Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Swtor put on a backburner


Collec's Avatar


Collec
11.19.2019 , 03:49 AM | #1
It all became clear. With news coming out, that Anthem is getting "overhaul", it became crystal clear to me, that SWTOR is ONCE AGAIN being put on hold. JUST LOOK AT 6.0 !!!!! WHAT EXPANSION HAS LAUNCHED WITH SO LITTLE CONTENT !?!?!?!?

I get it...main thing is tacticals and gear. TOO LITTLE....WAAAY TOO LATE !!!

They gonna once again milk this on loyal fanbase, because it has STAR WARS ip.

And I don't know,what it has now...but Anthem is just gonna turn into f2p clone of SWTOR. And no that is not a good thing. Maybe it is for idiots...I don't care, I never played Anthem. I just want devs to focus on this fking game !!!

Unsub and send them message.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.19.2019 , 04:01 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Collec View Post
It all became clear. With news coming out, that Anthem is getting "overhaul", it became crystal clear to me, that SWTOR is ONCE AGAIN being put on hold. JUST LOOK AT 6.0 !!!!! WHAT EXPANSION HAS LAUNCHED WITH SO LITTLE CONTENT !?!?!?!?

I get it...main thing is tacticals and gear. TOO LITTLE....WAAAY TOO LATE !!!

They gonna once again milk this on loyal fanbase, because it has STAR WARS ip.

And I don't know,what it has now...but Anthem is just gonna turn into f2p clone of SWTOR. And no that is not a good thing. Maybe it is for idiots...I don't care, I never played Anthem. I just want devs to focus on this fking game !!!

Unsub and send them message.
Oh because Unsubbing is such a smart idea, because it won't send the completely the wrong message to Bioware's overlords at EA

Just because Anthem is being worked on doesn't mean this game is going to be ignored. Onslaught was a smaller expansion, yes, but it was a very enjoyable one nonetheless (barring the crafting changes and bugs ofc). It's obvious the story that was introduced there is going to continue and new content will be produced around it.

I understand it's tempting to get fired up on a conspiracy theory train with all these bits and pieces of news, but frankly, until actually something happens there's no need to worry ahead of time. For all we know, Anthem's overhaul is not going to have any impact on SWTOR, we can't know for sure. Don't get yourself worked up over this and definitely don't encourage others to unsub, because that might actually be damaging to the game and have far worse consequences than you perceive now.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Spoloma's Avatar


Spoloma
11.19.2019 , 04:29 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Oh because Unsubbing is such a smart idea, because it won't send the completely the wrong message to Bioware's overlords at EA

Just because Anthem is being worked on doesn't mean this game is going to be ignored. Onslaught was a smaller expansion, yes, but it was a very enjoyable one nonetheless (barring the crafting changes and bugs ofc). It's obvious the story that was introduced there is going to continue and new content will be produced around it.

I understand it's tempting to get fired up on a conspiracy theory train with all these bits and pieces of news, but frankly, until actually something happens there's no need to worry ahead of time. For all we know, Anthem's overhaul is not going to have any impact on SWTOR, we can't know for sure. Don't get yourself worked up over this and definitely don't encourage others to unsub, because that might actually be damaging to the game and have far worse consequences than you perceive now.
The guy is probably right. Bioware plans on completely overhauling the game. That takes manpower and a lot of resources. That said, Bioware is also working on next DA and ME. Likely most of BWA would be working on Anthem.
There is no conspiracy here, judging by the size of latest DLC, i highly doubt we're gonna get consistent updates every few month.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.19.2019 , 04:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoloma View Post
The guy is probably right. Bioware plans on completely overhauling the game. That takes manpower and a lot of resources. That said, Bioware is also working on next DA and ME. Likely most of BWA would be working on Anthem.
There is no conspiracy here, judging by the latest size of latest DLC, i highly doubt we're gonna get consistent updates every few month.
We didn't get consistent updates before Onslaught either, so is anything going to change? Things will stay the same, which honestly is better than if they'd worsen, which they won't. SWTOR is a huge revenue source for EA so they will want to keep it running and thus, keep players happy playing it. Or if not happy, then at least satisfied enough to keep on going.

Unsubbing out of protest is not going to help EA believing that players are satisfied. If too many unsub, they will shut the game down, simple. They won't cave in, they won't make SWTOR their primary focus again, they'll simply cut losses. You don't want that, I absolutely don't want that and I bet that no honest player of this game actually wants SWTOR to shut down. Besides, unsubbing protests have never worked in the past, never. Mainly because barely anyone joined in such protests.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Spoloma's Avatar


Spoloma
11.19.2019 , 04:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
We didn't get consistent updates before Onslaught either, so is anything going to change? Things will stay the same, which honestly is better than if they'd worsen, which they won't. SWTOR is a huge revenue source for EA so they will want to keep it running and thus, keep players happy playing it. Or if not happy, then at least satisfied enough to keep on going.

