Enough with patches

hoonz

The game only just came out, in a perfect world everything would be tested, then tested again, then maybe tested a third time, but it just isn't practical with the amount of fixes and tweaks that need to be done at the moment.

Lots of patches > few to no patches

It at leasts shows they're trying, as opposed to what the latter would imply. No matter how silly the fix ( I /facepalmed at the baby name, but i figure every patch is entitled to 1 silly bug fix)

Pissed off about this, I get up early to play the game so I have a full day on my last day before I return to uni and yet another patch.

That's 3 patches in 3 days for arbitrary fixes, some of which don't actually fix anything as the bugs still persist.

Lots if little patches are a good thing. One of the things I absolutely hated about WoW is that they would wait months to publish everything in one big patch that would break the game for dozens, if not hundreds, of people. Or make so many drastic changes that I would be forced to re-download updated versions of my threat meter, UI, DPS meter, etc. etc. etc.

And then they'd have to spend weeks trying to figure out what, in this huge patch with hundreds of fixes and adjustments went wrong. And then make a patch to fix the patch.

Small patches mean that it is easier to roll back a mistake, you get more fixed sooner, and if you do something really silly. You don't have to sort through dozens of changes and fixes to find what affected what and where and how and if one change broke one thing somewhere that changed something.

Come on stop whining about patches, better to fix if they see that something gets broken than to wait for week or more with broken patches.

There is a live test server where they run patches before they release them, but still it isn't fool proof system.

It doesn't help that ppl come crying here "my only duty-free day from work/uni/school/jail/throne"

It happens to everyone of us. No need to come here spamming these threads as u might see with ur eyes that there is tons of these topics going on..

grrr... :D

If you're going to do daily patches can you please swap to rolling restarts? This way we're only down for 15min instead of the insanity that is 2 hours down. Yes, it costs you more, but you've been successful with the game. We're paying for it!

For us hardcore older gamers 11PM PST to 2AM PST is PRIME TIME! Our wives are sleeping and it's time to get our game on.

Which would you rather have, a game that never gets patched and is buggy as hell or one that gets patched fairly often and gets running smoothly? Can't have both. Personally, I would prefer the patches.

While I can tolerate the constant patching and down time(for the moment), I believe your post is a false dichotomy, there is plenty of middle ground, surely at least 1 day apart would help pacify the crowd?

Edited by FeliZz

Lots of patches > few to no patches

It at leasts shows they're trying, as opposed to what the latter would imply. No matter how silly the fix ( I /facepalmed at the baby name, but i figure every patch is entitled to 1 silly bug fix)

Wrong. They bring game down at AU peak time and EU day, which is NOT the lowest server population time in EU.

What we have in return?

Patches with fixes, that fix nothing (like resource nodes are still bugged).

Patches with lot's non essential for game fixes (emotes in vehicles, baby names in credits), while lacking game breaking bugs fixes.

And for that nonsense we have downtimes which are set at US night only. That is disrespectful to say the least. BW are bunch of incompetent liers. They said "highest quality service" - LIE. As of now it is lowest quality service.

While I can tolerate the constant patching and down time(for the moment), I believe your post is a false dichotomy, there is plenty of middle ground, surely at least 1 day apart would help pacify the crowd?

But he is complaining about there being a patch period. Even if they waited till tomorrow, he would still be complaining about there being a patch.

Wrong. They bring game down at AU peak time and EU day, which is NOT the lowest server population time in EU.

What we have in return?

Patches with lot's non essential for game fixes (emotes in vehicles, baby names in credits), while lacking game breaking bugs fixes.

And for that nonsense we have downtimes which are set at US night only. That is disrespectful to say the least. BW are bunch of incompetent liers. They said "highest quality service" - LIE. As of now it is lowest quality service.

However, it is the GLOBALY lowest played time. I agree that it is very onconvienent for EU and Aussies, but unless they seperate EU from NA so staggering wont flood either servers form the other side, this is the best they can do right now i suppose.

Also, Ive seen plently of fixes that actually fixed stuff, like indoor FPS which is what my major issue was! Also, ever think the major game breaking bugs, because they are major, might take a LONG time to fix while avoiding breaking anything else?

I just think you ate one to many sour patch kids.

What we have in return?

/facepalm

some bugs might get heck loads of more code to be fixed than other, they will fix the serious problems, but it will take more time. And i do't care if the downtime happens to be on a peak hours. It is still better that they try and fix the game. And it is well known fact in MMO's that when you fix something, then something else gets broken. You can ask ie FunCom about that,

Edited by Moikko

seriously...4th day in a row and always in aussie prime time....

how about you TEST patches BEFORE releasing them?

Lol, so people gripe that there are bugs, they fix the bugs and then need to roll out the patch for the bug fixes.. Now you're whining like a 4 year old that they're giving you fixes..

QQ MOAR...

Patches need to come the timing is horrible though.

It'll be horrible for someone, somewhere no matter what. At some point, they just have to say "screw it, we're imlimenting this patch NOW"

Heck, I wouldnt even mind if they did it during NA's prime time once in a while. Moar cuddling with bf time!

It'll be horrible for someone, somewhere no matter what. At some point, they just have to say "screw it, we're imlimenting this patch NOW"

Heck, I wouldnt even mind if they did it during NA's prime time once in a while. Moar cuddling with bf time!

Its a poor choice in general its why most MMO's don't make it at that time.