as CXP only called RXP which will also drop loot crates... because crates went over well the first time around.

While I appreciate the Ossus and Dantooine along with new maps (minus Yavin's obnoxiously overly loud node cannon fire) and cross faction play - I may have acquired PTSD from gearing all of my alts from the crates then Ossus.

I'm sure there will be the ones who point out how you don't need high end gear to pvp. I will be waiting for you.