Unsubbing out of protest is not going to help EA believing that players are satisfied. If too many unsub, they will shut the game down, simple. They won't cave in, they won'tmake SWTOR their primary focus again, they'll simply cut losses. You don't want that, I absolutely don't want that and I bet that no honest player of this game actually wants SWTOR to shut down. Besides, unsubbing protests have never worked in the past, never. Mainly because barely anyone joined in such protests.
No, swtor is a source of minor profit, always was. Major sources of profits are those idiotic sports games, they literally make billion a year. Post 5.x swtor clearly doesn't make nowhere near of the sum. Why do you think we're not getting any worthwhile updates, but only cartel market ****? No revenue - no content. The guy makes a good point, why stay and pay for the game, that doesn't make any new content? Because of fanboyism? Even that has it's limits. It's not about protest, people are gonna unsub naturally due to lack of content. And, judging by bioware's plans, we ain't gonna be having anything worthwhile for years to come, if ever.
Personally, i've been in this game since mid 2012 and i'm a huge fan of EU, but even i'm getting tired of this ********.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.19.2019 , 04:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoloma View Post
No, swtor is a source of minor profit, always was. Major sources of profits are those idiotic sports games, they literally make billion a year. Post 5.x swtor clearly doesn't make nowhere near of the sum. Why do you think we're not getting any worthwhile updates, but only cartel market ****? No revenue - no content. The guy makes a good point, why stay and pay for the game, that doesn't make any new content? Because of fanboyism? Even that has it's limits. It's not about protest, people are gonna unsub naturally due to lack of content. And, judging by bioware's plans, we ain't gonna be having anything worthwhile for years to come, if ever.
Personally, i've been in this game since mid 2012 and i'm a huge fan of EU, but even i'm getting tired of this ********.
Then you haven't read the latest article about EA in which the company speaks how satisfied and happy it is with how well SWTOR is doing revenue wise. They released that the game has already made over 1 billion dollars in revenue for EA. You're basing your point of view on conjecture, but the factual evidence is completely different.

Here's what I am talking about: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hu.../1100-6471011/

Quote:
Publisher Elctronic Arts announced on an earnings call that The Old Republic is now closing in on $1 billion in lifetime revenue. "Believe it or not, we are close to $1 billion on Star Wars: The Old Republic revenue from the start of its history," EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said. "So it's a business that just keeps on going. We like those types of businesses."
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Spoloma's Avatar


Spoloma
11.19.2019 , 04:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Then you haven't read the latest article about EA in which the company speaks how satisfied and happy it is with how well SWTOR is doing revenue wise. They released that the game has already made over 1 billion dollars in revenue for EA. You're basing your point of view on conjecture, but the factual evidence is completely different.

Here's what I am talking about: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hu.../1100-6471011/
LOL. It made a billion in 9 years, again 9 years. Developing swtor took 250-300mil + 100mil on advertisements. Beside that, EA has to pay for the license. Take that into the account. Also, most of profits came from direct purchase of the game during it's launch + sub. After that game went full free-to-play, but still charged for expansions. Post 4.x subbed player base dropped and even more so during 5.x. Why do you think we didn't get any numbers on 4/5.x revenue? Because of was LOW.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.19.2019 , 05:01 AM | #8
And clearly, the revenue they're making of off it is satisfying EA or otherwise they would have cut losses much earlier. If you want to view this negatively then that is of course your prerogative, but you can't present your views as facts. Especially in light of the article that clearly indicates that EA wants to continue these types of businesses. SWTOR is making EA a ton of revenue and they won't simply throw it away or forget about it, no matter how many projects they'll have Bioware working on. So no, the OP is not onto something here and unsubbing will not help you get your dissatisfaction be heard. If you are unhappy with the game and want to go onto something else, sure, go ahead and unsubscribe. But don't call for or expect others to follow your suit, simply out of protest.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.19.2019 , 05:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
And clearly, the revenue they're making of off it is satisfying EA or otherwise they would have cut losses much earlier. If you want to view this negatively then that is of course your prerogative, but you can't present your views as facts. Especially in light of the article that clearly indicates that EA wants to continue these types of businesses. SWTOR is making EA a ton of revenue and they won't simply throw it away or forget about it, no matter how many projects they'll have Bioware working on.
But they also won't pour Money into it..

which is what the OP frustration come from.

That article (which I posted in the off topic a while ago lol), all it does is add fuel to the frustrated peoples .

Even if its just for PR or share holder . Here peoples are facing Bugs from ages ago, and getting the nay sayer giving the same old exuse of ''Dont have man power, dont have mouney, dont have this and that'' .

Yet they are still making money, yet we are still being told this game wont shut down cose its doing great, yet we still hear the endless echo of ''EA LOVE SWTOR!!!''

But not enough LOVE to pour some of that revenue back in here . But they decided to focus on Anthem instead, when this game need alot of Aspirin and band aid .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.19.2019 , 05:11 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
But they also won't pour Money into it..

which is what the OP frustration come from.

That article (which I posted in the off topic a while ago lol), all it does is add fuel to the frustrated peoples .

Even if its just for PR or share holder . Here peoples are facing Bugs from ages ago, and getting the nay sayer giving the same old exuse of ''Dont have man power, dont have mouney, dont have this and that'' .

Yet they are still making money, yet we are still being told this game wont shut down cose its doing great, yet we still hear the endless echo of ''EA LOVE SWTOR!!!''

But not enough LOVE to pour some of that revenue back in here . But they decided to focus on Anthem instead, when this game need alot of Aspirin and band aid .
And I don't disagree with that. It is unfair that EA is taking all the profit from this game but doesn't pour some of that revenue back into the game, I am frustrated with that myself. Don't you think I would want to see SWTOR returning to the state it was in during its prime? I love this game more than any other and I am hoping fiery for it that the game will go through a grand revival at some point, as naive as that hope may be.

But calling for a unsubbing protest is not going to make that happen, it's not going to move EA to suddenly devote resources to SWTOR instead of Anthem. If too many people unsub or stop buying from the Cartel Market, EA is going to do one thing: shut the game down. And is that what people want? To see this game be closed forever? Would that really be the better alternative?

If someone wants to take a break from this game or doesn't get enjoyment from it and wants to move onto something else, then by all means they should unsub. It's not healthy to force yourself to continue to do something you clearly don't want anymore. But calling for unsubbing protests is anything but prudent, as it will absolutely not have the intended result of moving EA into pouring more resources into this game.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!