Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Sorcerer Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediMasterAlex
07.10.2019 , 11:54 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
^This

Overload is a strategic ability, not a rotational ability. The only time it should be used with the new Voltage stuff is to "energize" yourself right before a boss pull, or as you prepare for spawning/respawning in pvp. Players should not be using it randomly as it knockbacks grouped adds, players, etc.

Perhaps move it to the cleanse?

PS - For these reasons, Overload healing utility is also very very bad. Please remove the utility.
I agree with the overload stuff you and others have pointed out. Perhaps another option would be Cloud Mind, the threat drop, which you can make into a 25%, 6 second dmg reduction with a utility. So if that also offered some offensive potential, that would be good.

ceazare
07.10.2019 , 07:23 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
I agree with the overload stuff you and others have pointed out. Perhaps another option would be Cloud Mind, the threat drop, which you can make into a 25%, 6 second dmg reduction with a utility. So if that also offered some offensive potential, that would be good.
Tying a defensive cooldown to threat drop is already bad. Sometimes when you're getting hit you want to either pop a defensive and tank for a while before it switches to somebody else or threat dump immediately and save the defensive.

You want to use a threat drop to do more damage. Do you see a problem with that?
Pelara <Titans>
The Red Eclipse

JediMasterAlex
07.13.2019 , 08:46 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by ceazare View Post
Tying a defensive cooldown to threat drop is already bad. Sometimes when you're getting hit you want to either pop a defensive and tank for a while before it switches to somebody else or threat dump immediately and save the defensive.

You want to use a threat drop to do more damage. Do you see a problem with that?
I was talking purely from a pvp perspective, where it's used just as an extra dcd if you take the utility.

ottffsse
07.14.2019 , 04:52 PM | #64
Isn't the current Set Bonus suggested heavily swayed towards the heal spec?

The force speed/alacrity buff can be made very useful by all specs but the dps specs would never bother with overload, at least in a PvE raid nor the other healing buff from the set.

Sorcerers have two primary defensive utilities across all specs they all use: 1.) Phase Walk and 2.) Force Barrier

Improving those two should be the focus. Something like 60meter range of phase walk and a short immunity to damage after executing it.
As for Force Barrier I really think it should be a short immobilized channel of 2sec of total immunity and after that another 5 seconds of immunity while being able to move and attack. The effect can become "weaker" in those 5 seconds if a total of 5 seconds immunity to damage and effects is to long....but it is absolutely a waste currently as a defensive because the enemy will just wait next to you while you are paralyzed channeling your barrier and once it end they attack you like nothing happened. So basically anything that improves Force Barrier within reason.

Edit: if this is indeed the new set bonus in 6.0 with overload etc, I'd rather just keep my old 5x one.
Click my referral, get free stuff:
http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ

Rion_Starkiller
07.15.2019 , 03:35 PM | #65
The Force-Speed-Alacrity bonus is going to be pretty sweet for Lightning TK.

Overload will be for building Energize as a sort of pre-cast to get 3 charges before a fight. My only worry is that it's carried over and used randomly during combat in pvp and pve.

Who knows
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Alanbra
07.16.2019 , 05:58 AM | #66
My initial thought on what's described is that my madness sorc would be willing to trade all the tacticals listed and the new volt rush for the ability to use force lighting while moving.

omaan
07.20.2019 , 11:04 AM | #67
Lightning sorc needs no buff. It is tanky too much, even 3 dps can't easily kill one lightning sorc due to its defense buffs. it's dps is mediocore, if sorc breaks rotation it becomes badly in the end yet skilled sorcs can manage it. If you buff lightning sorc dps it will become overpowered since this class will both do big damage, have great defense and have two breakers (normal breaker + bubble)

JediMasterAlex
07.20.2019 , 11:24 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Lightning sorc needs no buff. It is tanky too much, even 3 dps can't easily kill one lightning sorc due to its defense buffs. it's dps is mediocore, if sorc breaks rotation it becomes badly in the end yet skilled sorcs can manage it. If you buff lightning sorc dps it will become overpowered since this class will both do big damage, have great defense and have two breakers (normal breaker + bubble)
Lightning sorcs still aren't better than maras in any scenario. And the new stuff for maras is light years better than the stuff for sorcs, so this complaint is beyond useless.