Bring back Scoundrel UpperHand proc laugh

Thexremstar

Why is it that we lost our upper hand proc laugh? Why do Powertechs still have theres it makes me angry when they laugh at me all the time when they chase u round the map burning you and laughing the whole time either remove the Power tech laugh or bring back my upper hand proc laugh. So I can laugh at them while I heal myself :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing against audio for the proc, but at least make it something other ppl can disable. the scoundrel healer on my first guild was laughing almost non-stop the whole raid. it was annoying as all heck. on the other hand, other pyros/assaults don't bother me one iota (whether I'm on the assault or not).

in short: an audio cue is fine. just...less annoying or something that can be disabled w/o messing up other sounds.

edit: I believe the proc on pyros was knocked back twice, once before I used him and once afterward (I think I picked mine up in 1.2/3; he was just a tank/tactics pve before then). anyway, 6s cd on proc. if the pyro saves his rocketpunch, though, it's almost a guarantee after the cd is up. those numbers are all top of m'head, and I don't care to look it up atm.

Edited by foxmob

Yeah. I know playing pyro spec, it made it a lot easier to know the proc due to the laugh. They need things like that as improvements to a lot of procs for several classes IMO. just make it to where only you hear it for crying out loud. Of all the idiotic things they address, I don't know how they continue to make things worse in so many ways.

• Dev Post

Good news everyone! Upper Hand and Tactical Advantage proc laugh/giggle is coming back in 2.0! Your Scoundrel or Operative will now chuckle most heartily when they gain their first UP/TA when they previously had zero. Before we took it out completely the sound was playing every time you gained an UP/TA and was really spamming everyone with their infectious chortles. I really miss the giggle so I’m glad we are bringing it back, hope yall enjoy it as well! :jawa_biggrin:

Cheers!

Good news everyone! Upper Hand and Tactical Advantage proc laugh/giggle is coming back in 2.0! Your Scoundrel or Operative will now chuckle most heartily when they gain their first UP/TA when they previously had zero. Before we took it out completely the sound was playing every time you gained an UP/TA and was really spamming everyone with their infectious chortles. I really miss the giggle so I’m glad we are bringing it back, hope yall enjoy it as well! :jawa_biggrin:

Cheers!

Holy cow they do check these forums still.

Cheers!

whoa :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

could we get some hints as to whether 2.0 is the next patch? or are we going to go through 1.8 and 1.9?

Cheers!

Thats awesome, sry for my earlier rant.

Cheers!

**** they answered.... Even though I would have loved for answers to so many other posts out there, it is really refreshing to know that they do somewhat pay attention and listen to the community...

Cheers!

Any chance sorcerers or snipers get some sort of attack like this?

<-- won't be angry if the answer's no.

Cheers!

Great news. The laugh is win. You just have these two posts so I'm thinking BW recently allotted you hours to roam the forums? (if so we appreciate it). Either way we hope to see more of you Alex. Its been feeling like we're discussing some of this stuff in a vacuum even when the majority can see fixes needs to happen, we can't even get a sense that you guys are on the same page. Can we expect to be seeing BW responses on a weekly basis? Biweekly? Obviously you won't answer every or even most questions, but just knowing that the occasional thread actually gets read is huge.

Edited by Asunasan

Okay, but will the sound play on the clients of nearby players? It is pretty infuriating being killed by an operative who surprises you from stealth, and then get laughed at when he gets the killing blow.

Otherwise, I want my Guardian to play a laugh sound when he gets killing blows too.

• Dev Post
Great news. The laugh is win. You just have these two posts so I'm thinking BW recently allotted you hours to roam the forums? (if so we appreciate it). Either way we hope to see more of you Alex. Its been feeling like we're discussing some of this stuff in a vacuum even when the majority can see fixes needs to happen, we can't even get a sense that you guys are on the same page. Can we expect to be seeing BW responses on a weekly basis? Biweekly? Obviously you won't answer every or even most questions, but just knowing that the occasional thread actually gets read is huge.

I have been lurking the forums since they were created, I just never had the opportunity to post until now... I'm sure I will regret the decision at some point :mon_tongue:

Just kidding! I'm looking forward to responding to as many topics as I am able to but I cannot guarantee any type of quota for me or my fellow devs of course. I know its not as satisfying/comforting as having a golden yellow response but trust that we are lurking, reading and noting suggestions even if we don't give the thread a response.

Keep up the discussions! Cheers!

The complaint before the giggle was taken away was that everyone heard it.

It'll be great to have it back but if everyone hears the giggle again ...

This time, please just have it so only the person who gets the UH can hear it.

This is even better than forcing other people to disable something they have nothing to do with.

Cheers!

Only the first one? Sadface.

Still, better than nothing. I missed my Agent laughing as he probed people :(

Okay, but will the sound play on the clients of nearby players? It is pretty infuriating being killed by an operative who surprises you from stealth, and then get laughed at when he gets the killing blow.

Otherwise, I want my Guardian to play a laugh sound when he gets killing blows too.

it's an audible cue when uh procs. it would normally come before a killing blow...unless you die to blaster whip?

anyway, I'm pretty happy with the answer. it only makes the audio when the proc actually means something. quick response too. I think maybe they're only allowed to comment on "good news"?

The complaint before the giggle was taken away was that everyone heard it.

It'll be great to have it back but if everyone hears the giggle again ...

This time, please just have it so only the person who gets the UH can hear it.

This is even better than forcing other people to disable something they have nothing to do with.

If they do this, then I want the BH laugh changed as well.

Cheers!

Thank You but NO!!

So i'm gonna giggle only when 1st TA is gained?? and then nothing??? So how do i keep track of the rest of TAs?!

Leave it as it is i dont care, but keep the sound same any time i gain TA. It's like i have too little things to watch as OP?? So i'll watch for one more...?

- or do i understand that you remove sound for TA exept the 1st one?

Cheers!

Nice. That way it will finally be discernable again. It would be great if some of the other professions' proc effects would also receive some more discernable audio feedback as well.

Holy cow they do check these forums still.
I guess there is still hope for chat bubbles then. ;)